Wireless connectivity problems

Devil May Cry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
My newly wiped laptop seems to be having trouble getting my wireless signal. Everything else in my house can connect fine though. It almost always displays "Limited to No Connectivity", but on the rare chance it "connects", the Internet Explorer displays that I'm in offline mode or that I'm not connected. Now, the only things I've installed to my laptop besides it's drivers is McAfee (which I uninstalled) and then a full version of AVG 9.0. I allowed all access for AVG to see if it was screwing up with the connectivity and that solved the "Limited to No Connectivity" thing (if someone can give an ideal firewall setting that'd be dandy), but even with a "Connected" status I can't get any kind of signal. The odd thing is that with both McAfee and AVG I was able to a partial update. It said it was downloading files successfully, but it never made a completed update. I honestly have no idea what's going on, my only guess is that I didn't install one of the needed drivers or that AVG is screwing with something. Can anyone help me with this?

tl;dr version:

- Can't get wireless signal to work right
- Only have default drivers and AVG installed
- ????
- PROFIT!

Check for newer drivers. I was having issues with my Thinkpad dropping wifi often, and not being able to connect again without a restart as the wireless management tool would be frozen so you couldn't get in to switch networks, reconnect etc.

Found an updated driver on the Lenova website for the wireless card and it's been flawless since.

bread's done
Back