Will Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga be worth buying?

Swingman

CAGiversary!
I'm a big star wars fan but never played any of the other lego games.

looks like it could be fun and funny at the same time.

[quote name='Swingman']I'm a big star wars fan but never played any of the other lego games.[/quote]Meaning you have played the LEGO Star Wars game(s)? If not, yeah, pick up Saga. Totally worth it. I'd buy it myself, but I already have both previous games. The bonus content isn't enough to make me spend more for Saga...although I think about it quite a bit...

I haven't played the previous games. Not sure if it came out for xbox but the ds port looked pretty bad.

[quote name='Scrubking']Yes... when it drops to $20

$50 for a port is crazy.[/QUOTE]

At least it is a port of 2 games + bonus content. Don't know if it is worth $50, but you at least get both Lego Star Wars games.

As for the OP, I really enjoyed the first Lego Star Wars on the Xbox. I haven't played the 2nd game. My wife really liked it as well, especially the fact that you can just jump in and out of co-op. She would play for a level or two and then could stop while i was still playing without me having to start over.

Definitely worth at least a rental, especiallly if you are a Star Wars fan.

If you've never played a LEGO game then it's definitely worth it - LSWII was great and well worth the money I spent on it but now that I've played that I don't EVER need to buy another one of those games again.

I sold both of the Cube games (played about a third of the first) to get it - but I'm not paying more for it than I sold those for (so around $20-$30). They're fun and very accessible.

I played both games on PS2. They were great, though the second was much better than the first. I would get this if I didn't already play it for another system. I just hope they cleared up some of the problems and bugs in the original games- I had to restart missions because I was completely stuck due to bugs.

I read where they improved the graphics of the older one. Hopefully they took the time to fix the bugs. unfortunately reviews don't usually cover bugs that don't pop up in the first couple hours.

Loved them both. The first was better though. The second was a collect-a-thon nightmare.

I'm looking forward to picking this one up.

360 version for me. The achievements will provide more replay value than waggle.

The bonus content isn't enough to make me spend more for Saga...although I think about it quite a bit...

The sad thing is, a lot of 'true' Star Wars fans* feel like a couple extra levels and some additional 'free play' characters are enough content. Keep encouraging The Flanneled One, guys!

Coming May 2011...Star Wars: Episode VII--Jar Jar's Fireside Stories: The Tapdancin' CG Musical! (With special guest appearance by a by-then very desperate Hayden Christensen and a washed-up Mike Myers doing a fellow Gungan with green skin and an incongruent Scottish accent.)

Oh...the game. Well, yeah, if you like Star Wars even a little, like having fun and de-stressing at the same time, and haven't played the first two games...GET IT. The 360 version is ideal, as Achievement-chasing can add quite a bit of replay value on top of what's already a great deal (for the uninitiated).

Me, I'm waiting for Lego Indiana Jones...trust me.

*--The kind Triumph would have a field day with, in other words.

Wonder why they couldn't put achievement system on the wii version. It doesn't seem like something that would take the power of the x360 to do.

From what I remember pre-Wii launch, I don't think Nintendo (as represented by The Regginator) thinks they're a particularly big deal, and both Nintendo and Sony are tasked with 'ripping' the concept without copying it, if that's what they'd want to do.

They've got some Achievement-like features in Metroid Prime: Corruption, and you can be sure that Brawl will have 'incentives' to keep replaying into Infinity, but I wouldn't count on a unified tally of various in-game accomplishments this generation.

Nintendonut-provided correction, with link and/or quote in 10...9...8....

I think it is worth buying if you have not played the other two games. I rented them, and liked them. I am going to buy this one for sure.

It's fifty bucks for TWO games.

It's definitely worth the money since you are getting two games. When LSWII was released on 360 I was disappointed that some people would miss out on LSWI, but this package fixes that. Both games are really fun and it's a great family game.

