Windows 7 Pro Upgrade (STUDENT EMAIL REQUIRED!) - $30

Thanks I grabbed this for my laptop which had win 7 home, just used the anytime upgrade entered the key rebooted twice and now I have the extra features I needed. Sure beats $80 or whatever they wanted for the "anytime upgrade"

Ugh, If only there was an sale on the ultimate upgrade....one of my machines is still running Vista Home Premium and I really don't want to do a clean install :/

haha thanks! i too kadvantage of this offer last year. i actually just installed it today. however, i switched schools so now i can use my other email :D

[quote name='Scorch']Is this only for a download or will I get a physical copy?[/QUOTE]

When I did it last summer you could get a physical copy (which I did) but you had to pay extra. I forget how much it was, like $10-15 I think.

I was glad I got it as I had got it for my girlfriend's desktop then, but was able to upgrade my work laptop with it recently as well (was having problems from viruses etc. so it was time to do a restore).

Nice, thanks! My buddy is almost ready to do his build, and I figured I'll get one now for my eventual build in a year or so.

[quote name='icedrake523']I'm guessing this is a no, but can you use the upgrade on more than 1 computer?[/QUOTE]

I bought it last fall in the same $30 deal and used it on my desktop then, and then on my work laptop a couple weeks ago. Both activated without any issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
They'll activate, but it's supposed to keep record of the computer's makeup, and if that changes drastically it will cause you to have to call them. Having it on two totally different suystems would probably cause that eventually.

Oh well, if that happens I'll deactivate the desktop. It's an old piece of crap that I seldom use anyway. Needs to hit a recycling bin soon anyway.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Will this work as a fresh install, or only upgrade? I want to install on my MacBook using bootcamp and dual boot each OS.[/QUOTE]

Do a fresh install, then reinstall again as an upgrade. The Product Key will work on the 2nd install. I did it and it worked flawlessly.

[quote name='torosama']I literally bought this a week ago for 70. Now I'm just pissed.... (sigh)[/QUOTE]

If you call them, they might give you credit back. Microsoft has a history of returning money to users. Just be honest with them and explain it to them.

bread's done
Back