Wii's in Canada

centracore

CAGiversary!
Hey all,

My room mate is looking to get a Wii now but she says everywhere here is always sold out still, I verified that myself yesterday... Do any CAGs have any tips as to when some might be showing up in particular stores? (I know when I got my just before Christmas someone here had a tip that all EB Games would have at least a certain number on a certain day).

Thanks!

Best Buy and Future Shop (both in-store and online) usually get them on Fridays. Toys R Us is Saturday. I think Zellers is Saturday as well.

Your best bet would be to check the weekly flyers of each retailer: if the Wii is advertised, there will be stock.

I am not sure who is still looking for any Wii's, but I was at RCSS on Hurontario & Steeles yesterday - April 19, 2008 (in Brampton/Mississauga) and they had about 12 of them there.

I know it is not a deal - but if you have PC points that you could use towards it does knock the price down a bit.

I second superstore. They always have stock when others are out. It was the only place in town I could find Rock Band. Same deal with my son's Wii.
~S

RCSS were advertising a minimum of 10 Wiis per store this weekend (Apr. 18-20) and Zellers had the same promotion last weekend. Looks like Canada has been receiving much larger shipments than normal. Although, it still doesn't seem to be making things any easier.

Check Rogers Video. I think a lot of people forget they sell stuff like that. Mine has had two for a week or so now.

There were like 8 at Zellers at Erin Mills Town Centre today in Mississauga Ontario. I see they are coming in by the truckload.

It took me over 2 weeks to track one down for my sister on her birthday in mid January.

Just got back from Futureshop in Toronto (Eglington and Laird) and the guy there said they had a shipment of 100 come in a couple of days ago. He said they had about 20 left. FYI.

Seems like they are out there...

I saw 5 today at EB across the street from Sherway this afternoon. Also saw several Guitar Hero's for the Wii.

[quote name='centracore']Hey all,

My room mate is looking to get a Wii now but she says everywhere here is always sold out still, I verified that myself yesterday... Do any CAGs have any tips as to when some might be showing up in particular stores? (I know when I got my just before Christmas someone here had a tip that all EB Games would have at least a certain number on a certain day).

Thanks![/quote]

not sure where you are in Canada but the Wal-Mart in East Richmond had at lest 10 Wii's as of yesterday around noon.

they are everywhere now, the initial 'fad' has died down somewhat since its release but it still sells like hotcakes. I don't know where you are, but the Scarborough Morningside Walmart had 4 just two days ago.

OP: it helps if you say where you are.
Anyways I saw 6 on Thursday at the Guelph Zellers and saw 5 today at Wallyworld at Square One in 'sauga.

Wiis should be everywhere right now with the release of Mario Kart.

Yesterday I was at Best Buy and they had 28 Wiis left in the cage, with a large number of Mario Kart, and a few of the Wii Wheels.

My friend checked on Future Shop's website and it said they were in stock everywhere.. we went to the nearby future shop and everyone was like "huh?", then we went to another one that said it was in stock, and the store closed 2 weeks ago. So we went into the Zellers next door on a whim, and they said they had no wiis, but then said "Actually let me double-check under the counter" and there was one there. Crazy.

bread's done
Back