Will gamestop accept an 360 with no warranty sticker?

No, like most other systems, it's on there to show if the system has been tampered with. GS doesn't take systems w/o warranty stickers to avoid getting back someone's half-assed mod attempt.

i'm not sure about you guys but i have never seen them take off the faceplate to check and see if there is a warranty sticker on there

I guess it's basically a hit or a miss. I believe it's against their policy to take in a system that has the warranty sticker removed, but then some employee's don't check to see if it's been tampered with. They only check if the system is in working condition.

I once tried to trade in a Gamecube with the serial number sticker only mildly scratched- 1 number was unreadable- and they turned it down on the spot. No serial numbe,r no tamper-proof sticker, they won't take it.

Best they would do would take it in as a "broken console", which I'm not sure if they're doing anymore. When I did it with an Xbox that MS said was "tampered with" when I sent it in for repair when it was sent to them unopened and sealed :roll: , EB took it in as a "broken console", which was $20 or so.

I don't know if that's the case any longer, though best case, it wouldn't be much.

yes they will take it. but will barely give you any money. sold them my stickerless ps2 awhile back and got like $10 luckily it was broken

[quote name='tangytangerine']No, like most other systems, it's on there to show if the system has been tampered with. GS doesn't take systems w/o warranty stickers to avoid getting back someone's half-assed mod attempt.[/QUOTE]

Well I bought a "refurbished" xbox 360 from Gamestop a year or more ago and there was no warranty sticker on it. When it got the RROD I ended up selling it on Ebay.

bread's done
Back