Win a PS4 Before it's Released

Showed up for me now in delivery manager. By 10:30 am tomorrow!!!! Kinda has me worried that one guy on neogaf had issues with his already. Since they come in a special box bundled with other items I wonder if they were like first run models to test the equipment that puts them together or something..lol . Just to play it safe I'm going to keep my gamestop pre-order.

Last edited by a moderator:
So turns out my system doesn't work and it has to be sent back to Sony :( Several reports on gaf/reddit/kotaku/ign etc. etc.

Good luck everyone, I hope your PS4 works.

I've still gotten nothing in that fedex delivery manager thing, when people called are you just asking if you have a delivery scheduled for your address or what?

Man.  A little disappointed I'm having to buy this console with all of the wins posted. The second online  Taco Bell contest I've entered daily and just couldn't get the dice to fall in my favor.  Glad to see them getting shipped in a speedy manor, though.  Congrats to you all.

My system works great! Downloaded the 3 free games without PS+ and aside of that its better to wait until 11/15/13 when it officially launches anyway because if you sign up with a year of PS+ you get a free $10 credit on your account for the PS Store! How awesome is that?!

Mine works well too I already had Ps+ so got to download Contrast and the other free game both are pretty cool games Knack on the other hand I can't seem to get into haha oh and my PSN is Daver116

Wife called me about an hour ago saying it was delivered, so I get to go home tonight after the gym to play me some PS4!  Although, I'm not really excited about Knack.  I wonder how much gamestop would give for a tradein on it towards another game.

Mine just arrived also. Hope its not one of the bricked ones
Kind of odd that the prerelease models that IGN, Kotaku, etc had all came with some sort of issue. I would consider these systems a prerelease model. Most likely produced in one large batch. If you have one preordered I would suggest going with that one and selling off the other.

Mine works well too I already had Ps+ so got to download Contrast and the other free game both are pretty cool games Knack on the other hand I can't seem to get into haha oh and my PSN is Daver116
Did your PS+ trigger automatically? Because I have PS+ too but after I logged in and went to the store, it was prompting me to buy a new sub and I know mine isn't up for a few more months.

Yeah hoping that no one else has any problems. Everyone should report back after they've spent some more time using it

Just heard from family that mine was delivered around 9:45. It's going to be a long day at work.

Did your PS+ trigger automatically? Because I have PS+ too but after I logged in and went to the store, it was prompting me to buy a new sub and I know mine isn't up for a few more months.
Mine kept doing that but I went under games in the store and I think under free games and it showed contrast and the other one as free because I had PS+. I think they may still be working on the store since even after I downloaded those it still showed the buy new sub page under the PS+ section

Mine just delivered too.

The FedEx driver said "Wow!  There must've been been a great sale on these or something, because we've been delivering a lot of these packages from Sony the past couple days."

Mine kept doing that but I went under games in the store and I think under free games and it showed contrast and the other one as free because I had PS+. I think they may still be working on the store since even after I downloaded those it still showed the buy new sub page under the PS+ section
Ah I see. Thanks for the info on that. I'll try to download those later tonight then. Appreciate it!

Yea I have 2 years on mine and when I first went in it was acting like I didn't have it.

Then when I clicked on Resogun it said free.

For those of you already using your system, did you all have to download the 1.50 firmware?  I had read somewhere on IGN some people having issues with 1.50, so wasn't sure if that was a minority like the few people with broken systems, or an actual firmware problem.  Trying to determine if I keep the factory firmware, upgrade to 1.50, or just hold off until there is something newer.

I already pulled 1.50 down to a USB stick, that way I don't need to go through a long download via PSN.

I updated mine via usb right when I hooked it up and didn't have any issues. I didn't get to play mine for more than a couple hours though had to study for two tests. 

Well fuck! Add me to the list of people who were shipped a PS4 that won't turn on.
:( Wow man that really sucks, sorry to hear that. I hope mine works when I try it out.

I'm curious if anyone has any idea how much credit you can get at GameStop for the Knack trade in. Anyone have any idea?

You probably can't trade it in since it says not for resale on it, unless they overlook that. Then again they probably have to scan it in to the system, and it will have a different UPC or something like that.

