Wireless Keypad?

nbballard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Anybody have one of these? Is it all that useful if i'm not trying to write novellas to my psn friends?

I'm asking because I got "Family Feud" the other day and it's fun- but the game really demands some sort of keypad. If anyone has both- are they compatible?

For Family Feud, maybe's its usefull but in everyday gaming how much do you really need to type that you need a keypad? Just write like you would texts. Keep them short, and make good use of the suggestions that the PS3 shows on the right side when you type.

As in, you type "He..." and the PS3 shows "Hello" as a suggestion. Saves a lot of time.

USB keyboard FTW. A new one is usually like $10 at many places and how often do you really need to send that long of a message anyway?

That's what I use(old Compaq keyboard from an old PC of mine)and it works fine for what I use it for.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']USB keyboard FTW. A new one is usually like $10 at many places and how often do you really need to send that long of a message anyway?

That's what I use(old Compaq keyboard from an old PC of mine)and it works fine for what I use it for.[/QUOTE]

So you just set the keyboard aside until you need to type up a message? :lol: I bet you type up those message's fast though.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']So you just set the keyboard aside until you need to type up a message? :lol: I bet you type up those message's fast though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. It works out quite well. Although at times I do have to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in to get the PS3 to recognize it again, but that's a minor inconvenience compared to the speed/ease of typing messages on the PS3 with a normal keyboard.:D

I have one but I end up using this bluetooth keyboard more. It's a lot easier to type on. I also keep the kb behind the couch whereas the chat pad is in a drawer in the entertainment center (requires getting up). It doesn't use a dongle or USB port - I just wake it up and it works.

I got a wireless USB keyboard but my ps3 wont recognize it. Mouse is also not being recognized. Is there something you guys did? I thought it was plug and play. I use these for my laptop but when i tried it out for the ps3 it didnt work.

Wired should work most of the time. Bluetooth keyboards should work as well.

Maybe that USB adapter for the wireless keyboard just isn't compatible

I have a cheap wireless Logitech kb/mouse combo that works with the PS3. I just plug in the receiver and it works after a second or two. I think the set retails for around $30.

The best best would be a bluetooth pc keyboard. USB woudl be too much of a PITA to plug in when you need it, and would likely go unused, plus cord is too short. I have the actual ps3 keypad accessory, and regret it. Too bulky to keep on controller, and too awkward to type really fast on.

If anyone wants to trade for a full size bluetooth keyboard, PM me.

~S

I have the PS3 chatpad, but I hardly use it. I find it a bit cramped to type with, so if you find it cheap it'll do for short messages. I also have the Logitech Cordless Mediaboard Pro, which is better for typing on. I don't like the response of the keys when you type, I prefer a clicky response, this thing is just quiet.
The thing I hate about both is that they are black, so if you're in a badly lit room, it's hard to see the keys. The Chatpad is especially bad, there's 3-4 characters per key and if you have to find a special character you hunt it down by staring closely and squinting at the thing.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']The best best would be a bluetooth pc keyboard. USB woudl be too much of a PITA to plug in when you need it, and would likely go unused, plus cord is too short. [/QUOTE]

It's not bad when you sit literally within 3 feet of the PS3, since you can just pick up the keyboard whenever you wanna type up a message. But for those trying to sit across the room from their PS3/TV and play and then having to(God forbid) get up to use the keyboard, I suppose it would be a PITA.

But it works fine for me.:razz:

I bought a wireless keypad from eBay I think it was $13 after shipping. It works well... not as nice as the Sony one, but good enough.

bread's done
Back