Wireless cable tv?

minqqq

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
First of all, is there any device out there to hook up cable on a tv wirelessly? If there is, can you create some sort of a wireless cable tv network? If there isn't such a thing, we as CAG should invent it. Broadcasting cable tv from one access point would be sweet. I have a lot of spots in the house where i would like a tv, but i'd rather not run 25' cords everywhere to get cable to it.

[quote name='minqqq']First of all, is there any device out there to hook up cable on a tv wirelessly? If there is, can you create some sort of a wireless cable tv network? If there isn't such a thing, we as CAG should invent it. Broadcasting cable tv from one access point would be sweet. I have a lot of spots in the house where i would like a tv, but i'd rather not run 25' cords everywhere to get cable to it.[/quote]

Every room in my house has a cable jack or 2...

hiring a guy to install a cable jack only costed me 60 bucks which is cheaper than that wireless thing...

As a Cableguy I can tell you that you are better off paying the cable company for some one to come and install the outlets. This way the installer can check the signal level and make sure that the split from the main line is good. Where I work they charge $30 for the first outlet and $15 for each adtl outlet.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']As a Cableguy I can tell you that you are better off paying the cable company for some one to come and install the outlets. This way the installer can check the signal level and make sure that the split from the main line is good. Where I work they charge $30 for the first outlet and $15 for each adtl outlet.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, this comes up alot when selling TVs at work, people always seem suprised that added wall jacks are not that much (I think it's like $30-40 usually around here). Plus it's so much easier for you too, no worries about signal loss (typically), and more aesthetically pleasing than running cable every which way. Heck, even most landlords don't mind you installing extra jacks as long as it's done by a professional.

bread's done
Back