Wireless Gaming Adapter/Bridge Compatible w/ Xbox 360 (non-Microsoft)

Samurai_X-51

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Anyone know any good deals on a wireless gaming adapter/bridge?

This is the best I've found:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LITI7K/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It's about $42 on both Amazon and Buy.com. It had a $10 rebate recently, but that's no good anymore...it's a shame, because $32 seems a lot more fair.

A year or two ago I got a Belkin one on Amazon for $19.99 in a Deal of the Day sale. Really awesome deal at the time, and apparently it's still awesome.

That adapter still works really well, but, when I got the FFXIII bundle for HDMI and the 250GB HDD, I decided to keep my old Xbox and put it with the bedroom TV for Netflix.

Right now I have my profile on a memory unit and I take that out and unplug the adapter and move them both from console to console when needed. It'd be a lot easier if I could have a second adapter so all I needed to do was move the MU around.

Any help is appreciated. Recommendations on which ones to get/avoid would also help. Thanks.

Many wireless routers can be flashed to act as access points. So you set up the rounter to act as the access point and just plug your 360 into the router. So you can probably find an old Linksys router on Ebay or Craigslist in the 10$ range and use that if you don't mind a little work. I would start looking here for compatible models. http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/faq

Thanks, I do have an old router and am aware of its ability to be an access point, but I didn't think that worked well for gaming devices and it's not on this list (it's a Belkin F5D6231-4, ver. 1000), so I'm guessing I'd have to get another.

While this may be the cheapest option and I definitely appreciate it and will look into it, other info is welcomed. I have the capacity to research and find a good option, but I'm feeling lazy/cautious about this and would like a link to something specific that another CAG has bought and used successfully so that I can have extra confidence in its viability.

Hey once you figure out let us know.
Im planning on buying a 360 for upstairs for gaming and netflix, i have the ps3 downstairs and dont wanna spend 70 bucks on a wifi adapter

Well, it's not wireless, and it's likely extremely YMMV but I just picked up a Linksys PLTK300 Powerline Network Kit on clearance at my local Wal Mart for $30. It contains two adapters. One plugs into your existing router. The other is a four-port adapter I use for my systems/BD player/laptop. The adapters use the home's existing wiring to carry the internet from our kitchen downstairs to the game room upstairs. Not as fast as a true wired connection, but it's faster than our wireless was. The PLTK300 is advertised to top out at 85 Mbps, but at a certain threshold, speed becomes redundant (unless file sharing locally) as you can't transfer internet data across your network any faster than your ISP can get it to you.

The two caveats are that you need to plug the adapter power cords directly into the wall and that your rooms must be on the same circuit breaker (not a problem for @90%+ of current homes, apartments). This kit allowed me to clear out 2x wireless network adapters and my wife no longer has to share the wireless signal with me when I'm watching mlb.tv on my PS3. Just another option to research.

bread's done
Back