[Winners Announced] CONTEST: Coded Arms (PSP) Prize Pack

Coded Arms is a lot of fun. Yeah the controls take a little getting used to but after about five to ten minuites it becomes second nature. My friend has it and has enjoyed the hell out of it. I've borrowed it a few times, but can't really afford shelling out money for games all the time. That's why I come here :p to get the best gaming for my dollar.

[quote name='daikaiju']I'm curious to know how Coded Arms pulls off the whole FPS control scheme with the PSP only having the one analog stick....hope I get to find out :D[/QUOTE]

Not very well. Mediocre game with lousy controls. Know how Untold Legends is a dream in terms of controlling movement and actions? This isn't.

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer']I'm really glad that Konami attempted the impossible and put a FPS on a handheld. This demonstrates what the PSP can do.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you want *better* FPS on handheld, you could get it on the GBA in the form of Duke Nukem Advance. Not to mention the controls ... if anything the comparison to Rogue Agent on the DS makes it clear that the PSP has an uphill struggle to make *playable* FPS games. Sure it is pretty, but the playability is sorely lacking.

That said - SIGN ME UP.

Hey, it isn't great, but fun enough for a little romp.

Mike

Screw reviews, I think this game looks great. Then again, I'm a sucker for FPS games too! Can't wait for the opportunity to play it...

I have always wanted to give Coded Arms a try since it sounds interesting the way the levels are randomly generated. Could it lead to a good amount of replayability? I guess I hope to win the game so I can find out!

I must be completely honest, I don't recall reading any reviews about this game but i've read so many lately perhaps it slipped my mind. Looks decent from the screan shot though.

It looks like more than half of these responses have the words 'Coded Arms' in their message, so I won't be one to buck the trend. Please let me win!

I'd love to get this game as i am a sucker for FPS, and was looking forward to it's release. With the randolmy generated levels it will take a while to get boring. Alas i am currently saving all my spare money for the Xbox360 launch and decided not to buy any games untill after i get the X360.

I once Coded my Arms in jelly, and then tried to catch a midget. Long story short, don't do drugs, stay in work, and drink your school.

Sign me up.

I rented it at Blockbuster. It's not bad considering it's the first FPS, but sadly, you need a dual-analog to really do it right.

The say the controls for Coded Arms on the PSP are a little wonky, but you can get used to them. Gotta be weird without the two analogs though.

This doesn't have wifi, does it?

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! My arms are all coded! I guess someone is trying to tell me I need to play coded arms. Please enter me.

Hopefully the control sensitivity won't diminish the graphics. I hate it when the screen zips by because I am pointing my gun all over the place. Cool prize pack.

This is the only game since release I am thinking about buying - instead Ill take a free one!!!!

PSP FTW!
twylight

Tried it on a friends psp, the graphics are pretty good, although the controls could be better. But for a 1st gen game, its awesome

:D [quote name='CheapyD']Win a Coded Arms (movies/screenshots) Prize Pack by posting in this thread.
Your post must be related to Coded Arms somehow.

codedarms.jpg

You may post as many times as you wish, but that will NOT increase your chances of winning.

The Prize Pack constists of the game, guide, and Game Informer year subscription:

And one of these shirts from Combo Clothing

Contest ends 8/5/05. One entry per person. Winner must be in the USA.[/QUOTE]

I thought from the previews that Coded Arms was going to be awesome. However the reviews seem to either hate it or love it, so quite possibly I will love it. Sign me up!

bread's done
Back