Witcher 2 Enhanced Ed. (PC) $29.99 at GOG until June 6th

OP you might want to add this is the Enhanced Edition to the title of the thread.

Before people attack, remember the MSRP on this edition is $50.

[quote name='MSUHitman']OP you might want to add this is the Enhanced Edition to the title of the thread.

Before people attack, remember the MSRP on this edition is $50.[/QUOTE]

Does it matter? There's no other edition of this game. Why would people attack?

[quote name='Motoki']Are they supposed to be making any big announcements?[/QUOTE]

They're working on an game based on the Cyberpunk pen & paper game.

[quote name='Motoki']Are they supposed to be making any big announcements?[/QUOTE]

As was said, Cyberpunk is being worked on. They also are doing the same backup offer for The Witcher 1 that they did for The Witcher 2. Put your serial number in on GOG and you get a copy there.

[quote name='louiedog']Does it matter? There's no other edition of this game. Why would people attack?[/QUOTE]

I believe there are still some boxed copies of non-enhanced floating around but at this point if you buy digital it should be the enhanced version.

Now mind you if you grab a boxed non-enhanced copy you can register it for free on GOG and upgrade the the enhanced version so potentially you could get it cheaper than this. I know some stores like Target were clearing out the old Atari published boxed copy a little while back. Of course that is a YMMV sort of thing.

[quote name='Motoki']I believe there are still some boxed copies of non-enhanced floating around but at this point if you buy digital it should be the enhanced version.

Now mind you if you grab a boxed non-enhanced copy you can register it for free on GOG and upgrade the the enhanced version so potentially you could get it cheaper than this. I know some stores like Target were clearing out the old Atari published boxed copy a little while back. Of course that is a YMMV sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

Target was clearing out the non-EE verison a month or two ago for $20. That's where I got my copy.

[quote name='louiedog']Does it matter? There's no other edition of this game. Why would people attack?[/QUOTE]

I think he's suggesting that the post may receive criticism because this is "not a deal" (hence the comment regarding the MSRP).

And I agree with Tallkido, this is a great price for a terrific sequel. Although I must admit, after having played through the game twice, I had a tough time mustering the desire to replay a third time just to experience the EE content. Maybe two times is my upper limit on playing a game as I had the same problem with War in the North. . . .

The EE is a patch but that's pretty much it. The extra content is there but wildly overstated and it really does seem to be a scheme to keep the MSRP ridiculously high for a game way too old to still be worth $50.

I have the EE from Amazon for $15 so you really do not need to jump at these prices and any CAG who bought the EE at higher than $20 needs to take a good long look in the mirror.

[quote name='Rsmobile']The EE is a patch but that's pretty much it. The extra content is there but wildly overstated and it really does seem to be a scheme to keep the MSRP ridiculously high for a game way too old to still be worth $50.

I have the EE from Amazon for $15 so you really do not need to jump at these prices and any CAG who bought the EE at higher than $20 needs to take a good long look in the mirror.[/QUOTE]

I think it has more to do with changing publishers and possibly not wanting to devalue the newly released 360 version.

The original edition was published by Atari. The EE is published by Warner. It's the publisher that sets the prices and the game is new to Warner. A

lso note that Amazon doesn't have an agreement to sell Warner digital downloads currently so they had to yank the game when it changed hands in April.

[quote name='warreni']I think he's suggesting that the post may receive criticism because this is "not a deal" (hence the comment regarding the MSRP).

And I agree with Tallkido, this is a great price for a terrific sequel. Although I must admit, after having played through the game twice, I had a tough time mustering the desire to replay a third time just to experience the EE content. Maybe two times is my upper limit on playing a game as I had the same problem with War in the North. . . .[/QUOTE]

Pretty much yeah exactly that also people saying it's $20 at Target when that's the old version that was cleared out a month or two ago and I haven't seen it lately. It's been replaced with a boxed version of the EE for $50 (seen it both at WM and Target.)

[quote name='SuperSonic X 316']Isn't the Enhanced Edition sort of like a patch aside from having people buy the newer version for a higher price as it has more stuff now?[/QUOTE]

anyone that bought the original PC version can go to GoG.com and register the code from the manual to get a free digital copy of the EE direct from GoG so it's DRM free. It's even suggested to uninstall your old version and re-install the new EE.

[quote name='gundie']Target was clearing out the non-EE verison a month or two ago for $20. That's where I got my copy.[/QUOTE]

This^ I play it off and on. It's a great game once you get into it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']anyone that bought the original PC version can go to GoG.com and register the code from the manual to get a free digital copy of the EE direct from GoG so it's DRM free. It's even suggested to uninstall your old version and re-install the new EE.[/QUOTE]

Well, this isn't a terrible idea; the install files on the CD Projekt site for the EE are broken up into something like 37 pieces, which is great for people with really slow connections but annoying if you're not in that category.

[quote name='warreni']Well, this isn't a terrible idea; the install files on the CD Projekt site for the EE are broken up into something like 37 pieces, which is great for people with really slow connections but annoying if you're not in that category.[/QUOTE]

Can't you use the GOG downloader to just download the whole thing? I seem to remember doing that way back when the game first came out so I'd imagine they would allow that for the EE too.

[quote name='Motoki']Can't you use the GOG downloader to just download the whole thing? I seem to remember doing that way back when the game first came out so I'd imagine they would allow that for the EE too.[/QUOTE]

Yes. What I meant is that if you're upgrading your existing install by adding the EE content from CD Projekt, the download is a serious pain in the butt.

[quote name='warreni']Well, this isn't a terrible idea; the install files on the CD Projekt site for the EE are broken up into something like 37 pieces, which is great for people with really slow connections but annoying if you're not in that category.[/QUOTE]
Lot of people including me had issues with just downliading the EE patch,then we had to download the full EE version to fix them.
Gog downloader maxes your download speed all the time so it wasnt that bad.

Ha, I remember when I had a boxed copy of The Witcher 1, and when the enhanced edition came out they had the whole thing posted on some Polish (yes I know CDP is Polish) one-click-hosting site broken up into several parts.

Eventually I just gave up and rebought the EE on GOG.

[quote name='Tallkido']Lot of people including me had issues with just downliading the EE patch,then we had to download the full EE version to fix them.
Gog downloader maxes your download speed all the time so it wasnt that bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah patching has never been CD Projekt's strong point. Better to just start from scratch. I had issues with that EE patch too.

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah patching has never been CD Projekt's strong point. Better to just start from scratch. I had issues with that EE patch too.[/QUOTE]
They cant do everything perfect :)
Also after i downloaded it again i read that downloading part 2 of that patch helped.

bread's done
Back