Windows Startup Sounds on PC Question

Terabyte7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
Does anyone know of a program that will let you play random sounds/music (or select from a playlist) when your PC starts up? I want something new whenever my PC boots up. Thanks in advance!

Umm why not just replace the default with something new? In windows themes...I replaced mine with the starting intro from super metroid ^_^

Because I want something different every time I start up my PC, without having to change it every time I turn my system on.

Oh..I didnt really understand. You could probably write a batch file to select a random file within a folder that plays on startup. Or you could grab a cdplayer and play a song on it when you turn on your pc XD

[quote name='Riyonuk']Oh..I didnt really understand. You could probably write a batch file to select a random file within a folder that plays on startup. Or you could grab a cdplayer and play a song on it when you turn on your pc XD[/quote]

Well, I don't really know how to write a batch fle that would select a random song from with a folder to play, but if such a thing could be done, surely there exists somewhere a program that can accomplish this? Also, playing a song on my CD player defeats the purpose of havng my computer play the song when it boots up, and sounds quite foolish.

[quote name='Riyonuk']Umm why not just replace the default with something new? In windows themes...I replaced mine with the starting intro from super metroid ^_^[/QUOTE]

How would you go about doing that? I would love for Blood and Thunder by Mastodon to play everytime I start up my PC.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']How would you go about doing that? I would love for Blood and Thunder by Mastodon to play everytime I start up my PC.[/quote]

You just have to go into Sounds (and Audio Devices) in your control panel, and change the default sound file for "Start Windows".

My problem is that I want that file to change randomly and automatically every time I boot up my PC, so that I don't know what I'm going to get to listen to when I do.

bread's done
Back