Win a $50 Amazon Giftcard

Um...there seems to be an issue:  when I go to vote for your drink now, it's not there, and I can't do it.  Your entry has actually been *removed*.  What's going on?

The contest will end October 31st at 11:59 PM

Don't forget you can vote once per device per 24 hours so just edit your post to update when you vote the next day.
Hey dansoccerball, whatever happened with that voting thing, you're not off the hook for this giveaway. You're now several days beyond when the contest closed, per *your* statement. Time to give the thing away, regardless of what the result of your thing was. People supported you, now you need to pony up.

Hey dansoccerball, whatever happened with that voting thing, you're not off the hook for this giveaway. You're now several days beyond when the contest closed, per *your* statement. Time to give the thing away, regardless of what the result of your thing was. People supported you, now you need to pony up.
29 pages worth of people...
Maybe it was a giveaway he found and he was just letting us know. Or maybe he forgot about it. We should wait a little bit, even though the contest is "over."

The contest will end October 31st at 11:59 PM

Don't forget you can vote once per device per 24 hours so just edit your post to update when you vote the next day.

29 pages worth of people...
Maybe it was a giveaway he found and he was just letting us know. Or maybe he forgot about it. We should wait a little bit, even though the contest is "over."
Here's what I think of this situation:

Dansoccerball created this giveaway in hopes that the votes garnered from it would win him the (correct me if I'm wrong) $10,000 grand prize from the NeuroSonic contest. He would have then bought the $50 amazon gift card, awarded it so a person who voted for him, and walked away with $9950.

I agree with what boagman has said. Dansoccerball entered into a legally binding agreement with those people who voted for his design that, if they were to vote for him and document it on this site (via posting our vote numbers), that all who voted would have a chance to win a $50 amazon giftcard. I think that he should be obligated to award the gift card to a voter, or potentially face legal action for False Advertisement and/or Breach of Contract.

Masa15, I do not agree with what you said in the post that I quoted. As I've stated earlier, dansoccerball was the original author of this giveaway, so he did not "find it" nor was he "letting us know". It is now 12 days past the scheduled end time of the giveaway, and I think that it's time for dansoccerball to (as boagman said) "pony up". Dan soccerball didn't "forget", he just doesn't want to buy the gift card now that he didn't win the $10,000.

Now as for you dansoccerball, whether or not your NeuroSonic design was still active at the end of this contest is irrelevant. You promised that you would award a gift card, then went back on that promise when your NeuroSonic design was disqualified from their contest for violating their contest's rules. (Most company contests have rules against "farming" votes by monetary means)

Also, as it pertains to this forum, I think that dansoccerball should face a trading time out or a forum ban for reneging on this giveaway, which would last until he has awarded the gift card he promised. But that decision would fall to the Mods. (Speaking of which, can I get a Mod's opinion on this?)

I'm The Dark Enforcer, and that's my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuff like this has happened many, many times before. Don't get your hopes up on a trading ban or anything. It's just a contest that didn't pan out, not like anyone actually got scammed for anything more than their time. Nobody's going to sue him for not following through on a contest. That would be incredibly stupid.

Here's what I think of this situation:

Dansoccerball created this giveaway in hopes that the votes garnered from it would win him the (correct me if I'm wrong) $10,000 grand prize from the NeuroSonic contest. He would have then bought the $50 amazon gift card, awarded it so a person who voted for him, and walked away with $9950.

I agree with what boagman has said. Dansoccerball entered into a legally binding agreement with those people who voted for his design that, if they were to vote for him and document it on this site (via posting our vote numbers), that all who voted would have a chance to win a $50 amazon giftcard. I think that he should be obligated to award the gift card to a voter, or potentially face legal action for False Advertisement and/or Breach of Contract.

Masa15, I do not agree with what you said in the post that I quoted. As I've stated earlier, dansoccerball was the original author of this giveaway, so he did not "find it" nor was he "letting us know". It is now 12 days past the scheduled end time of the giveaway, and I think that it's time for dansoccerball to (as boagman said) "pony up". Dan soccerball didn't "forget", he just doesn't want to buy the gift card now that he didn't win the $10,000.

Now as for you dansoccerball, whether or not your NeuroSonic design was still active at the end of this contest is irrelevant. You promised that you would award a gift card, then went back on that promise when your NeuroSonic design was disqualified from their contest for violating their contest's rules. (Most company contests have rules against "farming" votes by monetary means)

Also, as it pertains to this forum, I think that dansoccerball should face a trading time out or a forum ban for reneging on this giveaway, which would last until he has awarded the gift card he promised. But that decision would fall to the Mods. (Speaking of which, can I get a Mod's opinion on this?)

I'm The Dark Enforcer, and that's my opinion
OK, it's been too long now. He should give the reward.

Hey man speaking of which, remember when i did my vote for my controlelr contest on Fragged Nation (the money controller)

Well I paid out the amazon gift cards to 1st and 2nd place prizes ( i think it was 5 w/o a win for 2 and 10 w/ a win for 3)

But funy thing that site never even GAVE the "winner" his custom!  XD

So yea rabble rabble give him a timeout or contest post ban or something.

I can't stand anything more then fake givaways -  What are we on Youtube or are we on CAG

bread's done
Back