Wipeout Pulse Official Thread-Release Date 2-14-08!

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
straight from the producer of the game on Playstation blog

link to blog

Official Wipeout Pulse site

This is his post on page 2 of the Blog

Daimion Pinnock | November 29th, 2007 at 12:52 pm

Hey all,

It’s been really interesting to read the comments that you’ve been making here. I really appreciate the feedback that you’ve given.

I thought I’d take this opportunity to give you a date that you can put in your calendars. The US release date for Pulse is February 12th 08.

I’ve read a few comments about people wanting downloadable versions of games. I understand the need for this, but there are also a lot of consumers that don’t have a 1 or 2 GM memory sticks, not to mention that a lot of gamers including myself like to have the manual and packaging when purchasing a title. Still I’m sure there will be more downloadable content available on the PSP going forward.

Hmm, I am indeed a UFC fan and of course due to my avatar, I’m a huge Rampage fan, in fact I’m looking forward to seeing him fighting again.. As to whether I look like Rampage, hmm maybe slightly, but only when dates on my products start to slip!.. anyway I digressed a little there..

For everyone that is asking about Wipeout HD, all I’ll say for now is that this WILL be coming for the PS3 and that you should watch this space.

So… back to Pulse, this will have 8 player infrastructure and ad-hoc modes available, and we’re planning to allow players to play against each other worldwide. The ship customization basically allows you to edit the skin that’s there, we’ve had some artists come up with some pretty amazing designs, so it will be interesting to see what you guys come up with.

Anyway, I’ll holla at you all soon and will answer a few more questions/comments

Later

2072639570_082dfa32df.jpg

2072639440_5271f6fea3.jpg

2071845601_bb4023513f.jpg

2071845527_245f4f59c1.jpg

2072639130_6133154831.jpg

2071845453_3eb3462df4.jpg

From what I've read, another cool feature of Pulse is that you can use music on the memory stick for in game music. That feature + online mode + only $29.99 has me interested.

I think Wipeout Pure is still one of the best games on the PSP and if what they are saying about this one is true, I can't wait.

[quote name='Nephilim']I think Wipeout Fusion is still one of the best games on the PSP and if what they are saying about this one is true, I can't wait.[/quote]

Oh dude that's the sorta crappy PS2 game. Pure is the one you mean.

Finally a date. But I still find it lame that they didn't have a simultanious worldwide release. But it's Europe and they never get anything.

THIS IS A KICK ASS GAME! A 60 FPS!!! And all that graphic! I WOULD recommend this GAME! Expecially because the psp can play this game in 333MHZ!!!

They could really do a good job with the online aspect of the game. Hopefully they'll have some other game modes besides just races, tournaments, time trials, and that race till you die mode. Im really pumped; It's a great franchise.

EDIT: I thought we were talking about WipEout HD for the PS3. But the same could still be said for WipeOut Pulse. But isn't WipEout Pulse already out in Europe and Australia? You all could be importing!

[quote name='Foo228']doesn't make sense to release a racer on valentine's day...

but it's lookin good nonetheless[/quote]
Sure it does. Most guys won't get a valentine's day gift til the last minute, so while you are out, you can head on over to your local EB or whatever and pick up a copy before you head home! It's also great insurance in case your Valentine's day gift bombs, as you'll have something new to play while you spend the night on the couch. :lol:

oh man, this game is almost out and I am excited...however, not sure if I should take the plunge on this or wait and save the cash for GoW:CoO. I could see myself getting both, but I really don't have that kind of time right now, holiday 2007 really beefed up my backlog...

And any word on when wipeout HD may actually hit the PStore?

AWWWWWWWWW BULL fuckING SHIT.

The DLC for this game is not for free. It's like 3.99 in Euros. Ain't that about a big fat ugly bitch? I hope that changes when it gets to America but I doubt it.

This is HUGE let down. I know that with Pure you did basically get a whole new game but that's too expensive. $1.99 is the sweet spot.

Gamefly shipped out this game to me this week. I might get it by this weekend and we'll see what I think.

I put in Pure and played it for about 5 minutes... it seemed so slow....

Does it pick up if I start the game in the story mode or whatever? I did the quick race option..

Maybe I am just jaded because I expected an F-Zero type of speed, and I got a kid pushing matchboxes around.

[quote name='Snake2715']I put in Pure and played it for about 5 minutes... it seemed so slow....

Does it pick up if I start the game in the story mode or whatever? I did the quick race option..

