[Winner announced] Nerdaway: Win an Xbox 360 with Phantasy Star Universe

Grave_Addiction

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Hey guys, I just wanted to inform you about my new project, Seganerds.com - a Sega-specific blog that will bring you all the goods you want about Sega.

In celebration of Sega Nerd’s grand opening, we’re holding the Nerdaway, a giveaway blitzkrieg that is guaranteed to rock your socks off. Every Friday, we’ll hold a different Nerdaway giving away Sega-related gaming merchandise. It could be a Sega console, an old-school game, a new game or that ultra-rare copy of Sonic Loves Tails. You’ll never know what the prize is until the winner is announced.

And to get things started, I’ll be nice and let you know the prize ahead of time. It’s a brand-spanking new Xbox 360 Premium with a copy of Phantasy Star Universe. With each Nerdaway, we’ll have you do something different to prove your worth.

[Update] We have announced the winner of the Nerdaway.

Congrats on the site. Here's an Sega homage I did (shortly after the announcement of the discontinuation of the Dreamcast) working at TechTV/Extended Play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzwCXg--GVg

It was a bit of a rush job (I shouldn't have put too many multiplatform games) but deadlines in television can be quite hellish.

Moreover, when TechTV was based in S.F., we actually shared the same building as Sega. One benefit was that we got invited to their fire sales. Perhaps I can find time to write a thorough account in the seganerds.com forum about the unbelievable sale they had in 2001. Would you believe that they had Shining Force IIIs for a $1?

Thanks, I entered. Although, I clicked on the image of the Xbox 360... so my comment was left under that, as well as the "contest" page. So don't think I'm trying to enter twice. :D

I'm in OP. Growing up I was always given Nintendo products, so of course I was somewhat of a fanboy when I was around my friends who owned SEGA consoles. Once I moved out of mom's house I could buy my own stuff and the first system to hit was the good ol' Dreamcast. That thing blew me away. Since buying the DC I've been able to score other SEGA consoles; Genesis 1/2/3, SEGA CD, Game Gear, Saturn. Nintendo will always be on top for getting me into gaming, but there is a special place in my heart for SEGA now.:)

I actually thought about Dreamcasters Realm last night, and then went to check on the site.

Glad to see you've got something going, Grave. Good luck!

[quote name='gmoney1234567890']i registered on the website, but the password isnt working which i got from the e-mail. ill give it some time and hopefully it works later.[/quote]

Hmmm, that’s strange. If you are still having problems, PM me, and I’ll manually activate your account.

[quote name='Rig']I actually thought about Dreamcasters Realm last night, and then went to check on the site.

Glad to see you've got something going, Grave. Good luck![/quote]

Yeah man, I was sad to see DCR go, but to be honest, there just aren’t enough things going on in the DC scene to keep a site going. We’ve had Sega Nerds in the planning stages for a long, long time, and it’s just been now that we’ve been able to get it going.

Hopefully, people will like the site and keep coming back. Not only are we going to deliver all the Sega news and features, but we also want to do it in a fun, laid-back style that people liked from DCR.

[quote name='normalmode']Congrats on the site. Here's an Sega homage I did (shortly after the announcement of the discontinuation of the Dreamcast) working at TechTV/Extended Play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzwCXg--GVg

It was a bit of a rush job (I shouldn't have put too many multiplatform games) but deadlines in television can be quite hellish.

Moreover, when TechTV was based in S.F., we actually shared the same building as Sega. One benefit was that we got invited to their fire sales. Perhaps I can find time to write a thorough account in the seganerds.com forum about the unbelievable sale they had in 2001. Would you believe that they had Shining Force IIIs for a $1?[/quote]

That’s actually pretty interesting, man. If you’d like to write something up, I’d definitely be interested in posting it on Sega Nerds. The site isn’t just about Sega of today, but also what they’ve done in the past, and this is exactly the kind of stuff I’m looking for.

If you’re interested in writing something, please PM me here or at the Sega Nerds forums, and we can talk specifics.

So today's the day right? Hope I win lol, but I doubt it. Any idea when you'll announce the winner? I'll be going away for the weekend later, but if nothing else I'll just check when I get to my destination :p *crosses fingers*

EDIT: Nevermind, should have read the actual post on the site closer I misinterpreted the "every Friday we'll have a Nerdaway" to mean you'd be announcing the winner on Friday.

[quote name='Sooner']So today's the day right? Hope I win lol, but I doubt it. Any idea when you'll announce the winner? I'll be going away for the weekend later, but if nothing else I'll just check when I get to my destination :p *crosses fingers*[/QUOTE]

From the contest page:

"After a two weeks from now, we’ll randomly select a winner from everyone who commented."

The contest started Oct. 25th.

^Lol, I feel really stupid now. I read that but for some reason the 2 week thing escaped me. I was thinking they were going to announce the winner on Friday because he said they were going to have a giveaway each week. I thought it was pretty crazy to have a prize that big and only run the contest a couple days, but I wasn't gonna question it :p

32x for the win. I just wish that the whole thing plugged in together did not have 3 wall warts! What were they thinking with that....:hot:

Hooray
segalogo2.gif
!! :D

Note - SEGA graphic is on my paid picserver so if anybody likes/loves it, feel free to copy or hotlink it.

Entered. Pretty nice site. It's weird that Sega still has just as many loyal fans as Nintendo, but it's true. I was late to the Sega party, but I can respect their games.

Not trying to kiss up - but excellent site BTW. I love the idea of Sega page given that some many other people/groups have done nothing but bash on the past generation of games from them.

I really hope I win though - I could really use the 360!

Hey there. I finally got around to looking and commenting a bit. Is it out of line to put in a request for some Mega Drive articles if possible?

bread's done
Back