Win Kid Icarus for five minutes of your time!

Great idea for a contest, but I hope you don't get flooded with a bunch of unrelated garbage that doesn't have anything to do with Kid Icarus.

Since you are winning a download and not a physical copy, your contest/title should reflect that you could win a free "download".

[quote name='Blade']Great idea for a contest, but I hope you don't get flooded with a bunch of unrelated garbage that doesn't have anything to do with Kid Icarus.[/QUOTE]

I thought this same thing. "I don't know a single thing about Kid Icarus that wouldn't already be on there. Maybe I can just make things up?"

But I then decided I probably would lose anyway if they picked my winning "page" and read what it said:

"Kid Icarus (Pronounced Meekrob) was born on the planet Mung, and his favorite food is french fries."

[quote name='0_0']only $5? and it's not even guaranteed?... now if it were Kid Icarus: Uprising ...[/QUOTE]
A lot of these contests aren't guaranteed. That's why they're called contests. Also, if this contest generates enough activity, a copy of Kid Icarus: Uprising isn't that far away.
Finally, a little work required ==> much fewer participants ==> a greater chance of winning.

[quote name='Blade']Great idea for a contest, but I hope you don't get flooded with a bunch of unrelated garbage that doesn't have anything to do with Kid Icarus.[/QUOTE]
The great thing about MediaWiki is that it's very easy to rollback vandalism.

[quote name='ExplodingRat']I thought this same thing. "I don't know a single thing about Kid Icarus that wouldn't already be on there. Maybe I can just make things up?"

But I then decided I probably would lose anyway if they picked my winning "page" and read what it said:

"Kid Icarus (Pronounced Meekrob) was born on the planet Mung, and his favorite food is french fries."[/QUOTE]
You really don't need to know a thing about Kid Icarus. Each potential article has a source listed beside it. All you need to do is read a paragraph or two from the source, pick out the important information, and write a couple sentences.

I just want to see some other writing styles. I could do this all by myself, but I'd like to know if picking out all the same information that other people are. Maybe you guys have a better way of wording it, or maybe what I think is trivial is actually important to someone who is trying to gather information about the franchise. That's pretty much all I'm looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back