Will you buy the Sony Move?

im just not interested in it. ill drop 50 on the plus serivce to see if its worthwhile but thats it. not to say that i wasnt impressed by it its come a long way but i dont see the use in motion controls.

I probably will, just not right away. That Sorcery game they showed at E3 has me pretty interested.

Big if for me. $50 per controller plus potential $30 for a nunchuck is a lot, certainly more than I want to pay. Plus, they haven't showed it implemented in any game that I'm dying to play - replaying Heavy Rain with it might be cool, but I don't like SOCOM or Killzone, and have all of the Wii games that Sony's sports, party, etc. games are mimicking.

[quote name='alongx']Big if for me. $50 per controller plus potential $30 for a nunchuck is a lot, certainly more than I want to pay. Plus, they haven't showed it implemented in any game that I'm dying to play - replaying Heavy Rain with it might be cool, but I don't like SOCOM or Killzone, and have all of the Wii games that Sony's sports, party, etc. games are mimicking.[/QUOTE]

over at ign they said you didnt need the 30 nunchuck dealy you could use a ds3 controller.

Not until there's a huge price drop. If a lot of already released titles like Heavy Rain get patched/there are AAA titles in the future that only support Move, my stance may change.

I'm not that fond of motion controls and actually think they more often than not detract from the quality of a game. Might be why I haven't touched the Wii in over a year, now...Although admittedly, I haven't tried the MotionPlus yet.

Probably. I like the Wii and hope this will get just as much support. What will really sell me on this is FPS compatibility since the analog sticks are horribly inferior and only one game natively supports M/KB. (I've also looked into those Fragnsteins but they aren't cheap).

The plus service? Not in the least. Useless. Rumors have it you don't even get to keep your content.

I already have a PSEye so a $50 buy-in for a chance to play DS Extraction and Sports Champions seems worth it to me.

I always liked the Wii, but $200 for something I may only occasionally use seems expensive compared to a small upgrade to a system I already own.

I would only buy the move if i felt other people playing online were getting an unfair advantage with it. When i play psn games I am online 70% of the time and i don't want to get my ass handed to me because people have a different controller than me. It doesn't really interest me but i might buy it for the sole purpose of balancing out the playing field. I would definately want to try before i buy though. If they make seperate playlist for people with the move i won't bother. Right now just thinking about the move and that 30 dollar numchuk pisses me off.

I already own the eyetoy. Sorcery looks pretty interesting, and using that to aim would help. Hell if they patched some of the games it'd be a worthwhile buy.

[quote name='Mr. 420']I would only buy the move if i felt other people playing online were getting an unfair advantage with it. When i play psn games I am online 70% of the time and i don't want to get my ass handed to me because people have a different controller than me. It doesn't really interest me but i might buy it for the sole purpose of balancing out the playing field. I would definately want to try before i buy though. If they make seperate playlist for people with the move i won't bother. Right now just thinking about the move and that 30 dollar numchuk pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

Bah, it's people like you hurting the market. So what if someone can do better with a different controller? Use one yourself or just play the game. If people can use joysticks and racing wheels why can't we use Move or M/KB? We shouldn't have to be held back from less satisfactory control methods because others would cry about it. And there's no doubt that console FPS's would benefit immensely.

[quote name='lokizz']over at ign they said you didnt need the 30 nunchuck dealy you could use a ds3 controller.[/QUOTE]

That may be true, but it'd probably be somewhat awkward to hold. The dual shock 3 is already kind of heavy.

[quote name='alongx']That may be true, but it'd probably be somewhat awkward to hold. The dual shock 3 is already kind of heavy.[/QUOTE]

don't you rest the controller on your legs when you play games?

Some of the videos show people using two motion controllers.... so no. And I mean two motion controllers, not controller + nunchuck. I have an eye toy camera... so if I do buy one, it will be used with 26% discount and free shipping... since it will likely run 35ish that way.

I'd get one..later not right away...with the amount of support they have I don't expect it to flop...like the PS2 hdd thingie.

[quote name='enufs8d']dont forget some games use TWO moves for a single player!!![/QUOTE]

yep so thats 100 right there.

I really enjoyed playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 using the Wii's Motion Plus. The Motion Plus support was the sole reason I got it, and transformed the game from good to fantastic.

I'm looking forward to upgrading this to an HD experience by using the Playstation Move for the PS3 version of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11. It's worth the entry fee for me just for that game.

