Will there be trophies for saints row 2 & valkyria chronicles?

If you only want to play through Valkyryia Chronicles because of trophies, you have problems. Why? Because it is awesome, and giving such a trivial reason not to play/buy it is shameful.

[quote name='KingBroly']If you only want to play through Valkyryia Chronicles because of trophies, you have problems. Why? Because it is awesome, and giving such a trivial reason not to play/buy it is shameful.[/QUOTE]

While I'm sure to play it anyway, I'm in no hurry with my huge backlog of games to play so I would definitely put this one off if there was a chance they'd patch it - because for sure I'd hate to start it and then have them added ;). I mean, I haven't even found the game cheap yet (probably my best bet is to get a used copy from GS with a PS3 coupon - last time the PS3 coupon was out I couldn't find any used copies).

Doubtful. Everything from this point will have trophies and as far old titles getting em these 6 are announced to have em:
Brothers in Arms
Bionic Commando
Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix
Age of Booty
Singstar
Tomb Raider Underworld

I just finished Saints Row 2, if they release trophies now, I'll freak out.

Then again, I have no issues playing it again as it was such a great game.

I'm not sure if trophies for tomb raider underworld have been confirmed state side. It's coming out in the japanese game though, b/c it's coming out this year so it's required.

Valkyria got medals in the game, so i don't think it's that hard to convert the medals to trophies right? I mean Uncharted did that and that game just became one of my favorites. I so want Valkyria to have trophies, i absolutely love the game, but i'm categorizing it as a backlog for now. No trophies and i can't get it cheaper than $40...

[quote name='miyamotofreak']Doubtful. Everything from this point will have trophies and as far old titles getting em these 6 are announced to have em:
Brothers in Arms
Bionic Commando
Age of Booty
Singstar
Tomb Raider Underworld[/quote]

Are you sure about that one? The only reason i haven't bought SSF2 HD remix is trophies! Don't taunt me with false hopes...

[quote name='Serpentor']Are you sure about that one? The only reason i haven't bought SSF2 HD remix is trophies! Don't taunt me with false hopes...[/quote]

Really?... you have not bought it because there are no trophies...

:cry:

[quote name='miyamotofreak']Doubtful. Everything from this point will have trophies and as far old titles getting em these 6 are announced to have em:
Brothers in Arms
Bionic Commando
Age of Booty
Singstar
Tomb Raider Underworld
[/quote]
Only three of those have been confirmed/announced and the other three are unlikely/unconfirmed.

I'll never really get why some people love trophies so much. To me, they seem somewhat cumbersome...I start playing games for trophies instead of just playing games to play games.

Seriously, there's something wrong if "lack of trophies" is your reason to not play Valkyria Chronicles. It's already got a fair amount of stat tracking, from total enemies killed to your ranks on each mission, along with medals rewarded for most of the more-complicated tasks. If it's a matter of cost, okay, but don't ignore an excellent new IP because of trophies.

okay okay... i'll get SSF2 HD tonight, i can't hold the urge any longer anyway (it's never going on sale for one thing). As for Valkyria, i'm waiting for a deal, $45 is my price even though it's really $60+ worthy game.

I'm just saying, trophies do make the game more interesting and addictive (look what happened to my copy of Uncharted, i would never play it again if it wasn't for the trophy patch).

[quote name='Serpentor']okay okay... i'll get SSF2 HD tonight, i can't hold the urge any longer anyway (it's never going on sale for one thing). As for Valkyria, i'm waiting for a deal, $45 is my price even though it's really $60+ worthy game.

I'm just saying, trophies do make the game more interesting and addictive (look what happened to my copy of Uncharted, i would never play it again if it wasn't for the trophy patch).[/quote]

Why don't you just do a gameshare for it and get it for $3

[quote name='Salamando3000']I'll never really get why some people love trophies so much. To me, they seem somewhat cumbersome...I start playing games for trophies instead of just playing games to play games.

Seriously, there's something wrong if "lack of trophies" is your reason to not play Valkyria Chronicles. It's already got a fair amount of stat tracking, from total enemies killed to your ranks on each mission, along with medals rewarded for most of the more-complicated tasks. If it's a matter of cost, okay, but don't ignore an excellent new IP because of trophies.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I have no intention of ignoring it (once I can get it cheaper). But especially on a game like this that I will most likely love and spend many many hours playing I would really like to have trophy support. Yeah, it is meaningless - but then so is every game ever made and the time we spend playing them if you want to go down that route :lol:.

But, for example, I'm more likely to want to ace missions and find secrets and all that kind of stuff if there is a trophy attached to it then if there isn't. So, yeah, sure, I'll play and enjoy the game regardless but it adds a little more depth and replayability if there are trophies.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Only three of those have been confirmed/announced and the other three are unlikely/unconfirmed.[/quote]

really? I still can't find anything online that trophies will be coming stateside or at least non japan TR:U. If you have a source/link, please tell.

[quote name='Dingleberry']Why don't you just do a gameshare for it and get it for $3[/quote]

Nah, if you have few good buddies, not a problem, but sharing a little here and there can be a problem when you got tons of users on your machine, lol. I lost one DL count when switching the 60gb to 40gb gunmetal PS3.

[quote name='hone']really? I still can't find anything online that trophies will be coming stateside or at least non japan TR:U. If you have a source/link, please tell.[/quote]
Yeah, the Japanese trophies were what I was referring to. They'll come stateside soon enough.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Only three of those have been confirmed/announced and the other three are unlikely/unconfirmed.[/QUOTE]
True, but Street Fighter will need a trophy patch or else it won't be released in Europe. So it is coming.
Bionic Commando was promised. That' all I'll say about that.
Don't know much about BIA but ps3fanboy has it as receiving trophies.

The Capcom guy said that Grin's moved on to the 3D Bionic Commando and aren't working on the BC trophy patch, so that's not very likely at this point. The BiA stemmed from an interview with the developers before the game launched and they only said they'd implement trophies in their future games, but was only about a month or so before launch, so they weren't going to happen. People just assumed that it would and I saw no other proof of it actually happening.

[quote name='miyamotofreak']True, but Street Fighter will need a trophy patch or else it won't be released in Europe. So it is coming.
Bionic Commando was promised. That' all I'll say about that.
Don't know much about BIA but ps3fanboy has it as receiving trophies.[/quote]

HD Remix was already sent to SCEE for certification last year, and the rule now is it needs Trophies to be certified if it was sent to Sony on 1-1-09 or after. SCEE just sucks with their releases.

bread's done
Back