Will Gamestop Exchange a brand new PS3 game for the Xbox 360 version?

SpockBlocker

CAGiversary!
I received Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition for my birthday, for the PS3. I want the game for Xbox 360 instead. My copy is still sealed and brand new. Would gamestop exchange my ps3 copy for a 360 copy?

No receipt or anything...

If your salesmen is nice enough then they will. But don't expect your kind of new sealed copy. Your most likely get a gutted gamestop version of "new" if they are nice enough

[quote name='Dayveed']Just trade it in at Best Buy without a receipt and they'll do the swap no problem.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? They won't only exchange it for another PS3 version?

[quote name='Dayveed']Just trade it in at Best Buy without a receipt and they'll do the swap no problem.[/QUOTE]

YMMV on any store. It's more likely to happen during the holiday season.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']If your salesmen is nice enough then they will. But don't expect your kind of new sealed copy. Your most likely get a gutted gamestop version of "new" if they are nice enough[/QUOTE]

Why does everyone think that gamestop guts all of their stock? I rarely receive a gutted game when I shop there. Only when they are down to their last one do they sell the gutted one. The post about best buy is probably the best advice OP.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']No receipt or anything...[/QUOTE]

Poor judgment by the gift giver. You pretty much should always give a gift receipt nowadays if the gift is a CPG.

[quote name='ceck3969']Why does everyone think that gamestop guts all of their stock? I rarely receive a gutted game when I shop there. Only when they are down to their last one do they sell the gutted one. The post about best buy is probably the best advice OP.[/QUOTE]

Because he's a troll.

[quote name='ceck3969']Why does everyone think that gamestop guts all of their stock? I rarely receive a gutted game when I shop there. Only when they are down to their last one do they sell the gutted one. The post about best buy is probably the best advice OP.[/QUOTE]

umm you haven't been to my local gamestops. Their entire stock is gutted!! The only exceptions are brand new releases that are displayed behind the counter and they are not that many. A old game like fallout 3 will definitely be gutted. That's just my experice with gamestop

[quote name='supermodestmouse']try walmart. they'll give you a gift receipt on 2 items a year with no receipt. have a Driver's license ready though.[/QUOTE]

Is it possible to take it to Walmart and exchange it or get credit even if it wasn't bought at a walmart? I know Walmarts carry Fallout 3 GOTY, but I'm not sure if they would exchange if the game was purchased at a different store.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Is it possible to take it to Walmart and exchange it or get credit even if it wasn't bought at a walmart? I know Walmarts carry Fallout 3 GOTY, but I'm not sure if they would exchange if the game was purchased at a different store.[/QUOTE]

How would they know? I hate to say it, but I have returned items before to walmart that were purchased... lets just say elsewhere.

I've had no problem bringing unopened games to Best Buy and getting store credit without a receipt. Target is about the only place I know of that won't do this....they require a receipt above $40 or so.

I guess I'll give it a try at walmart. I'm hesitant because I think when they scan the barcode, they'll see it wasn't bought from walmart. Already called 2 gamestops, no go on exchange.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I guess I'll give it a try at walmart. I'm hesitant because I think when they scan the barcode, they'll see it wasn't bought from walmart. Already called 2 gamestops, no go on exchange.[/QUOTE]

All barcodes are the same, I think.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I received Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition for my birthday, for the PS3. I want the game for Xbox 360 instead. My copy is still sealed and brand new. Would gamestop exchange my ps3 copy for a 360 copy?

No receipt or anything...[/QUOTE]

They're usually tremendous D-Bag high school kids that think big brother is watching. I had a buddy that worked there for over 17 years that used to do it for me all the time.

Good luck with that, your better off trying Best Buy.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I thought different stores had different barcodes saved into their systems...[/QUOTE]

No, unless it's a store specific reason (such as Shaun White's Snowboarding Target Limited Edition), but those are very rare.

Your best bet if you get refused by all stores is either trading it on here or selling it off somewhere and then using that money towards the PS3 version (or waiting for that to drop in price after you sell this one off).

This is not true...

When I went to Bestbuy (just after the holidays when their return policy was a bit more laid back)...

