Wild Arms 4 and Mega Man X Collection

Run4Fun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Both of these games came out today, but I can't seem to find any deals on them, not even in the weekly circulars. Has anybody seen any? I guess I could do the BB coupon thing, as it's mentioned in another X Collection thread...
At least WA4 is only $40 instead of $50.

Is Xbox never getting a MMX collection? :( I know the regular MMC took a lot longer to come out than the PS2 and GC versions, is this the case with the Xbox this time too? (Hopefully).

I called my local Best Buy and was told they'd be getting the X Collection on 1/12. Hope that's true for other CAGs, too!

*Sigh* It's a bummer if BB doesn't get WA4. I wouldn't mind seeing XSEED do OK on their first effort, but I don't know how much visibility they'll have if stores like BB don't have any copies at all...

I hope both MM Collections come to the 360, with Live scoreboards for speed runs. That'd add some serious replay value for me.

[quote name='slidecage']i got wild arms shipping from gamefly to try it out... Bad reviews keep me from going out and buying it outright[/QUOTE]

Yeah the reviews for this game sure do suck :roll:

[quote name='Run4Fun']*Sigh* It's a bummer if BB doesn't get WA4. I wouldn't mind seeing XSEED do OK on their first effort, but I don't know how much visibility they'll have if stores like BB don't have any copies at all...[/QUOTE]

Best Buy stopped getting niche games from companys awhile ago... I never expected them to pick up a niche RPG from an unknown publisher.

Megaman X Collection I expect them to get, despite it not being on their website.

[quote name='Msia']Yeah the reviews for this game sure do suck :roll:
[/QUOTE]

i really dont care what reviews say. a game could score 100% and i could still hate it... i read some bad reviews in Egm i think... I still would rather rent it first before putting down 40 to 50 for it

hell i still have both xenosagas and Dragon quest 8 i need to finsh

[quote name='Roufuss']Best Buy stopped getting niche games from companys awhile ago... I never expected them to pick up a niche RPG from an unknown publisher.

Megaman X Collection I expect them to get, despite it not being on their website.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I just want to clarify I dont know if this is YMMV but I called the Gainesville BB today they are scheduled to get Megaman X tonight/tomorrow so check around and see. I too thought they werent because their site doesnt havent it listed.

[quote name='slidecage']i really dont care what reviews say. a game could score 100% and i could still hate it... i read some bad reviews in Egm i think... I still would rather rent it first before putting down 40 to 50 for it

hell i still have both xenosagas and Dragon quest 8 i need to finsh[/QUOTE]

...............you just contradicted yourself there a little bit...

[quote name='Msia']Yeah I just want to clarify I dont know if this is YMMV but I called the Gainesville BB today they are scheduled to get Megaman X tonight/tomorrow so check around and see. I too thought they werent because their site doesnt havent it listed.[/QUOTE]

Well, I figured that even though their site didn't have it, this is a pretty high profile release from Capcom, and BB will probably stock a few out there.

Sad they aren't getting Wild Arms 4, but Megaman X Collection for $19.99 A/C is an awesome price, and the price it should have been from the beginning :D

Someone just posted Circuit City will have Wild Arms 4 next week for $29.99, so there you go, two awesome deals on both games.

[quote name='Msia']Yeah the reviews for this game sure do suck :roll:
[/QUOTE]

He said, linking to an RPG-specific site that typically gives thumbs up to any RPG, and not the OPM with its score of 1.5 / 5.

For me, at least, "the reviews" suggests aggregate scores, not a single one.

[quote name='eldad9']He said, linking to an RPG-specific site that typically gives thumbs up to any RPG, and not the OPM with its score of 1.5 / 5.

For me, at least, "the reviews" suggests aggregate scores, not a single one.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather believe a site where the people reviewing are fans of the genre, rather then OPM, who probably just slapped the game down on a random reviewer who probably dosen't have much interest at all in the genre.

I would like to say two things, first off I'm pretty sure BB is getting WA4 because I called about it today and the guy that answered was waiting for the game as well and wanted to purchase it. He said they were scheduled to get 17 in some time either today(didn't happen) or more than likely tomorrow.

Secondly this game rocks. I was a little worried after all the bad reviews but I still wanted to play it bad, I'm about 5 hours in from playing a lot today and I'm really enjoying the game.

[quote name='Roufuss']
Sad they aren't getting Wild Arms 4, but Megaman X Collection for $19.99 A/C is an awesome price, and the price it should have been from the beginning :D

Someone just posted Circuit City will have Wild Arms 4 next week for $29.99, so there you go, two awesome deals on both games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the price quotes, Roufuss. Time to whip out the Christmas gift cards.

And an update, if anyone cares, Best Buy is getting Wild Arms 4 since it's in next week's ad (full price, but use a coupon to make it $29.99).

If BB does pricematch for $29.99 can you still use the $10 coupon? Picking up wild arms 4 for $20 would be a great deal.

[quote name='work88']If BB does pricematch for $29.99 can you still use the $10 coupon? Picking up wild arms 4 for $20 would be a great deal.[/QUOTE]

mostly its one or the other .... unless you find a stupid worker.... i still plan on getting it though gamefly (should have it here Tuesday) if I like it i will just send it back and pick up up at BB for 30 using a PM

Jus wanted to say that I got both Mega Man X and the Castlevania Double Pack at the Gainesville BB. Used two coupons for both games. They were in the back though so I had to ask an employee to go check on them for me.

I can confirm that BB's are certainly carrying Wild Arms 4. After hearing some regular gamers talking about how much they like it (and not stuffy critics like the asses at OPM and 1Up), I might try it. Hell, I liked Wild Arms 2, for gods sake.

I can second that Best Buy is stocking Wild Arms 4. I picked it up yesterday and used the $10 off coupon to get if for $30. It is also available on bestbuy.com and you can check the B&M store availability on that site.

I also got Wild Arms 4 for $30 A/C at Best Buy this week. Once again, shitty magazine reviews don't affect my purchase and interest in the game. I'd say the game is more interesting the WA 2&3.

It's back in stock online at CC for $29.99, free shipping since it's over $25.

With tax for me the total was $32.46 (might as well do it online since it will cost the same or less as in store).

going over tomorrow and maybe picking it up for 19.99 (CC said sunday they would honor the coupon and they better : )

personally though Dont know if the game is even worth 20 bucks...

read over on few other boards the game is very short.. (20 hours) . if its that short I can just keep it for a week or two off gamefly and beat it and return it..

anyone know time wise on this game to beat

[quote name='daschrier']I'm 20 hours into WA4 and probably have 10 or so left. There's no way you could do it in 20...

It's a kick ass game, top 10 for me.[/QUOTE]

if they allow me to get it for 20 I might cave in just to keep the game Sealed.. personally i dont think the game is worth 30 or 40..... it might be if i didnt have any other games, BUT i got Dragon quest 8 (only played 10 hours into it) I been saying I get back to that game But never did..

last played Dec 2 : ( looks like it will just be another game that i never play. I still also have to beat the final Bonus Worlds on Disgaea

bread's done
Back