Win One of Three Copies of The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)

Over at Gamer 2.0, we have announced a new contest to give away three copies of The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters and I wanted to give CAGs the heads-up to snag their own copies if their entries are chosen. What you need to do to enter is simple, so just read the description below to see what's required of you:

Have you ever gone through life and run into someone who exhibited absolutely poor sportsmanship? Whether it was on the war torn battlefields of Halo 3, or the basketball court down the street, we’ve all seen it. That guy, or girl, who just doesn’t lose well. If you’ve never seen it, The King of Kong: Fistful of Quarters chronicles one man’s story of that exact situation, and we’ve got three copies that we want to give away to you.

"In 1982, Billy Mitchell, the 'Gamer of the Century,' set a score of 874,300 points on Donkey Kong, a record which many in the gaming world thought would never be broken - until Steve Wiebe not only surpassed the record but ended up with a thought-to-be-impossible 1,000,000 points. In the months that followed his feat, Steve and Billy engage in a cross-country duel, filled with publicity, scandal and frustration, to see who could set the highest score and ultimately become the King of Kong!"

We want to hear your story. Write in and tell us about the worst example of bad sportsmanship that you’ve ever experienced, whether it was because of a videogame or reality. We’ll choose the best three stories and send the winners a copy of The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters.

The deadline for story submissions is July 18, 2008.
Good luck!

Stories should be emailed to: [email protected]

Good luck!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']We'd like it to be true, but I don't think we're going to hire the FBI to make sure it really happened. ;)[/quote]

I'll think up the best one I can remember. I might enhance the ending with murder. Who knows?

For whatever it's worth, I just watched this movie over the weekend and found it to be very interesting. Probably the best "video game" movie made so far.

MjC

[quote name='ohram']I'll think up the best one I can remember. I might enhance the ending with murder. Who knows?[/quote]
That sounds good.

Just to let you guys know. From what I've seen of the amount of entries we've gotten, anybody that enters from here should have a very good chance of winning. At least much better than you would have if you entered the lottery. ;)

Do you have to be registered to the site to participate? It won't let me register, I just get a database error. And do you need a special subject line or any extra information. Just covering all the bases.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd enter but, already won a copy. I have some great stories too since my friend is a complete dick about losing.

[quote name='georox']I'd enter but, already won a copy. I have some great stories too since my friend is a complete dick about losing.[/quote]
You could win one for your friend to own as a hint. ;)

Just sent my story in. Couldn't put into words my best story. Twas too epic and long and spanned a decade. So I just wrote a story about Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 2. I think it's pretty good. I didn't murder anyone in it. But it's got a little rage in it.

Sorry, guys. It looks like you have a chance to win two copies of King of Kong, because I just sent in the most awesomest story ever. One of those copies is pretty much mine.

I don't really want to think of a story, but that is one of my favorite movies of all time. If you haven't seen it yet, I'd suggest it if you are a gamer or a person who likes mockumentaries/funny documentaries.

I sent my submission. The only regret I have about entering the contest was having to put my shame and disappointment into words, further reminding me of that horrible night in gaming...

haha i saw this, it played on g4. pretty good.
those guys spend 6 hours around 1million. if they mess up, they have to start all over

[quote name='LinkTGF']any winners announced yet?[/quote]

It'll probably take a day or two to sort through the winners.

Heh, I got my copy today but it's a Region 2/PAL copy so it won't play in American DVD players. D'oh.

I can't complain since free is free, but I'm not sure what I'll do with it really.

[quote name='garfep']Heh, I got my copy today but it's a Region 2/PAL copy so it won't play in American DVD players. D'oh.

I can't complain since free is free, but I'm not sure what I'll do with it really.[/quote]
Wow. Really? We're looking into why PAL DVDs were sent out when I don't think there was any indication to us that these were anything but NTSC DVDs. I'm really sorry about that.

Oh, don't worry about it. As I said, free is free. I certainly can't complain. It's still sealed so I'm sure I'll be able to sell it and put that toward an NTSC copy. It was awesome of you guys to do the contest at all.

It was awesome to get a copy of this at all - if you have a program like AnyDVD you can watch it on your computer... I'm going to rip the main feature and convert it to NTSC so I can watch it on my TV

Thanks again guys!

bread's done
Back