Will Suikoden IV become as rare as Suikoden III?

[quote name='Weedy649']suikoden 3 is rare?[/quote]

Maybe sealed?

I can't speak for other areas of the country but around where I live I routinely see these used in stores.

Suikoden 3 is not rare, it was at first until they did a 2nd publishing. I doubt 4 will become rare either, however like 3 it might hold it's value around 25 for a while.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Suikoden 3 is not rare, it was at first until they did a 2nd publishing. I doubt 4 will become rare either, however like 3 it might hold it's value around 25 for a while.[/quote]

I have no problem selling them for 35 shipped. 12 hours and they are gone.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='zionoverfire']Suikoden 3 is not rare, it was at first until they did a 2nd publishing. I doubt 4 will become rare either, however like 3 it might hold it's value around 25 for a while.[/quote]

I have no problem selling them for 35 shipped. 12 hours and they are gone.[/quote]

Yes, but the sequel just got released. Demand is spiking right now.
Give it another 6 months, and you'll see demand DRASTICALLY fall.
It's happened with every other game in the series, so for it to be happening right now isn't really all that shocking.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='zionoverfire']Suikoden 3 is not rare, it was at first until they did a 2nd publishing. I doubt 4 will become rare either, however like 3 it might hold it's value around 25 for a while.[/quote]

I have no problem selling them for 35 shipped. 12 hours and they are gone.[/quote]

I thought those were sealed copies?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout'][quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Nice 6th post dude![/quote]

nice 155th post man[/quote]

great 1,470th post guy[/quote]

Spectacular...oh, forget it.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='masha'][quote name='zionoverfire']Suikoden 3 is not rare, it was at first until they did a 2nd publishing. I doubt 4 will become rare either, however like 3 it might hold it's value around 25 for a while.[/quote]

I thought those were sealed copies?[/quote]

All used. I think I had 5. I was looking for sealed copy for some time and I found it along with Kingdom Hearts (Not GH) at the last 70% Kmart sale. I kept one used to play one day :rofl: and moved 5 to ebay for $35 BIN.
One of them:

:arrow: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8167487158&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT

[quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Nice 6th post dude![/quote]

nice 155th post man[/quote]

You really think so? I wasn't even trying! Thanks!

[quote name='Sirmackerel']I was a bit surprised when I found out that Suikoden III is actually a bit rare now... will the same thing happen to Suikoden IV?[/quote]

It will.

+counting Artbooks+ :twisted:

No, it won't be.
If another game comes out in the series, there will be demand spikes, but then you'll often see some of the games flow back into the supply available because people will realize that none of them will end up in the position 2 is.
As soon as the speculators give up on trying to get a quick buck, you'll see the prices drop and then normalize.

[quote name='JSweeney']No, it won't be.
If another game comes out in the series, there will be demand spikes, but then you'll often see some of the games flow back into the supply available because people will realize that none of them will end up in the position 2 is.
As soon as the speculators give up on trying to get a quick buck, you'll see the prices drop and then normalize.[/quote]

I don't think they'll press a second print. There is no demand for it. I can be wrong. We'll see.

No, it won't because they made too many in the first place. That's why there will be very few "rare" PS2 games - they just make too many of them.

They made 40K of artbooks just for PREORDERS. THink about it.

Dave

[quote name='phantomer']even if suikoden4 becomes rare, it got too many negative reviews to be worth anything in the next 5 years imo[/quote]

You know, you'd think that would be the case. I'm surprised it's not. There are several RPGs that got mediocre reviews that fetch fair prices on eBay. Examples (average review score, rough eBay price): Rhapsody (69%, $70), Brigandine (66%, $35), Hoshigami (69%, $30). Granted, the prices for Brigandine and Hoshigami aren't quite as extreme as those for Rhapsody or Suikoden II, but they're worth mentioning. It's odd that people pay so much for "rare" RPGs even though they are not critically well-received.

Its hard to say, I know 2 had I guess, a smaller run... But a good bit after its release, I remember seeing it sit and get discounted everywhere.

Ive seen 3 a lot less, but I know its still pretty easy to find.

And iirc the saves from 3 do not carry over to 4, like the pervious games in the series. So demand may be high, but I dont see it going much higher than retail in mint condition.

And thats comparision that I make for value/rarity. If a game was 50 when it came out, and a few years later its rare and still 50.. If I purchase it, I dont figure im really at a loss.

Being a Cag'r waiting for discounts, etc is a way of life. But I know I wont be able to find everything for 5 dollars at circuit city :)

Even though I have part 1-3, I would really like to see a collectiion of them released...even if it lowered the value. imo one of the best rpg series since the snes square days. Not including 4, since Im waiting for a price drop :p

[quote name='opportunity777']These topics are really lame.[/quote]

Agreed. It seems like all we have lately is "Will ________ game become rare/valuable?" Like any of us can predict the future.

Too many people know about Suikoden 4 and are buying it. It won't be rare, not even as rare as 3. Videogames are getting too mainstream that most games, even when they are very good (like Suikoden 3, Ring of Red, Ikaruga), the fact that many it is out there makes it lose its value.

If I had to put my money on it, I would say that this quirky game may actually become very priceless and have alot of collection value in the future:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/450719.asp

I actually have it!

[quote name='nintendokid']Too many people know about Suikoden 4 and are buying it. It won't be rare, not even as rare as 3. Videogames are getting too mainstream that most games, even when they are very good (like Suikoden 3, Ring of Red, Ikaruga), the fact that many it is out there makes it lose its value.

If I had to put my money on it, I would say that this quirky game may actually become very priceless and have alot of collection value in the future:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/450719.asp

I actually have it![/quote]

damn you're the second person that mentioned this game, I finally went ahead and bought it. I always saw it at this one videogame store and I never bought it, it looked interesting but for one reason or another I held off. Finally it is mine, sealed too no less, for under 15$

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I don't think that Suikoden 3 is really rere. Maybe difficult to find but definitely not rare.[/quote]

Agreed, especially in comparison to Suiko 2. Then again, due to the games low review scores and lack continuation from the older games like the others in the series, demand will likely not be nearly as high. It'd be really nice if Konami would re-release Suiko 1 and 2 on a compilation, since demand for them now exceeds that of when they were released. More people need to see that Squaresoft isn't the only company that can make a good RPG.

bread's done
Back