I tried to return Fallout 3: GOTY for Xbox360 without a receipt so that I could get Fallout: GOTY for PS3... Bestbuy said that they cannot and will not do a straight trade and offered me their lowest advertised price without a receipt which would've resulted in me having to pay another $20 for the PS3 edition...
I declined their "offer" & left...

Now if you try to return a game to BB without a receipt... They are quite likely to outright refuse the return (as they have with me at SoCal locations.)

I still have my unopened copy of Fallout 3: GOTY for XBOX 360 & I would love to trade for an unopened PS3 copy of Fallout 3: GOTY.

:)

[quote name='BlackFlagRevolt']This is not true...

When I went to Bestbuy (just after the holidays when their return policy was a bit more laid back)...

I tried to return Fallout 3: GOTY for Xbox360 without a receipt so that I could get Fallout: GOTY for PS3... Bestbuy said that they cannot and will not do a straight trade and offered me their lowest advertised price without a receipt which would've resulted in me having to pay another $20 for the PS3 edition...
I declined their "offer" & left...

Now if you try to return a game to BB without a receipt... They are quite likely to outright refuse the return (as they have with me at SoCal locations.)

I still have my unopened copy of Fallout 3: GOTY for XBOX 360 & I would love to trade for an unopened PS3 copy of Fallout 3: GOTY.

:)[/QUOTE]

Did you directly ask for a trade? Just ask for a gift card for the return and then grab what you want off the shelf and buy it. NEVER ask a store to "trade", at least in my experience.

[quote name='k4lm4n']Did you directly ask for a trade? Just ask for a gift card for the return and then grab what you want off the shelf and buy it. NEVER ask a store to "trade", at least in my experience.[/QUOTE]

I had originally asked for an exchange & I was told that the product would have to be returned and I would receive the lowest advertised price as credit.

Having tried again (different BB) 1 month ago, I was informed that BestBuy would not do any return (for credit or anything) for my game without a receipt.

Gotta love SoCal BBs...

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I received Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition for my birthday, for the PS3. I want the game for Xbox 360 instead. My copy is still sealed and brand new.

No receipt or anything...[/QUOTE]

I had this same exact situation, same game sealed, traded at walmart. Walmart didn't give me any trouble. I just explained to them, that someone had given me :ps3:Fallout GOTY for my birthday. I told them I don't own a Ps3 and wanted it for the 360. The person I recieved it from lives in a different state and I didn't want to wait for receipt to be mailed. They scanned it and it worked just fine. So the UPC code isn't something to worry about, you just have to hope you get a decent store associate.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']umm you haven't been to my local gamestops. Their entire stock is gutted!! The only exceptions are brand new releases that are displayed behind the counter and they are not that many. A old game like fallout 3 will definitely be gutted. That's just my experice with gamestop[/QUOTE]

I just found out that GS here started gutting their entire stock, too. I asked for a new copy of LBP GOTY today. The guy reached into the cabinet behind him and pulled out a copy. The shrink wrap was simply ripped off and a clear sticker put over the right side of the case. Very odd and pointless, IMO.

tried it once and they offered me trade in used price and asked me to pay the difference... i declined and they said they cannot void a trade/swap for same title.
i really hate gs sometimes... ended up having to loose $$ on a brand new game for a used/open copy of same game for different system

I went to Walmart. Told the lady I got this game as a gift, but for the wrong system, and asked to exchange. She touched around it, asked me if I opened it. No, it was sealed. She talked to the manager, the manager said okay, so I went to the back and asked the electronics worker to get Fallout 3 GOTY out of the case and walk it up to customer service.

Got the exchange easy, only problem was waiting in line behind all the rednecks and ghettos in booty shorts cashing their checks at walmart and not at a bank like a normal person.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I went to Walmart. Told the lady I got this game as a gift, but for the wrong system, and asked to exchange. She touched around it, asked me if I opened it. No, it was sealed. She talked to the manager, the manager said okay, so I went to the back and asked the electronics worker to get Fallout 3 GOTY out of the case and walk it up to customer service.

Got the exchange easy, only problem was waiting in line behind all the rednecks and ghettos in booty shorts cashing their checks at walmart and not at a bank like a normal person.[/QUOTE]

Glad it ended up working out for you. Enjoy!

bread's done
Back