Wireless Network Adapter

jamesyboy1990

CAG Veteran
Hello all.

Its the summer, just finished exams, so what better way to relax than hooking up my xbox 360 to xbox live?...small problem:

My xbox 360 is in my basement, but my internet connection is all the way upstairs (2 floors above basement). As of right now, i don't have the wireless network adapter or a wireless router. What is my best option to go wireless?

your only option to go wireless is to buy a wireless router ($49.99 Linksys) and a network adapter (360 adapter)..

otherwise, run a cable.

Seriously, don't waste the money, just make or buy a cable. Its the best thing I ever did, especially with my spotty wireless connection issues.

your going to most likely have problems getting your wireless connection 2 floors down to your basement. you may have to get a repeater to boost the signal.

best bet is a cable (if you can manage it)

I would suggest a wireless bridge (i.e. Linksys WET-11 if still available) over the MS wireless adpater dongle. I recently switched to the wireless adapter and get worse connectivity with it and 802.11g than I did with the bridge and 802.11b. Maybe my situation is unique but that is just my experience between the two. I only switched for the sake of tidying up my entertainment center but I have had more drops from XBL than ever (never had any with the wireless bridge). This may also be a 802.11b vs g thing too.

bread's done
Back