Will the 20GB PS3 be worth something someday?

RESmonkey

CAGiversary!
I mean, like 3-4 years from now, since the 20GB was only sold in a few amounts and has backwards compat. @ the hardware level, shouldn't it be a good console to have?

Anyways, I'm proud of my 20GB :)

I've always thought the 20GB was a good deal compared to the 60GB, plus it has the full backwards compatibility like you mentioned. If you're talking about speculating though, I wouldn't bother.

I personally think it's the 2nd best PS3 console (after the 60GB) and the best value. But I don't think most people think higher of it than the 80GB and they are continuing to produce those so its value will probably always be lower than that of the 80GB.

Well I sure as hell wish it was the one I bought (I'd like a faster drive in mine but cannot afford to upgrade). Realistically, unless you have a sealed system or collector's edition of some kind I don't think it will be worth anything more than retail. Systems have a bad habit of depreciating in value pretty quickly.

sonys biggest rip-off at launch was that the bump between systems was only 40GB...if the 60GB was 80 or more it would've destroyed the 20GB....i still love my 60GB but value wise they could've went higher with a larger HDD than that between the $100 bump

that said, built in card slots and WiFi makes it a better choice anyways (wifi was the biggest), add in an extra 40GB on top of the 20GB and i knew right away which one i was buying at launch

and if you mean as in a collector's sense...doubt it, i think this will be the big system trend (multiple SKU's)...until there is just one platform period (which is a ways off still) and they really aren't that rare

besides most systems aren't much collectors wise anyways unless they are sealed or in pristine condition (and even then they still aren't worth much), its not like games or other collectible stuff where they might end up worth more than they cost

will it increase in value? i doubt it. will it hold steady where its at right now, i think so as long as sony continues this limited/no bc business.

[quote name='Ace Harding: Private Eye']I think the 60 and 20 gig models will maintain their value better than the 40 and 80 gig models. They won't necessarily go up in value, but they'll be the last to plummet.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I think the 20 and 60 will be the 2 systems in the highest demand on the secondary market.

bread's done
Back