Will digital downloads be on XBOX One?

HeSaveDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Hey guys, I was wondering, will the games I've bought on the XBOX marketplace be available to download and play on the XBOX One? My XBOX 360 just red-ringed so I was thinking of just buying an XBOX One instead of another XBOX 360.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually found those articles using Google before I posted. However, since Microsoft has been reversing course so much on things I was hoping this had changed. The latest article I could find was that they were "looking for ways" to get XBLA games on the One.

It's not like it's a policy decision that they can just change their mind about and it'll work. The issue is whether or not they can get Xbox 360 emulator software running on the One. Maybe someday they will, but it's not a sure thing, and they certainly won't have something ready anytime soon.

The way I think of it is that Microsoft isn't discontinuing the 360. That way they can continue to rack up sales for the 360 even after the ONE has been released. So instead of people buying 1 console for both like Nintendo's WiiU; they make people buy both which is a pretty dirty move IMO.

The way I think of it is that Microsoft isn't discontinuing the 360. That way they can continue to rack up sales for the 360 even after the ONE has been released. So instead of people buying 1 console for both like Nintendo's WiiU; they make people buy both which is a pretty dirty move IMO.
Again, creating Xbox 360 emulator software that will run on the new console is not a trivial engineering problem. It's not a switch they can just flip based on a marketing decision.

Look at the PS3, they had to include actual PS2 hardware on board for PS2 backward compatibility, it cost a ton and it was the first thing they stripped out when they needed to get the price of the system under control.

I bet they will... like a year or two after everyone settles down with the changes to X1. They will give us the good stuff.

If they do get a Gaikai service they better honor XBGoD purchases, but I have a feeling they will weasel their ways out of it.

I'm wondering what SOny's stance with the PS4 will be with people who bought digial versions of PS3 games when it comes to Gaikai

bread's done
Back