Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 Discussion Thread

MadFlava

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey, I know that there are only a few CAG's that play soccer games but I just thought I start a thread to discuss the imminent release of Winning Eleven: Pro Soccer 2007 on Feb 6.

I'm pretty hyped up for this game even though the gameplay improvements over WE 9 aren't as big. Also, the PS2 and Xbox 360 will be very different games from each other as the 360 version doesn't sport the awesome player/team editor yet. Hopefully, next year Konami can truly give us a next gen Winning Eleven game. But at least it's a great final hurrah for the PS2 WE series.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']I bought FIFA 06 after the World Cup last year. I thought it was pretty fun, but I hear WE is even better.[/quote]

Here's a comparison of the both games versions on the 360.
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=759694

Personally, I prefer the PS2 version because it has the edit mode and more stadiums. I can do without next gen graphics for one more year. By far, the Winning Eleven series is my favorite sports series ever. Back in the the 90's it was EA's NHL, then Konami's International Super Star Soccer on N64, now it is Winning Eleven on PS2. The gameplay is so much fun and the game engine actually feels like soccer, where the ball is detached from the player. I've been playing WE2007 non stop since it was released and I haven't scored the same goal twice yet. Plus when you score, you feel like you earned it, like you accomplished an amazing feat in the game. For example I was playing as Classic France being stiffled by Classic Italy's defense for 90+ minutes. Then finally in injury time my players put together a moment of brilliance, Zidane made an amazing run down the middle to dish it off to Cantona right before he got tackled, Cantona then quickly passed it off to a streaking Platini on the left, leaving Platini one on one with the last defender at the top of the box. Platini then fake left but then goes right to give himself one foot of open space just enough to take a shot, The 21 yard shot curls into the far side of the net around the goalie to win the game. It was just brilliant and I saved the replay so that I can watch over and over again.

BTW, for those out there that are Winning Eleven fanatics. I've been helping out Pategato at the PESgaming forum with his update to his latest WE2007 save game that has corrected licensing for all the unlicensed teams in the game. So it now has the entire EPL and several German and South American teams in it. I've been working on player appearances for the classic players so they actually look like the people they are supposed to be. Anyway, when it is finished I'll post a download in this thread.

[quote name='MadFlava']BTW, for those out there that are Winning Eleven fanatics. I've been helping out Pategato at the PESgaming forum with his update to his latest WE2007 save game that has corrected licensing for all the unlicensed teams in the game. So it now has the entire EPL and several German and South American teams in it. I've been working on player appearances for the classic players so they actually look like the people they are supposed to be. Anyway, when it is finished I'll post a download in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Does it have Cup play at all in a season? How about Championship-League 2 teams?

If it...oh wait, you're probably talking about the PS2 version. Nevermind, I'll just wait for FIFA 08.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Interesting. Does it have Cup play at all in a season? How about Championship-League 2 teams?

If it...oh wait, you're probably talking about the PS2 version. Nevermind, I'll just wait for FIFA 08.[/quote]

Yes it does, you can play a single season with cup play with any of the leagues, EPL, French, Serie A, La Liga, Eredivisie. Then there is also the Master League where you can take a team from a lower division through promotion and then complete in a league very similar to the Champions league. The Master League also has domestic Cup games too and a version of the Uefa Cup if you don't make it to the Champions League. Master league is awesome because it tries to simulate European Club Football. You even have the option to have player ageing and can develop youth players also. The transfer system is also cool. You can even loan out players to rival clubs if you don't have a place for them in your team but want them to get playing time to develop.

[quote name='MadFlava']Yes it does, you can play a single season with cup play with any of the leagues, EPL, French, Serie A, La Liga, Eredivisie. Then there is also the Master League where you can take a team from a lower division through promotion and then complete in a league very similar to the Champions league. The Master League also has domestic Cup games too and a version of the Uefa Cup if you don't make it to the Champions League. Master league is awesome because it tries to simulate European Club Football. You even have the option to have player ageing and can develop youth players also. The transfer system is also cool. You can even loan out players to rival clubs if you don't have a place for them in your team but want them to get playing time to develop.[/QUOTE]

Cool. But if you can't edit players (which you can't on 360), it's a pass for me. I'll just wait until they make one you can edit, or a decent version of Fifa.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Cool. But if you can't edit players (which you can't on 360), it's a pass for me. I'll just wait until they make one you can edit, or a decent version of Fifa.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm waiting for the next winning eleven before I make the jump to next gen. I need edit mode because I like putting my own team into the game. But you should also consider Winning Eleven 9 for Xbox. It's a Backward Compatible game that puts it in progressive and widescreen. There are some awesome game saves for the Xbox version out there that have the actually license badges edited into the game. Even a EPL, Coca Cola Championship game save. You should be able to find it for cheap used now that the new game is out.

[quote name='MadFlava']Yeah, I'm waiting for the next winning eleven before I make the jump to next gen. I need edit mode because I like putting my own team into the game. But you should also consider Winning Eleven 9 for Xbox. It's a Backward Compatible game that puts it in progressive and widescreen. There are some awesome game saves for the Xbox version out there that have the actually license badges edited into the game. Even a EPL, Coca Cola Championship game save. You should be able to find it for cheap used now that the new game is out.[/QUOTE]

I had it when it first came out, but couldn't get into it because of the licensing. I currently have FIFA 07 for Xbox, and I'm giving that a go. May not be the best thing out there, but it's playable. Just sucks having to use a controller you can't turn off the console with. ;)

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I had it when it first came out, but couldn't get into it because of the licensing. I currently have FIFA 07 for Xbox, and I'm giving that a go. May not be the best thing out there, but it's playable. Just sucks having to use a controller you can't turn off the console with. ;)[/quote]

man, licensing isn't a problem with Winning Eleven optionfiles. By getting a Max drive you can download game saves that have all the corrected names, team crest, and uniforms. Its quite nice because you can essentially make any team in the world that you want using the editor.

I made a thread asking about any Xport option files for the PS2 version (thread), since all I can find right now are Max drive files. no worries, itll come i know...thanks for your work!

Yea, i'm workin my second run through ML with the default team on the highest difficulty. Almost made it to the 2nd season my 1st go around...good times! I find it harder and harder to push myself through the training mode every year...

I can't wait for an online league mode (I guess once they have enough league/team licenses that'll be no problem). I thought I read in an interview Seabass said we could use our custom ML teams online this time, but I guess not...They should just assign players points and have each team of 11 hold a max # of points (to avoid too many boring super teams). I also wish I could loan out my young players to gain experience...so many little things I'm afraid they'll never put in!

bread's done
Back