[quote name='Mr. 420']I would only buy the move if i felt other people playing online were getting an unfair advantage with it. When i play psn games I am online 70% of the time and i don't want to get my ass handed to me because people have a different controller than me. It doesn't really interest me but i might buy it for the sole purpose of balancing out the playing field. I would definately want to try before i buy though. If they make seperate playlist for people with the move i won't bother. Right now just thinking about the move and that 30 dollar numchuk pisses me off.[/QUOTE]
You mean I should stop using that Rocketfish controller I got from BB that has the turbo on it when I'm playing GTA?:lol: Kidding. I haven't even used the Rocketfish one in like a month now.

As for my answer, I said NO to the poll. I hated the SixAxis garbage in some of the earlier PS3 games(Heavenly Sword, for example), so why the fuck would I want to go all motion controlled?

To me it seems like MS and Sony are just trying to mimic the leader(Wii) in this gen by adding full on motion controllers and are also copying each other as much as possible.:roll: The only reason I bought an Xbox besides a PS2 last gen was because of their differences(namely the onboard HDD on the Xbox, no more $25 fuckin' memory cards from Sony:bomb:). But with each system starting to get more of the functions of its competitors, there's less and less reason to get a second system this gen.

Almost certainly not barring a price drop/clearance/some amazing games. I have more hope for it than the Kinect and I do already have the Eye so it'd be less pricy.

No. I bought a Wii thinking I would love motion controls but it turns out that I don't. At all. I'll stick with a gamepad for now.

It also doesn't help that there isn't any software I find particularly compelling coming out for Move.

[quote name='Osiris11235']I really enjoyed playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 using the Wii's Motion Plus. The Motion Plus support was the sole reason I got it, and transformed the game from good to fantastic.

I'm looking forward to upgrading this to an HD experience by using the Playstation Move for the PS3 version of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11. It's worth the entry fee for me just for that game
.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

Not a chance... I hate my Wii because of motion controls forced into the gameplay, so I'm not making that mistake again. (Not knocking them, just saying its not for me)

I'm going to get it along with that Sorcery game. I hope they have some game+controller bundles (they probably won't though).

I stood in line for a Wii on launch day, because motion controls looked really cool. 3 years later, I got a PS3 for the games. Now I can have the best of both worlds.

The great thing about the way Sony is doing the motion control thing is to make it OPTIONAL. Just like what they're doing with the 3D gaming--putting both the 3D and non-3D game on one disc--making it OPTIONAL.

Sony has (and keeps) making hare-brained decisions, but at least they got one thing right with this new stuff.

Sorcery looks cool but I'll wait as well. I don't have the eyetoy and I don't know how the 'nunchuk' accessory will play if you don't have it and need to use a pad.

Yea probably. It seems to be motion gaming done right and I'd support that. Plus it's cool that they are going back and patching old games with the Move and I could see other developers doing this as well. So it would be worth it.

If it was $49.99 with BOTH the Move Controller and the Nun chuck like controller I would buy it. I understand that I can use a DS3 controller but that would get tiring .

Reasons to purchase :
-The game characters have arms and neck.....lol
-The games themselves are looking great ; sorcery, Socom 4, That golfing game with " Tiger "
-The lag between the players actions and the actions shown are screen are the fastest of all the motion gaming peripherals.
-HD !!

Reasons that make me kinda " iffy " about purchasing :
- Some games require " 2 " Playstation move controllers, that is $100 right there...ouch.
- The price could be lower for the people who dont have great jobs " ME "
- I hate the fact that it could turn out to be something know one buys and then developers stop producing games for it because they know they wont sell.

Overall Answer:
-Maybe

[quote name='enufs8d']why does a lot of people like Sorcery? it seemed like harry potter with good move controls.[/QUOTE]

Because it seems like Harry Potter with good move controls.
:whistle2:s

[quote name='FroMann']When there is a good bundle or price drop. Yes.[/QUOTE]

yeah they should have bundled the 2 move bits together for like 60 or 70 then i could see alot of people jumping on it sooner rather than later. or for 80 w/ scorcery. im sure theyre going to do a game combo bundle eventually.

[quote name='enufs8d']why does a lot of people like Sorcery? it seemed like harry potter with good move controls.[/QUOTE]

Actually it reminds me more of Magician on the NES.

I'm guessing the wand won't work with the ps2 eye toy I currently use for my PS3 and I will have to upgrade to a PS3 Eye? If it requires an upgrade, definitely not until a price drop.

I'm a sucker for this stuff and I already have the camera so I'll be getting it for sure. Looking forward to Dead Space Extraction in HD

I'm hoping to get the camera from Sony Rewards so at $50 or less for the Move wand, I think I'm in. I loved Sorcery, and I can't wait to play Heavy Rain with some waggle.

bread's done
Back