will final fantasy anthology (ps1)work on a ps2?

LaraCroftsLeftBoob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
55 (100%)
i thought i remember reading that there was a ps1 ff that wouldn't work on ps2. is anthology that one? or does anyone have the list of incompatible games? i was thinking about getting ff anthology since it was on sale at bb, but i don't have my ps1 anymore in case it won't work on my ps2.

I think it was Final Fantasy Tactics, but I think whatever made them not play was only on the launch PS2's and was fixed in the later versions.

Then again, I could be recalling something that never actually happened.

For FF Anthology you might notice some problems when you go into the menu screen with a PS2. In FF5 sometimes the menu dissappears or gets garbled up. IN 6 a similar thing happens where all of the text vanishes. This problem doesn't occur all of the time,, but if it does all you need to do is open and reopen the menu. The games are unplayable on a PS2, but you have to put up with graphical glitches.

[quote name='Scorch']I think it was Final Fantasy Tactics, but I think whatever made them not play was only on the launch PS2's and was fixed in the later versions.

Then again, I could be recalling something that never actually happened.[/QUOTE]

You're thinking of the FF Tactics problem from a few years ago. The problem was that early GH versions of FF Tactics would not play on PSOne systems (the small white PlayStations).

Anthologies gives you some trouble when you try to save your game. The save screen all the sudden goes bonkers. You have to exit out and keep trying it until it works.

bread's done
Back