WINNER ANNOUNCED: Win A Free Game Every Month! New Link Contest (Contest Over)

poisonedpawn45

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
EDIT 01 April 08 (not a joke ;))

CONTEST WINNER ANNOUNCED:

:applause: CONGRATULATIONS NAIKU!!!! :applause:

Naiku placed a link in his sig and he won a free game of his choice!
Game choices and shipping address are being confirmed at this time. Will update this post soon, hopefully with a pic of the winner holding his game! (Naiku, send me one via PM when you get your game in a few days!)

Thank you to all who entered. We ended up getting around 25 entries, the odds were pretty good.

Unfortunately, the contest is over at this time, as I was not able to get it extended for another month.

Thanks again to all who entered, and Naiku, enjoy your free game from RatesOnCarInsurance.com !!

Just got the go-ahead from Cheapy, so here we go!

I work for a car insurance company, and was able to get a new contest set up with them for free video games! Here are the details:

http://www.ratesoncarinsurance.com/linktous.htm

From the site:
----
We are proud to announce our newest contest:

Link and Win Video Gaming Products!

Being gamers ourselves, we thought about how to best combine our hobby and our work. We are giving away one (1) video game of your choice (up to $70!) in exchange for linking to our website: http://www.RatesOnCarInsurance.com

Rules:
1: One Winner will be selected per month. This may increase in the future.

2: Just write a post containing links to us using the text "car insurance" or some variation of car insurance quotes, auto insurance quotes, etc. Create a small post or a couple paragraphs writing about the site, and how it can be used to save money & compare rates to get the best deal. Or, use this code:

Car Insurance - Rates and Quote Comparison Service. Save Money On Your Auto Insurance Today.

3: Winners will be posted here (selected on the 1st day of the next month):
March: NAIKU

4: Please, no links on myspace.com, livejournal.com, blogspot.com, wordpress.com, vox.com, xanga.com. Limit 10 entries per unique domain, per month. One entry per person, per month. Open to US Residents, 18 and over. No spamming of any kind allowed.

5: Email me at: [email protected] with your name, shipping address, URL where you placed the link, and a 1st & 2nd choice of game.

-----

Basically, I am giving away a free game of your choice for any system (PS3/360/Wii/PC) up to $70, every month, just for a post or link on your website/blog! Winners will be posted here as well as on the website each month. First drawing will be April 1, for the previous month (or so) of links. If all goes well, I hope to extend the contest each month!

Please let me know what you think, and how I can make this contest better!

Pawn45

EDIT: Please don't place the link on 'questionable' sites ;) I'd like to keep my job haha.

SIG links are accepted as well!

[quote name='bugsomeoneelse']One winner per month? I'm going to go buy a lotto ticket. Better odds.[/quote]

At the moment, it is one winner a month (just to get it started). The bigger the community involvement, the more prizes we can afford to give out.

We are expecting around 15-20 entries a month (or so) to start, so a 1 in 20 chance to win a new game should be pretty good odds.

As for placing the link in your sig, that would be fine. Just be sure to send an email to the [email protected] address with your info to make the entry official.

Actually I cant sig it because I just found out you have to have been a member for a month to sig something. But Ill post the link on multiple forums for you!

I might be up for this. So basically if you're chosen you get to pick any new game you want, and it's mailed to you? There's no preset list or anything right?

[quote name='blackhole82']I might be up for this. So basically if you're chosen you get to pick any new game you want, and it's mailed to you? There's no preset list or anything right?[/quote]

Exactly. Choose any game you want up to $70. No preset list to choose from. Get what you want :).

I'll buy the game brand new and ship it to you with a tracking #.

This doesnt sound too bad..... I mean, its basically a free chance to get a game, for participating in a bit of viral marketing. They get hits on their website, and we get a chance at a free game.

Count me in. :)

I think this is awesome, im sure once people will hear about it more people will enter. This is probably my best chance to win anything so thanks for making this contest! Good Luck to Everyone and Thanks poisonedpawn45!

Read the directions at the top. send an email with your name, address and links to where u linked the website and send.

Thanks OP

Do you have a small banner/button that I could use instead? I have a gaming site and wouldn't mind linking it there; just a long line of text would look tacky. Otherwise, I will just place it in my sig.

[quote name='Darklighter']Do you have a small banner/button that I could use instead? I have a gaming site and wouldn't mind linking it there; just a long line of text would look tacky. Otherwise, I will just place it in my sig.[/quote]

I have a small 88x31 button, can be seen here:

http://www.ratesoncarinsurance.com/bnsml.jpg

bnsml.jpg

I am not a graphic designer, so the.. ahem... "quality" isn't exactly top notch heh.

[quote name='bigindian4891']Is there going to be any junk mail sent to the address? What will come in the mail?[/quote]

No junk mail will ever be mailed or emailed to you. The only contact you will receive either in your email or at your address is your winner notification (your free game). Winners will be posted on this thread as well. I just ask everyone who enters to email me so that it is easier to tally up who is entered, and to get their top 2 game choices should they win.

Your info will not be sold, shared, or given to anyone, ever. No worries :)

Just a few questions. Does it have to be one game or could you choose like 2 $30 games? Could you get gaming accessories like a controller? Once you have the link in your sig are you only in the contest for one month or is it as long as we have the link? Thanks for your help!

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Just a few questions. Does it have to be one game or could you choose like 2 $30 games? Could you get gaming accessories like a controller? Once you have the link in your sig are you only in the contest for one month or is it as long as we have the link? Thanks for your help![/quote]

At the moment, it is limited to 1 game/item choice. However, controllers or accessories should be fine. Just make it something I can easily find please :) I will order them from Amazon or a local retailer, so I will probably have a harder time finding rare or older titles (even if they are cheaper).

If you keep the link in your sig (either on this site or other sites), you are entered for each month that the contest runs. All you need to do is resend your email to me saying it is still in your sig each month (this helps me keep track of the recent entries, and lets you update your game choices if you want).

Hope this helps, and thank you to all who are entering!

I was wondering if it was possible for you to message the winner before ordering one of their two games of choice. I can't exactly remember what I picked and since my b-day is coming up I know ill be picking up a few titles. Thanks again.

[quote name='SpitFire158']Can the games be an upcoming game like Vegas 2?[/quote]

Yes, not a problem at all.

[quote name='naiku']I was wondering if it was possible for you to message the winner before ordering one of their two games of choice. I can't exactly remember what I picked and since my b-day is coming up I know ill be picking up a few titles. Thanks again.[/quote]

I will send an email to the winner asking them to confirm their information and their game choice.

Happy upcoming birthday!

bread's done
Back