Maybe I am just jaded because I expected an F-Zero type of speed, and I got a kid pushing matchboxes around.[/quote]

There's five different speed classes (or four. I forget).

Wow... this game is incredibly fun. On the difficult side? Probably if you are new to the series, but the learning curve is well worth it and the racing is very rewarding. I feel its a little faster than Pure as well. I love the new machine gun weapon. I haven't seen too many people online either... :(

-Dr. Ugly

[quote name='PagingDrUgly']Wow... this game is incredibly fun. On the difficult side? Probably if you are new to the series, but the learning curve is well worth it and the racing is very rewarding. I feel its a little faster than Pure as well. I love the new machine gun weapon. I haven't seen too many people online either... :(

-Dr. Ugly[/quote]

I think that Sony shouldn't have waited so long to release this game in the US. A lot of great handheld games have been/will be dropping in late January/February/March.

And it's not like Sony is advertising the game either. They really need to invest in better marketing for the franchise. If this were a new F-Zero Nintendo would make sure that you knew.

Actually, I have a question about this. How extensive is the manual about DL content and different online modes and such?

I'm in Taiwan, and I *almost* picked up it yesterday, but the manual was in Chinese. (Game was in English - it said on the box) but I'm curious about whether I'll need it or not.

I already have Wipeout Pure....with a Korean manual, which is a pain in the ass.

So, is it better to have the English manual or not?

[quote name='Nephlabobo']Actually, I have a question about this. How extensive is the manual about DL content and different online modes and such?

I'm in Taiwan, and I *almost* picked up it yesterday, but the manual was in Chinese. (Game was in English - it said on the box) but I'm curious about whether I'll need it or not.

I already have Wipeout Pure....with a Korean manual, which is a pain in the ass.

So, is it better to have the English manual or not?[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell, everything in the game is self-explanatory. I haven't opened the manual once. The devs even put the entire manual in the game! You should be fine without a manual.

[quote name='rodeojones903']People actually read instruction manuals?[/quote]

I like the pretty pictures.

K. Got the game an hour ago. This has got to be the most competent Wipeout ever and most certainly the standard by which all future futuristic racers should be measured.

[quote name='FurryCurry']I like the pretty pictures.

K. Got the game an hour ago. This has got to be the most competent Wipeout ever and most certainly the standard by which all future futuristic racers should be measured.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a very solid game. Pure was great, but this one is so jam-packed with content and things to do. I haven't gotten a chance to try online yet, but I probably will get on later tonight. Does anybody want to get some races going?

And after seeing what Wipeout can be on the PSP, I can't WAIT for a proper Wipeout on PS3. :D

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']As far as I can tell, everything in the game is self-explanatory. I haven't opened the manual once. The devs even put the entire manual in the game! You should be fine without a manual.[/quote]

Alright, I was just curious, thanks. Maybe I'll pick it up here, for novelty's sake then.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Yeah, it's a very solid game. Pure was great, but this one is so jam-packed with content and things to do. I haven't gotten a chance to try online yet, but I probably will get on later tonight. Does anybody want to get some races going?

And after seeing what Wipeout can be on the PSP, I can't WAIT for a proper Wipeout on PS3. :D[/quote]
I'm thinking about picking this up. I just started playing Pure again and wanted to know if the races are any longer than in Pure. Originally I had beaten the game on almost all skill levels but then last night cleared my save and started from scratch. I love the game but the races are over in a heartbeat.

Is there any reason to pick up Pulse if I already have Pure?

It took me a while. but I finally got the game over 2 weeks ago and I've been playing it a lot. I never tried playing online (no one else was on), but I did take a look at it.

[quote name='briandadude']Downloadable content...?

Sony, are you even trying anymore?[/quote]

They're getting it in Europe. Sony is so shitty. I feel like five people work in their PSN department. Like seriously five people. That's the only excuse I can think up for the appalling lack of content. And Pulse has been out for months now and we still don't have a single download pack yet. Didn't Europe get them all already? I mean shit, are they waiting on the release of Wipeout HD to make the Pulse downloads available to us? fucking eat balls then Sony.

I just picked up this game and I noticed it mentioned it had DLC. Is it not available in the US? I cannot find it anywhere on the Playstation store. Doesn't seem like anyone is still playing online, bummer...

Thanks!

[quote name='Masterkyo']If you lucky you can find a game at kmart or big kmart for $5[/quote]
Found a few at my K-mart for 10 bucks for the last few months. :D

bread's done
Back