Wil Wheaton says the Watchmen movie is "f*cking awesome"

BigSpoonyBard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
93 (100%)
Click here to read the full post

Selected quotes:

"It's the best movie inspired by a graphic novel that I've ever seen."

"Watchmen is faithful to the book. It respects the book. I swear by the beard of Zeus, it feels like the book."

"But what I saw yesterday is truly remarkable: a big studio movie adaptation of one of the most — if not the most — important graphic novels of my lifetime that not only didn't fuck it up, but brought it to life brilliantly."

High praise from one of the patron saints of nerd-dom.

You Spoony Bard! (you must get that a lot)
I'll wait till there are some traditional critic reviews but I do look forward to this movie.

Never heard of Watchmen before I saw the preview before the dark knight. Instantly I knew I was going to see it and read the GN. Now that the fiance is gone, I'm gonna have to find a dork enough friend to drag to this with me.

[quote name='QiG']Never heard of Watchmen before I saw the preview before the dark knight. Instantly I knew I was going to see it and read the GN. Now that the fiance is gone, I'm gonna have to find a dork enough friend to drag to this with me.[/quote]

or go by yourself?

Looking at the trailer, a lot of the movie's scenes seem to be 99% identical to a lot of panels in the book. Where Rorschach jumps out the window in the trailer it's like the exact same angle and everything.

I actually didn't like the Watchmen book (yeah, sue me), but I want to check this movie out for sure, probably not at the theaters but I could see myself doing a blind Blu-Ray buy.

I swear by Montand's arm that I would take the word of Wil Wheaton over a traditional movie critic for this type of movie, err.... film.

bread's done
Back