Win 400 MS Points - GM Military New Vehicle Discount

Quick question, has anyone gotten spammed after entering these contestst in the past? I don't want to enter if they're going to be sending me ads afterwards.

i have actually gotten a message every 3 months or so saying something like "are you not satisfied with your current loan". not sure if its from this tho

Any tips on how to get this to work with Boost Mobile (i776 phone on the pay as you go, not the $50 unlimited plan)? Keep getting "Invalid Message Received" texted back to me from 75920.

Had the same issue in the last promo too.

i wasnt getting texts before when i tried 75920 just a few days ago, but i just tried it again and 74139, and both have given me texts back. so for all those who havent had any luck yet with either numbers, try again everyday as it seems to change. hope this helps somebody

[quote name='gtkilla']has anyone texted back 'OK' to that thing they sent?[/QUOTE]I did. I haven't receive anything other than the 'U have a chance' replies, so I'm not sure it makes any difference as far as winning.

[quote name='life.exe']They select them every Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Is that why the message explicitly says "winners notified daily"?

[quote name='Kaiju Nexus']Is that why the message explicitly says "winners notified daily"?[/QUOTE]Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, 5thfinger's last promotion also had similar language in the return texts, yet they still only selected winners once a week. I wouldn't start worrying about this being a dud until a good week has passed since it started if no one has won anything.

That being said, a lot of people won in the last contest after having given up on the contest all together. There were lots of posts saying "haven't entered in weeks, just won 400 points." So give up if you want, but don't count yourself out!

The last contest said winners selected every Tuesday, so I think we can safely assume this one actually does select winners daily. As I mentioned before, the daily ones are actually probably harder to win because each day has the same number of entries to draw from but more than likely significantly less winners. Assuming they don't prevent you from winning more than once, since nothing says so, theoretically a few thousand people could be entering every day for 5 wins a day.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Well, its tuesday and nothing yet :(, hoping this contest isnt a dud[/QUOTE]

Even if it does end up being a Tuesday drawing again, it wasn't till about 1-2pm central time that the text went out.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Well, its tuesday and nothing yet :(, hoping this contest isnt a dud[/QUOTE]

I'd give it a few more hours. I remember getting the winning texts between 3-5 EST with the last contest. If by this evening no CAG has won I would say it is a pretty sure thing that much fewer winners are indeed selected daily.

Did anyone opt-in to the follow-up text to receive GM text messages? If I don't hear anything by EOD, I thought I may try that to see if it got me anywhere with this promotion.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Did anyone opt-in to the follow-up text to receive GM text messages? If I don't hear anything by EOD, I thought I may try that to see if it got me anywhere with this promotion.[/QUOTE]

I did and signed up shortly after the OP was posted. Haven't heard a thing, either from the promotion or from GM.

Nothing from me. 2 phones, both numbers, posted everyday since OP (except 2nd number was posted a few days later), and opt into the extra messages.

[quote name='yankeesfan330']This is extremely disappointing so far. Sorry guys...[/QUOTE]

No need to apologize. You just relayed the contest. Thanks again.

bleh. 3 phones waiting for the points to come raining in but nothing.

these contests are usually awesome. hopefully this one isnt a bust

It's been all of 9 days since this was posted guys, it's called a contest cause it's not guaranteed.

It takes all of 4 seconds a day to remember to send a text, so much as I would like to win, it's not a giant inconvenience if I don't.

The fact that numerous CAGers have entered and no one has confirmed a win, is the reason for the skepticism. Also, not everyone has unlimited texts, so it might be more of a hassle for others.

[quote name='Unknown50862']The fact that numerous CAGers have entered and no one has confirmed a win, is the reason for the skepticism. Also, not everyone has unlimited texts, so it might be more of a hassle for others.[/QUOTE]

Skeptic of what if I might ask? When 5th finger isn't running a contest you don't get a response back. The contest just fails to deliver so far and kind of sucks. :)

I also don't know why people without unlimited texts would enter in a daily contest like this (the weekly I understand better). Assuming an average of 10 cents a text you could just buy 400 points after about 2 weeks of entering (based on the cost of sending one text and receiving two, since they seem to be sending the follow up GM mailing list one every time and not everyone gets free incoming, every day)

I WON!!!!!!

...a whole lot of nothing :( I've got my phone to auto-send it every day so it's not a hassle at all for me. I'll keep it up till it stops responding.

Another case of disappointment here. One thing to note: I saw the ads all over Rainbow Six Vegas 2 last night, so it looks like this was supposed to work.

bread's done
Back