Wind Waker Woes....

Kayden

Banned
After I get to the dragon nest area place... (the second or third place you go) I saved and then proceeded to wonder around. After following through the story and beating the boss there I decided to make one last lap around the island to talk to people. I try to go back into the center townish area and my screen goes black and tells my I need to power off my gamecube and consult my manual for details.

I don't have my manual here (two hours away at my parents) nor did it really tell me what to look up in the manual. Has anyone ever had this problem?

No. I gt past that part without any problems but I can imagine the GameCube feigning illness at the thought of more interminable sailing.

It did that to me with REmake and RE2...I have no idea why it did that, but it doesnt do it at a specific part either, it does it at random times (usually during a cutscene or going through a door) I still would also like to know why it does that, but it could be DRE's.

Eternal Darkness did something like that once for a couple seconds just to mess with me. I was pissed during it because I thought my GC had actually crashed, and didn't know it was just a trick.

I've had my GC for about 2-3 years and its never given me a problem... but then I havent really played it. For a year the only one to play it was my 6 year old sister. Even though shed just walk off the edge, she loved Smash Bros Melee. (No, she isn't the cause. She wasn't allowed to touch the GC or change games, nor did she tug on the system/controller. I made sure the rules were clear before I let her play.)

Make sure the ventilation areas on the left and right sides of your Gamecube aren't blocked. That gave me a error message when I was playing Metroid Prime once.

I've only gotten 3 error mesages since I had my cube (Launch model) and all 3 times were because my fan was dusty. I assume you've already tried that but, if not, then give it a go. I'm surprised that you've been having so many problems though. Have you considered it to be a faulty disc? There's usually one in every batch. Back in my GS days, every 9 or 10 shipments of a game we'd get one that either had no game on it at all, or was just faulty.

I have a near launch Cube and have never had a problem with it. I would recommend the moving of the Cube to an open area. Don't cover the vents!

The only time I had something similar happen to me was when I was playing XIII. It must have been the disc because everything else played fine.

[quote name='Kayden']Hmm.... I moved my cube into a little corner because I don't use it...[/quote]

Well thats why its giving you errors. The cube doesn't like being mistreated.

[quote name='cynicallywired'][quote name='Kayden']Hmm.... I moved my cube into a little corner because I don't use it...[/quote]

Well thats why its giving you errors. The cube doesn't like being mistreated.[/quote]

True.

Read it in my EGM I just got today....

Did you all know that if you preorder the next Zelda with at least $10 down beginning April 1st, they will include a copy of Wind Waker that has the "grown up" look to it? It also has 2 entire dungeons that were scrapped from the cell shaded version because they thought it would have been to large for all ages to play.

I have a lauch Cube, and the only problem I had with it was that I got a DRE once when I was playing Skies of Arcadia: Legends.

[quote name='whitebred']Read it in my EGM I just got today....

Did you all know that if you preorder the next Zelda with at least $10 down beginning April 1st, they will include a copy of Wind Waker that has the "grown up" look to it? It also has 2 entire dungeons that were scrapped from the cell shaded version because they thought it would have been to large for all ages to play.[/quote]

April 1st is April Fools Day... this is an April Fools joke. Sorry.

The article doesn't seem to be trying to trick anyone into believing this. I Remember when gamepro (4-5 years ago when I had a subscription) always did it in their april issue, but it was obvious it was all crap. This one is located 56 pages in and right next to the charts for the top selling games of the month.

Yeah it must be fake cuz they have GTA SA listed as the top seller and top rental at blockbuster.... I didn't even know that game existed, let alone seen a commercial for it, overheard 900 people talking about it, or even played it myself.

[quote name='whitebred']Yeah it must be fake cuz they have GTA SA listed as the top seller and top rental at blockbuster.... I didn't even know that game existed, let alone seen a commercial for it, overheard 900 people talking about it, or even played it myself.[/quote]

Whitebred ur an idiot!!
Maybe you should do a search on this thing called google... that is if you knew it existed, heard of it before, went to the site yourself, blah blah...

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cach...&page=0+preorder+april+1+zelda+gamecube&hl=en

[quote name='tdphillips'][quote name='opportunity777']Just stop playing it sucks anyways.[/quote]

Yes it does.[/quote]

Where's the love? My Cube gets more play time than my XBox, and I'm 23 years old. Anyone who says the Gamecube is "just a kiddy system" is too narrow-minded.

Meanwhile, we have people typing run-on sentences who play PS2.

[quote name='Maverick CRV'][quote name='tdphillips'][quote name='opportunity777']Just stop playing it sucks anyways.[/quote]

Yes it does.[/quote]

Where's the love? My Cube gets more play time than my XBox, and I'm 23 years old. Anyone who says the Gamecube is "just a kiddy system" is too narrow-minded.

Meanwhile, we have people typing run-on sentences who play PS2.[/quote]

nintendo will always carry the true spirit of video games, no matter what i play it dosen't make me feel like a nintendo system does.

I prefer the animation style of ocarina of time and majoras mask , thank god the next zelda won't have the animation style like the wind waker, i did enjoy the wind waker but the next zelda will be enjoyed even more.

Any ideas, a few weeks ago I was cleaning out my memory card to make room and I deleted my windwaker game. I had just beaten the Earth and Wind temple. I do have an action replay. Which I incidently just picked up. Any ideas? Really don't wanna play through all that again. I need Heeeeeeelp.

[quote name='DenisDFat']wind waker made up for the abomination that was Ocarina of TIme[/quote]
You feeling angry? Go kick down some more magazine racks :eek:
OoT was way better than Wind Waker.

Anyway, that's a dirty lens. Go clean it with Q-Tip and some isopropyl alcohol solution.

you prefer crap

oot was ugly and a bore to play

same thing wil happen with the next Zelda.

stupid nintendo.

[quote name='shadow9689'][quote name='DenisDFat']wind waker made up for the abomination that was Ocarina of TIme[/quote]
You feeling angry? Go kick down some more magazine racks :eek:
OoT was way better than Wind Waker.

Anyway, that's a dirty lens. Go clean it with Q-Tip and some isopropyl alcohol solution.[/quote]

I just got done playing RE4 without a single problem and then I went on to Pikmin 2. WW was the only problem child.

[quote name='DenisDFat']you prefer crap

oot was ugly and a bore to play

same thing wil happen with the next Zelda.

stupid nintendo.[/quote]
Ignore people who compain like him. It's just to get a reaction, and annoy people. Talking back just encoureges them.

bread's done
Back