I just sold mine on eBay for $40, stating it was a promotional version from the taco bell contest

:( Wow man that really sucks, sorry to hear that. I hope mine works when I try it out.

I'm curious if anyone has any idea how much credit you can get at GameStop for the Knack trade in. Anyone have any idea?
Just got off the phone with Sony. They are sending me out a box to ship it back in. They said it will take 3-5 business days for the box to get here, then 7-10 business for me to receive another console once they receive it. So, if I'm lucky, I will have a working PS4 by Christmas.

I'm not real happy, but then again, I'm glad I didn't save this until Christmas for my son and then find out it was dead. Hopefully, this isn't a widespread issue or there will be lots of disappointed kids come Christmas morning. So, this is a lesson to all you parents out there...don't make your kid wait until Christmas to try out their new PS4...test it now to make sure you have a good working unit.

The thing that really pissed me off is that after arranging the return, they tried to sell me a 2-yr extended warranty.

For those of you already using your system, did you all have to download the 1.50 firmware? I had read somewhere on IGN some people having issues with 1.50, so wasn't sure if that was a minority like the few people with broken systems, or an actual firmware problem. Trying to determine if I keep the factory firmware, upgrade to 1.50, or just hold off until there is something newer.

I already pulled 1.50 down to a USB stick, that way I don't need to go through a long download via PSN.
Yes, I had to download the 1.50 firmware. So far, no problems (knock on wood)

Just got off the phone with Sony. They are sending me out a box to ship it back in. They said it will take 3-5 business days for the box to get here, then 7-10 business for me to receive another console once they receive it. So, if I'm lucky, I will have a working PS4 by Christmas.

I'm not real happy, but then again, I'm glad I didn't save this until Christmas for my son and then find out it was dead. Hopefully, this isn't a widespread issue or there will be lots of disappointed kids come Christmas morning. So, this is a lesson to all you parents out there...don't make your kid wait until Christmas to try out their new PS4...test it now to make sure you have a good working unit.

The thing that really pissed me off is that after arranging the return, they tried to sell me a 2-yr extended warranty.
It's good that you have a positive attitude on it getting fixed and everything. It truly does suck that they all seem to be having issues here and there, but that's not really surprising given the YLoD and RRoD errors of the past. Glad that Sony is getting it fixed for you though!

At least you guys got your consoles. They never shipped me a confirmation nor have I gotten anything from either fedex using ship manager or calling. So, I won legitimately, and the response I get is this:

We know you are excited and on the edge of your seat waiting to find out if your win has been confirmed for the Taco Bell® and PlayStation® Play the Future First Instant Win Game. We are currently validating all winners according to the eligibility requirements outlined in the Official Rules. We anticipate all verification to be completed and prizes shipped no later than November 14, 2013.

you know how everybody buying a ps4 gets a month of ps plus and a $10 psn voucher....us lucky taco bell winners don't get these. I'm specifically griping about the psn thing. is that a dick move?

you know how everybody buying a ps4 gets a month of ps plus and a $10 psn voucher....us lucky taco bell winners don't get these. I'm specifically griping about the psn thing. is that a dick move?

Yes it's a dick move lol. You saved $500. Go buy some PSN.

Well add me to the broken PS4 List. Heres to hoping we get our fixes before thanksgiving!
Sorry this happened to you too. Was yours dead out of the box, like mine? I only got the flashing blue light, nothing ever displayed.

I'm sure we'll all get good PS4's eventually, but I bet things get real ugly for Sony tomorrow. I'm glad I got my claim started with them today.

Mine had the flashing blue light no video no sound. I am going to try that pry the hdmi port trick later. I will respond if I get it to work. Others are suggesting removing the HDD, try to boot, shutdown, put HDD back in, and restoring. All things I will probably try over weekend.

What really sucks is we don't get to get early trophies on our accounts to prove we got our PS4's early or even on launch day. At this point it will most likely be 11/28 before we even get a chance to play a PS4 game.

Instead we get a free copy of knack and a year of plus (instead of 30 days)....yes, it would be a dick move by you

bread's done
Back