Will GTA:SA have pimping or stuff like that?

CrimsonGeist

CAGiversary!
I've got GTA3 and GTA:ViceCity. My parents have no problem letting me play M rated games unless they see it is really affecting my beliefs, or have been acting irresponsible. But they're a bit skeptical on GTA:SA. They said that they would let me buy it if it didn't include anything like pimping, or any bad content that I haven't seen in a past GTA. Any of you CAGs know if the game will include pimping or anything too bad? Gambling, and robbing houses do not count. I don't think they know about the robbing houses part.

[quote name='Rozz']Killing someone is alright. But seeing some nudity? What kind of sicko would want that?[/quote]
I was going to say the same thing. Our society has no problem with people killing each other, but boobs are bad!! Pretty messed up.

Pimping includes having to choke prostitutes, or missions where you have to get back at some prostitutes for not paying back. And most games have you killing people. I'd say at least 90 percent. Maybe not always killing people, but it doesn't matter. I've already been exposed to a lot of violence but not to too much nudity that my parents are aware of.

[quote name='CrimsonGeist']Pimping includes having to choke prostitutes, or missions where you have to get back at some prostitutes for not paying back. And most games have you killing people. I'd say at least 90 percent. Maybe not always killing people, but it doesn't matter. I've already been exposed to a lot of violence but not to too much nudity that my parents are aware of.[/quote]
So violence is ok because you've been exposed to a lot of it?

No but if they cut off me playing games with violence, they'd have to cut off movies, and shows with violence too. And I know they wont do that. I didn't want this to turn into an argument on why its no ok to play games with violence or why is nudity worse than violence. I put in a simple question, and nobody could even answer that. :roll: I agree with you that people thinking nudity is worse than violence is shaq-fued up, but the thing is my parents won't let me play the game until I atleast meet the age recommended by ESRB rating. They'll let me play games with very, very brief nudity in it, like the first mission of the studio in GTA:ViceCity. They'll let me watch it if it's is used as an artform, but not if it is used to express violence or other negative content. Thanks for posting anyway. I'll just leave this post up for tomorrow when people have the game. Please no goddamn pimping..... [-o

[quote name='CrimsonGeist']No but if they cut off me playing games with violence, they'd have to cut off movies, and shows with violence too. And I know they wont do that.[/quote]
That's just my point. I understand you're probably mature enough to handle pretty much anything. I was just commenting on how violence is more widely accepted than sex.

I don't know the answer to your question, but it did get a 9.9 at IGN :lol:

The GTA games have always been made in a way that you can make the attempt to be as decent a badguy as possible. That's why there are no children in any of the games and all the sex is consentual. The only direct violance towards women is usually only whatever you yourself do.

Most of the missions have always been direct cause/response type things so at worse you may be told to whack someone moving in on your territory so in some twisted way it's kind of like vigilantee justice.

But I'd say wait for the reviews, if something that drasitc is in the game some reviewer is bound to mention it as a departure from the normal experience.

[quote name='Bann'][quote name='Rozz']Killing someone is alright. But seeing some nudity? What kind of sicko would want that?[/quote]
I was going to say the same thing. Our society has no problem with people killing each other, but boobs are bad!! Pretty messed up.[/quote]

Actually violence is also reigned in, esp on TV or in movies. Take Farenheit 911 for example, it received an R rating. The message is that it's bad to see war and killing before you're 18, but AS SOON as you turn 18 it's "hey lets run some slick commercials and free videogames so little johnny will want to pick up a gun, go to Iraq, and kill some arabs to avenge my daddy"

[quote name='Scrubking']This game is full of F-bombs and N-bombs and yes there are pimping missions.[/quote]

Yeah didn't both of the last games have some sort of pimping stuff as well. I remember being able to pick them up at last 2 games

OP, if your parents didn't have a problem with you being able to pick up a hooker in GTA3/Vice City, what is the problem with being a pimp?

[quote name='XboxMaster']Uh, if there is, how're they gonna know? Seriously, do they watch you play your video games?[/quote]

Yes I second that notion, simply lie.

Also its funny to think that parents (not yours, but in general) think its ok that we can beat someone to death in a videogame. But pimping in a videogame? AWE HELL NAW

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']There are R3 pimping missions but I'm not sure how they work yet.[/quote]

I found one of these earlier. It showed where the girl was, but I couldn't get to her (I think she was on the bridge above me).

Yeah, if your main concern is "pimping".. your parents have much more to worry about. As was said above, the game is littered with F-Bombs and N-Words (I figured that they were testing the public by throwing in F-Bombs occasionally in Manhunt and Max Payne 2). Regarding content, it's exactly like the last two.. double dose. More violence, more sex/prostitutes, more cursing..

My parents don't know you could pick up prostitutes in the original game. I've tried it once or twice, but just to get the life boost. Prostitutes seemed to be very minor in the previous games. Pimping I mean like having to choke prostitutes for levels, a lot of nudity, of that sort.

My parents don't know you could pick up prostitutes in the original game. I've tried it once or twice, but just to get the life boost. Prostitutes seemed to be very minor in the previous games. Pimping I mean like having to choke prostitutes for levels, a lot of nudity, of that sort.

bread's done
Back