Will we get a Greatest Hits of FFXIII?

Tonious

CAGiversary!
I dunno if anyone else here experienced the same problems I did with FFXIII. I couldn't get the game to play, the blu-ray would constantly spin at high speed making this god awful noise and I did some research online and heard about the game burning out several people's blu-ray drives and I didn't want to take that chance since I bought my PS3 way back in the day. Have an 80gig backwards compatible one. I refuse to play it on my 360, but there's no option to install on the PS3. >_< The game might load half the time but I could never get past the first few fights without the game freezing and/or the music stopping and at the end of the battle it would just sit there so I'm SOL. Hoping that if they do release a Greatest Hits version it will fix/address the issues in some way, maybe it was the disc? I tried 3 different copies and had the same problem with all of them. Anyone else experience this? And anyone else know if we'll get a greatest hits? Every FF has gotten one since 7, but this is the first multiplatform so I'm worried.

Even if it became a GH, I doubt they're really change the disc in any way to address this. I'd say it has more to do with your specific model and others like it (i.e. old Phat systems) than anything since 3 different discs didn't work.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Even if it became a GH, I doubt they're really change the disc in any way to address this. I'd say it has more to do with your specific model and others like it (i.e. old Phat systems) than anything since 3 different discs didn't work.[/QUOTE]

Mayhap you're right and the only real fix would be a patch of some kind, like they did with Bayonetta. ;_; But I'm still gonna try if they ever do release a GH. What's the time period/method they use to make those?

Sounds like your optical drive on your PS3 is getting gimpy. It isn't going to get any better and there will be more problems down the road.

The earliest would probably be Spring. They announced new GH titles last April, and then some more in Sept, The year before I think it was in June (don't remember).

[quote name='laaj']Sounds like your optical drive on your PS3 is getting gimpy. It isn't going to get any better and there will be more problems down the road.[/QUOTE]
I hope not, been playing a lot of PS3 lately and haven't heard the noise since or had any problems out of it, nor while watching movies. And since I heard so many similar stories on the net I just assume it's the disc/game.

That sounds pretty nuts. And I have a feeling those discs would work on any other PS3 just fine but that doesn't really help your problem.

I know they sell a chinese version that comes with english subtitles and japanese audio (and the english audio option as well, I think). Might be worth paying the extra to import if you aren't a fan of the dubs. That's all I can think of though.

bread's done
Back