Windows Media Player 10 question...

GundamFan

CAGiversary!
I just ripped a bunch of tracks from a burned CD and stored it in Mp3 format. The titles of the songs are Unknown tracks 1, 2, 3 etc. However when I try to rename the files with advanced tag editor or rename option WMP locks up. Can anyone help me out??

[quote name='Vegan']The best solution here is: Don't use Windows Media Player. For anything.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, use something else. WMP just causes headaches.

[quote name='GundamFan']I just ripped a bunch of tracks from a burned CD and stored it in Mp3 format. The titles of the songs are Unknown tracks 1, 2, 3 etc. However when I try to rename the files with advanced tag editor or rename option WMP locks up. Can anyone help me out??[/QUOTE]

Get iTunes and use that to rip CDs. It's interface lets you for entering the same data for multiple songs. Like, if you ripped a CD from one artist, you can high all the songs on the playlist and enter the artist name, album title, etc. on every song. And then edit individual songs to put in names and such.

And yeah, don't use WMP for anythiing. Get VLC Player for all your media playing needs (it plays every format of video, even Quicktime, Real, and MPEG4).:)

[quote name='Vinny']Get iTunes and use that to rip CDs. It's interface lets you for entering the same data for multiple songs. Like, if you ripped a CD from one artist, you can high all the songs on the playlist and enter the artist name, album title, etc. on every song. And then edit individual songs to put in names and such.

And yeah, don't use WMP for anythiing. Get VLC Player for all your media playing needs (it plays every format of video, even Quicktime, Real, and MPEG4).:)[/QUOTE]
ugh, iTunes = crap.

If you want to rip audio CDs, use something like CDDA Ripper (fast), EAC (extremely high quality, but slow) or DbPoweramp (all in one encoder, slowish).

If you want to convert to mp3, use Lame with a front end. I use RazorLame for all of my eneds. THe usual CBR bitrate, the command line I use is: -b 192 -h, where -h = high quality and 192 = bitrate. For VBR, look at r3mix. If you want AAC, look at the FAAC plug in for dbpoweramp. I typically encode at q=150 (I noticed artifacts at q = 100). Stay away from iTunes for anything but connecting stuff to your iPod.

It's great how helpful people are. :roll: After the first few replies I was expecting someone to suggest "use linux" or "kill yourself".

I use WMP10 for my mp3 ripping/burning/playing needs and it hasn't failed me.

[quote name='kakomu']If you want to convert to mp3, use Lame with a front end. I use RazorLame for all of my eneds. THe usual CBR bitrate, the command line I use is: -b 192 -h, where -h = high quality and 192 = bitrate. For VBR, look at r3mix.[/QUOTE]
r3mix (both the site and the command-line setting) hasn't been recommended for years. Visit Hydrogenaudio for audio encoding information.

[quote name='Zing']It's great how helpful people are. :roll: After the first few replies I was expecting someone to suggest "use linux" or "kill yourself".

I use WMP10 for my mp3 ripping/burning/playing needs and it hasn't failed me.

r3mix (both the site and the command-line setting) hasn't been recommended for years. Visit Hydrogenaudio for audio encoding information.[/QUOTE]
Why fool around with one player when they're a dime a dozen and they all do the same crap?

bread's done
Back