Wind Power, Check it!

Theduck

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
First off i'm not here to push or force this on anyone, your own choice if you decide to participate.

With that out of the way, I went to my local Whole Foods Market today and was given an interesting pamphlet with information on Wind power. Now at first I thought this was dumb, but after reading up on it and going to the website it started to catch my attention. The way this works is, from my understanding, you can donate either 15$ or 5$ a month for wind power which will help pave the way for the future of energy use. So you don't actually use wind power yourself with the donation, but you give them an incentive and a funding to further expand thier renewable energy cause.

Since it is physically impossible to deliver electrons from a wind farm directly to a home or business, renewable energy certificates make wind power transactions possible. When a wind farm produces electricity, certificates are issued to track the exact amount of power created. Selling renewable energy certificates allows wind farms to be competitive with fossil fuels. Buying these certificates transfers ownership of the wind power. This innovate system helps consumers and business buy wind power at a reasonable price.
Renewable Choice uses renewable energy certificates to provide wind power to our customers. We provide a mix of certificates from wind farms across the country. We screen all our wind farms, making sure they meet the highest environmental and wildlife protection standards. Renewable Choice undergoes an independent annual audit to ensure all our customers get what they pay for.
With renewable energy certificates, customers anywhere in the country can purchase wind power. This important innovation is a leading factor in the expolsive growth of renewable energy. Without it, clean wind power would have the same value as dirty coal power.

That also might help. Oh, also if you do the 15$ a month thing you get a 50$ gift card for Whole Foods Market, and the 5$ a month gets a 20$ gift card.

This is the website with all the info and anything I may have missed or misunderstood.
http://www.renewablechoice.com/m/wholefoods_1.html

sounds cool. I know there's wind power down here in texas, although I dont know if any of my power is from it.

btw, the word you're looking for is pamphlet.

I heard it took a wind farm the size of Texas just to run a city the size of New Orleans. Maybe that was with 1999 technology though?

[quote name='blackjaw']I heard it took a wind farm the size of Texas just to run a city the size of New Orleans. Maybe that was with 1999 technology though?[/quote]
Man... that blows.

:wall: :roll: :lol:

[quote name='blackjaw']I heard it took a wind farm the size of Texas just to run a city the size of New Orleans. Maybe that was with 1999 technology though?[/QUOTE]

Not anymore it doesn't.

OH MY GAWD! OWWW!! BURNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Zing.

[quote name='LiquidNight']sounds cool. I know there's wind power down here in texas, although I dont know if any of my power is from it.

btw, the word you're looking for is pamphlet.[/quote]

Thanks, Fixed.

bread's done
Back