Wind Waker play time counting DOWN????

pinatamonkey

CAGiversary!
I don't know what's going on. Recently I decided to actually *finish* WW... bought my cube like..oh... 2 YEARS ago with WW, got halfway through the game and started to play something else...kinda the norm for me, no matter how much I like a game, most of the time when I get semi-close to the end i just stop playing... and then 90% of the time when i want to finish the game I have no idea what to do when I left off, so i go and start a new game, and the cycle continues...

But to the point... I opened my save file 2 days ago and noted it showed around 5 and a half hours play time.... which i knew was absurd, because i was like halfway through the game and put way more time into it than that. Today, I go and start it up again, and this time my play time is showing less than 3 hours... 02:48:51...

What happens when I reach 00:00:00????????

[quote name='pinatamonkey']What happens when I reach 00:00:00????????[/QUOTE]
The countdown has begun! I suggest that you flee while you can!

titelbild.jpg

Could it be that it is showing the last time you saved (as in, 2:48 pm) instead of your total play time?

I don't recall Wind Waker ever keeping track of my play time.

you know you're probably right... at least it makes more sense...

'course it would be a hella lot easier to recognize as time if it didn't use a 24 hour clock leaving me with a save that has 13:xx:xx on it.

Have i mentioned i haven't played the game in a long time? the save i'm trying to finish was last saved in 2003, if not for me playing in the last week.

did you set up the correct time/date on the gamecube? did you have it unplugged? i know i have problems playing some xbox games if i don't have the time/date set up correctly.

I remember being confused myself. I'm almost sure it tells you what time of the day you saved it. Would make sense for total hours played though, right?

When you go to the save file, it displays the date and time when the file was saved. Not sure how anyone can confuse the time with the play time since there was a date there too.

Haha... I actually think the same thing in some games, where they tell you when you save instead of how long you've been playing.

bread's done
Back