Wireless controller issues (disconnecting when shaking)

Othergods

CAGiversary!
I just got my 360 and I am having a problem when things get intense and I shake the controller around. I get constant controller disconnects, I push the back of the battery compartment and hit the X button and it is back up and running. But the disconnects becoming such a problem I am considering buying a corded controller.

Anyone else have this issue and have a fix for it?

[quote name='Othergods']I just got my 360 and I am having a problem when things get intense and I shake the controller around. I get constant controller disconnects, I push the back of the battery compartment and hit the X button and it is back up and running. But the disconnects becoming such a problem I am considering buying a corded controller.

Anyone else have this issue and have a fix for it?[/QUOTE]

Just how hard are you shaking it...? And...have you tried you know...not shaking it? Not to be an ass or anything. This is the first I've heard of this issue.

New batteries? Does the center ring light up in circles?

Or if you have to push the back in, maybe its not connected to the batteries good

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Just how hard are you shaking it...? And...have you tried you know...not shaking it? Not to be an ass or anything. This is the first I've heard of this issue.[/QUOTE]

Well you kinda sound like an ass. Not hard at all really, just pulling the triggers rapidly can do it.

They are new batteries and I think the jostling causes them to lose contact with that little silver spot in the middle of the battery holder.

Edit: When I say shake around it is no more than just the movement of my wrists as I rappidly pull the trigger or hit a button over and over, not an actual violent shaking motion involving my arms or anything.

[quote name='Othergods']Well you kinda sound like an ass. Not hard at all really, just pulling the triggers rapidly can do it.

They are new batteries and I think the jostling causes them to lose contact with that little silver spot in the middle of the battery holder.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh. In my head I imagined you holding it one hand and literally shaking it. That's probably why I came off like an ass cause I was wondering why anyone would ever do that. Sorry.

Does it just happen on 1 controller?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Ohhh. In my head I imagined you holding it one hand and literally shaking it. That's probably why I came off like an ass cause I was wondering why anyone would ever do that. Sorry.

Does it just happen on 1 controller?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I only have the one that came with the system.

bread's done
Back