I'm not sure I'd drop $50 on it, $40 it'd be easy. $50 not so much. But then again there are few games I would drop that much on. I'm sure there will be a deal on it at some point.

they are fantastic for co-op, and great for families. but if the online co-op isnt sny good, give it a miss

PS the wii version doesnt have any online, and since you posted the thread in the wii forum, you might have to leave this one

no one has talked about the Saber controls via swinging the Wii-mote.

I was thinking of getting the 360 version but the Wii's interactivity makes this a great interactive game.

[quote name='ITDEFX']no one has talked about the Saber controls via swinging the Wii-mote.

I was thinking of getting the 360 version but the Wii's interactivity makes this a great interactive game.[/quote]
Isn't it just waggle though? Like in Twilight princess? Either way, still sounds fun.

it's ridiculous that they took out online for the wii version. why do game developers keep neutering the wii version? I can understand toning down graphics due to system power but taking away online?

if it has split-screen multiplayer then it might still be worth getting but I hate how developers always short change thie wii compared to the other versions.

Yea can I get a definitive response that the Wii version does indeed have co-op play (not the online version)? Haven't played either one of the older games and I'm thinking of picking this up for me and my girlfriend with the B2G1 deal coming up here shortly.

after playing it for a bit, I kinda feel let down. The whole wii waggle thing to get the saber to swing feels tacky. I wasn't expecting full jedi swings here, but it feels like like I am putting a lot of energy into it... Maybe i should have bought the 360 version and played with some random person :|

oh well.

[quote name='ITDEFX']after playing it for a bit, I kinda feel let down. The whole wii waggle thing to get the saber to swing feels tacky. I wasn't expecting full jedi swings here, but it feels like like I am putting a lot of energy into it... Maybe i should have bought the 360 version and played with some random person :|

oh well.[/quote]

I'm buying a wiimote and nunchuck just for the co-op. if it had online, I woulda saved money. f**k

[quote name='jollydwarf']The bonus content isn't enough to make me spend more for Saga...although I think about it quite a bit...

The sad thing is, a lot of 'true' Star Wars fans* feel like a couple extra levels and some additional 'free play' characters are enough content. Keep encouraging The Flanneled One, guys!

Coming May 2011...Star Wars: Episode VII--Jar Jar's Fireside Stories: The Tapdancin' CG Musical! (With special guest appearance by a by-then very desperate Hayden Christensen and a washed-up Mike Myers doing a fellow Gungan with green skin and an incongruent Scottish accent.)

Oh...the game. Well, yeah, if you like Star Wars even a little, like having fun and de-stressing at the same time, and haven't played the first two games...GET IT. The 360 version is ideal, as Achievement-chasing can add quite a bit of replay value on top of what's already a great deal (for the uninitiated).

Me, I'm waiting for Lego Indiana Jones...trust me.

*--The kind Triumph would have a field day with, in other words.[/quote]

Why is it that everything that has to do with the Star Wars Universe is a huge Lucas-led money making conspiracy?

[quote name='Ronin317']Why is it that everything that has to do with the Star Wars Universe is a huge Lucas-led money making conspiracy?[/QUOTE]

Ummmm............because it IS ?

I'm very surprised the 6 volume complete sextology wasn't released for this holiday season - complete with limited edition Jar-Jar figure and collector's coin.

The Wii, like the gamecube, won't get ALL of the games. Many will only be made for 360 or PS3. The Wii is cool with its motion control and works great for some games, but it makes it too hard on developers. To maximize profits, I wouldn't develop on all 3 platforms either. Sorry Wii owners.

Well, at least they are making the Lego Star Wars game for the Wii. Cutting out on-line play was probably just due to time or costs. You will see this happen on other games too. The Wii will end up being the red-headed stepchild like the Gamecube was.

I was one of the fools that bought the GC for my kids since it had more kid games. The truth was that most of them were Japanese crap games and not the ones they really wanted to play. I should have been smarter and bought the PS2. This time, I didn't make the mistake of getting the Wii. Now, if I had more money, then I would get the Wii AND 360. Now that's the best option.

I've never played any of these games, but have heard great things about it. For $50 though for ports? Eh, I don't know.

bread's done
Back