Will Walmart honor all WII U preorders

nabuch

CAGiversary!
Walmart was supposed to only be taking preorders from Oct.14-20. I preordered one last Weds., the 24th, and paid in full.

Now, I see that Gamestop filled all their preorders a long time ago, and has a quarter million on their wait list.

I suspect that unless I get to Walmart 2 days early and wait in line, I won't get my preorder. I think that they are just taking all the preorders they can, regardless of how many they will actually have.

Since there are some WII games I might want to get before Nov.18, I really need to know if I am guaranteed to get it or not.

I went through something similar with the PS3. After Sony, halved the amount that would be available, I knew I would not get one from where I preordered it. The manager of the story assured me I would and thought I was crazy to keep calling, but never even offered an apology when I was, of course, right.

I mean that, if every Walmart store gets 50 to sell, then I'm probably okay, as they have quit taking preorders on line, so maybe they would quit when they reached their quota.

Well, I just wonder if they don't honor my preorder, weather I would have grounds to sue them, since, if I would, then I'm sure they would not be taking more preorders than they could fill.

Well, anyone here ever work for Walmart and know the answer?

Evidently a lot of you want to know the answer to this, not just me. Well, I just checked pages 202 and 203 on the WII U preorder thread, and, as of today, there are a lot of them still available. One Walmart employee said that a store by him has 32 allocated, and has plenty left. Since Nintendo said they would produce one million a month, and hope to sell 5.5 million by the end of March, I suspect that there will be quite a few left for walk in sales also. At least it looks like Walmart would quit taking preorders when they filled them all. Super storm Sandy would not impact production at all, but could hurt distribution, but even that looks doubtful as we are still 18 days away.

bread's done
Back