Will UK XBox Live Gold membership cards work elsewhere in Europe?

Morden2261

CAG Veteran
Prices in Denmark are jacked way up, so I've been thinking of ordering a card from Zavvi in the UK. Will the code be valid in Denmark?

Feel free to suggest alternate purchase sites with better prices if you wish! Thanks! :)

Yes they will work elsewhere in Europe. But don't order from Zavvi; save yourself the postage and get a code emailed from an Ebay seller or a site online.

No, I'm not that sure that they will work.

They did before, but according to people who has 360s. Since a couple of months back, Microsoft has made them not useable for people outside of the UK.
That is at least what I have heard on several Swedish forums.

edit: point cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
i tend to agree that ANY redeemable code for XBLive Time or Ms Points sold in UK is GOOD for *any* EU country. Pretty sure of it
there are many "vitual code sellers" sites that can let you have your 12+1 Gold time for under 30 eur, indeed - go for it

Like I said, I'm open to suggestions -- any trusted online sellers you folks would recommend? An online seller that guarantees their codes will work in Denmark would be my preference, obviously. ;)

There are some waaaay down the board. I know because I got mine from there. Personally, I'd just go with a trusted Ebay seller..

[quote name='ScottUK']Personally, I'd just go with a trusted Ebay seller..[/QUOTE]

i agree, for the paypal protection and the feedback reputation thing...

Again. be wary about UK codes:

From the Swedish site minhembio.com (since your Danish I assume you can read our superior language ;))

En liten VARNING! (om det inte redan dykt upp här?)

Det verkar som att MS börjat låsa även pointsen till regioner så vi tex inte kan köpa points från UK
sad.gif

Alltså inte från sidor som cheapxboxlivecodes eller live-codes. Än så länge verkar det inte stå på sidorna att det inte fungerar men folk har fått felmeddelande när de försökt regga koderna efter köp därifrån. Jag har dock inte hittat någon officiell länk om detta än.

Yes box. Råkade ut för detta förra veckan. Kod från UK. Och igår råkade en kompis ut för samma sak. Blir att köpa points direkt från MS under en period tills detta klarnar lite mer.

Fick detta från live-codes idag:

Warning

It seems that Microsoft are now locking the regions on points codes for some countries. As far as we are aware at the moment it is only affecting Sweden and Norway. Unfortunately this means that any of our customers from here will no longer be able to buy codes from us, they will need to be bought locally.

He's asking about Live subscription cards, which weren't locked to any region last time I checked. I don't see why warnings about MSP cards are relevant here, they were always treated differently, region wise (maybe not internally in Europe, but worldwide).

[quote name='totoguy']He's asking about Live subscription cards, which weren't locked to any region last time I checked. I don't see why warnings about MSP cards are relevant here, they were always treated differently, region wise (maybe not internally in Europe, but worldwide).[/QUOTE]

I concur.

[quote name='babaz75']i agree, for the paypal protection and the feedback reputation thing...[/QUOTE]
digital non-tangible items are not eligible for paypal protection

I can tell you from experience that membership cards will work for any membership worldwide BUT points card will NOT.

I moved from NZ to Scotland and bought both a membership card and a points card, the membership card worked fine on my nz account and then i couldnt add the points. Rang M$ and they confirmed the above, points are region specific, membership is not.

Also, yeah go with Ebay. I buy my memberships from there all the time, just make sure you get one that emails right away.

bread's done
Back