Wild Arms XF/Crossfire (Asian version) Play Asia deal of the week for $10.90!

SL4IN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
A new RPG set in the Wild Arms universe unfolds right in your very hands!

The once vibrant world of Filgaia is slowly dying, a result of some cataclysmic event lost in the dim, misty reaches of the past. The few pathetic remnants of once mighty nations are caught up in an endless cycle of war, fighting over Filgaia’s ever-dwindling natural resources. Amidst the carnage and slow decay, there is one kingdom that has until recently managed to avoid the chaos and suffering plaguing its neighbors; the kingdom of Elesius.

However, the kingdom is slowly descending into anarchy with the king inflicted with a mysterious illness that has kept him bed-ridden, intensifying the future uncertainty as the heir-apparent disappeared a year earlier and is presumed dead. An opportunistic senate has formed its own police force and is gradually usurping power from the royal family.

It is against this backdrop of political intrigue and social decay that the main character Clarissa Arwin, accompanied by her half-brother and protector, Felius, enter Elesius hot on the trail of Rupert Dandridge, the man who murdered her mother. What started out as a personal vendetta soon turns into an epic battle to not only keep a kingdom from falling, but to save the world of Filgaia from being turned into an uninhabitable wasteland.

pa_96589_7.jpg

pa_96589_6.jpg

pa_96589_5.jpg

pa_96589_4.jpg

pa_96589_2.jpg

pa_96589_3.jpg

Linky: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bl-49-en-70-22j1.html

edit: Asian version

[quote name='LiK']is this asian version in english?[/quote]

Your basic stats and numbers are in english (STR and such), but the rest is all japanese from what I've read around on other sites (and as the screenshots show). Though it should probably also be noted that a week or so ago that X-Seed announced that they're localizing it and expect it to release Spring of 08 or something around that time.

[quote name='Draekon']Your basic stats and numbers are in english (STR and such), but the rest is all japanese from what I've read around on other sites (and as the screenshots show). Though it should probably also be noted that a week or so ago that X-Seed announced that they're localizing it and expect it to release Spring of 08 or something around that time.[/quote]

yea, i read about the US version that's coming. this is a great price but if it's in Japanese, i'll have to pass. oh well, looks good in the screenshots

[quote name='zephie']That box art is sweet! I wonder how badly Xseed will screw it up for the NA release.[/quote]

Hopefully they are smart enough to use the same box art!

[quote name='Ryukahn']Hopefully they are smart enough to use the same box art![/quote]

I take then that you have not seen the Wild Arms 5 packaging.

[quote name='zephie']I take then that you have not seen the Wild Arms 5 packaging.[/quote]

Sure haven't. Never played a Wild Arms game before, but saw this was a Strat-RPG (which I can't get enough of) so I became interested.

[quote name='zephie']That box art is sweet! I wonder how badly Xseed will screw it up for the NA release.[/QUOTE]
Well, if you are just going to stare at your copy, then I guess it matters what the boxart looks like. I, for one, will be playing the game, so I'm just thankful that XSeed is even publishing it here. We all know how much attention Sony would give this series if XSeed didn't exist. That's right, NONE.

[quote name='mxpowar']Well, if you are just going to stare at your copy, then I guess it matters what the boxart looks like. I, for one, will be playing the game, so I'm just thankful that XSeed is even publishing it here. We all know how much attention Sony would give this series if XSeed didn't exist. That's right, NONE.[/quote]

I never said I wasn't grateful for Xseed, and I never said I wasn't going to play this game. I guess my comment did make me sound like a hater, though. It's just that there was a bit of an uproar when the WA5 cover was announced, and my comment was a reference to that.

[quote name='zephie'] It's just that there was a bit of an uproar when the WA5 cover was announced, and my comment was a reference to that.[/quote]

There was? I think the WA5 box looks great.

I'm going to pass on this even with the great price. The bare bones of srpg I might understand by trial and error. I doubt I can understand the advance or unique stuff like skill or job allocation.

[quote name='canedaddy']There was? I think the WA5 box looks great.[/quote]

There was; a number of fans emailed with complainants, and Xseed offered to take submissions from the fan community. They still went with the art they originally proposed for the outer box, but apparantly the case for the game dvd was modified after reviewing the submissions. Xseed also decided to throw in an artbook to appease the fans. I thought that the dvd case cover was superb, but the outer box art was very drab, and had omitted one of the characters for the sake of balance.

bread's done
Back