Windows Live OneCare 2.0 FREE after MIR!

FeNoM91

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
ENJOY!

Product Features
  • All-in-one security from Microsoft protects personal and financial documents from the latest viruses, worms, hackers, spyware, and online identity scams
  • Automate "janitorial tasks," including disk cleaning and defragmentation, to help improve PC performance
  • Easily back up your files to a CD, DVD, external hard drive, locally networked computers, or most USB-connected storage devices
  • Protect your PC from outside security threats while keeping things on the inside running smoothly
  • Works with Microsoft Update to help ensure that your computer is up-to-date with the latest security and critical updates

[quote name='help1']What does it do?[/quote]

It's pretty much a computer maintenance program. Pretty good! I'll add some info to the original post.

Just beware that if you already have this program and are buying to get another year on to your subscription that I have heard from individuals that you CANNOT add it to your current account. I've been told that it's not possible to use a new kit to "renew" your subscription. If you attempt to register it to a Windows Live account that already has OneCare on it, you'll get an error message and it won't work for you.

I have not personally confirmed, but just a head up.

---EDIT----

I stand corrected I see a search confirms that you can use this to upgrade a current subscription:

From the Microsoft forums:

"You can renew with a retail key at any time (and often save money in the process...as online renewal is at the full retail price for your region).

Go to https://billing.microsoft.com and sign in with your subscription LiveID. (Open OneCare and click help/about to view the subscription LiveID)

Select the OneCare subscription and click on the renew link.

Choose the option to renew with a prepaid PIN or token which is the retail product key.

Enter the 25 character key and proceed.

It can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare."

bread's done
Back