Wireless router suggestions?

meesterjojo

CAGiversary!
I'm trying to gear-up in anticipation of getting a Wii. I've been doing some research on hooking up the Wii for 'net, problem is, it's like you need a wireless adapter, or you seem SOL.

Sure, I could buy the $25-$39 first party lan adaptor...but for that I'm wondering if I couldn't purchase a wireless router to replace my current one? I just need enough slots to plug in my 360 and my computer.

I've also seen the now discontinued Wii Wi-Fi USB adapter. I'm using Windows XP64 Professional.

XP64.

Just want to make that clear. Does anyone know if I can use the Wi-Fi adapter with Xp64? I remember when XP64 first came out we couldn't use wireless adapters of any sort. HMMMM.

Thanks for the help!

[quote name='meesterjojo']I'm trying to gear-up in anticipation of getting a Wii. I've been doing some research on hooking up the Wii for 'net, problem is, it's like you need a wireless adapter, or you seem SOL.

Sure, I could buy the $25-$39 first party lan adaptor...but for that I'm wondering if I couldn't purchase a wireless router to replace my current one? I just need enough slots to plug in my 360 and my computer.

I've also seen the now discontinued Wii Wi-Fi USB adapter. I'm using Windows XP64 Professional.

XP64.

Just want to make that clear. Does anyone know if I can use the Wi-Fi adapter with Xp64? I remember when XP64 first came out we couldn't use wireless adapters of any sort. HMMMM.

Thanks for the help![/quote]

Maybe if youd stop posting on here so much about how you CANT find a wii..

You could go to stores right now and find one ^_-

Great router btw. I use a linksys speed booster G or N or something.. was expensive..

PERFECT! Heh thanks for the personal suggestion, I'll pick one up tonight (when, yea verily, I go out again searching the city stores high and low for a Wii).

I don't know about $49 as a normal price but it is a good router. I just checked CC and they do have it for $49 (80-30 IR). Although I want to say the quality of the router has gone down since the first version was produced, but still a solid choice.

I have two Buffalo extended range routers bridged (one for my cable and one next to my TV for Xbox). These are nice because they natively support wireless bridging. You can do the same with the Linksys but you will have to flash it with a third party firmware.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Buff...69197/catOid/-12980/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I recommend getting a Belkin Routher. The Wireless G is pretty cheap and works well. Belkin has a LIFETIME warranty which is awesome. If your router ever messes up, no matter how old it is, they will send you a brand new in the box one.

I just went through this and i'm extremely happy.

[quote name='Kilraven']This is the one I'm currently using:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124010

Runs about $49.99 in most stores and an easy setup.[/quote]
Same one I use...I have my pc and 360 wired to it and my wii and ds go through the wireless.

The only problem I had with it was my wii had a really slow connection with the default settings. I researched the problem and changed the wireless channel to 11. I haven't had problems since.

Got it from wally world.

bread's done
Back