Witcher 2 is 34.99 at Frys.

It is possible as I pm'ed BB yesterday. Got Witcher 2 for $37.xx with the $10 gift card (the register applied it automatically) and the Best Buy exclusive suit.

Can confirm that Best Buy still give you the $10 gift card, even after the pricematch. $38 and change here in CA, with $10 gc back. I imagine if the cashier was feeling ornery, they could get a manager to take it off ("You either get the pricematch or the gift card - pick" etc.), but there was a line behind me, and she didn't really seem to care.

Bargain! Thanks OP!

if you look at the bottom it does not have the downers grove location listed; so my best buy called them and they said it was 49.99

I just got my Witcher 2 in from Amazon and all the corners were crushed due to it being in a bubble mailer that was way too big. Buy it at a local store if you can for mint condition packaging!

Fry's does not have collectors edition; went to fry's took picture of the price tag; went to best buy; they finally price matched it....not too shabby

37.00 total with tax
-28.00 (sold DLC)
-------
total cost around 9.00 plus i got a 10.00 gift card!!!

[quote name='senorchris']Can confirm that Best Buy still give you the $10 gift card, even after the pricematch. $38 and change here in CA, with $10 gc back. I imagine if the cashier was feeling ornery, they could get a manager to take it off ("You either get the pricematch or the gift card - pick" etc.), but there was a line behind me, and she didn't really seem to care.

Bargain! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

why do i get screwed? the manager wouldnt pricematch mine since they said it was a best buy exclusive. same place that wouldnt accept the cars+incredibles coupons...guess that store just goes out of its way to make sure they stick to the books.

[quote name='ephermal']Fry's does not have collectors edition; went to fry's took picture of the price tag; went to best buy; they finally price matched it....not too shabby

37.00 total with tax
-28.00 (sold DLC)
-------
total cost around 9.00 plus i got a 10.00 gift card!!![/QUOTE]

Same, sold my code for 24.99, along with the 10 dollar gift card and the price matching this game really cheap, nearly free. Definitely beat pirating this... package is too nice lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you with DLC codes, can you please tell me how many characters long it is? I never got my preorder DLC email from Amazon, so I sent them an email about it. They responded with an email with a code.. but the code does not work because it is 16 characters long. Can someone tell me how many theirs has from Fry's / Best Buy, or even if you ever got one from Amazon?

[quote name='Xellos2099']Same, sold my code for 24.99, along with the 10 dollar gift card and the price matching this game really cheap, nearly free. Definitely beat pirating this... package is too nice lol.[/QUOTE]

This has to be one of the best boxed games I have bought in a very very long time.

I only played 20 minutes but i already gotta say this game is pretty awesome. I haven't gone through an RPG in years due to the time commitment. My backlog is loaded with just about every major RPG since 07 :cry:. I was going to put this on my backlog in favor of shorter games but i really want to go back home and play more.

[quote name='claudio4x']Anyone have any luck with this today? It's not in the Friday ad so I'm guessing it's not $35 anymore. Hope I didn't miss out :cry:[/QUOTE]

In the Dallas/Fort Worth area, it's in the Friday ad :), I'm debating if buying it right now to test the 570 that I'm going to buy there at $279 after MIR, or to wait for a cheaper price down the line. I still have to play the first one that I bought about a year ago for $10

Is it possible to order this for in-store pickup at Best Buy and then PM with Fry's when I go in to pick up? The gift card is shipped to you from BB, so I figured this would avoid any unnecessary hassle. Would this work?

The game is amazing but they fixed pretty much nothing that was "wrong" with the first game so don't expect anything different except for the revamped combat system. It's also pretty damn hard if you up the difficulty at all >.

To those who want a copy, I might be able to go to best buy again to pick up more copy tomorrow or sunday, can't promise on the gift card i am willing to pick up copy and ship it to you. It will be 38 after tax and 4-5 dollar for shipping, mading it 43 shipped. PM me if interested.

[quote name='jling84']Is it possible to order this for in-store pickup at Best Buy and then PM with Fry's when I go in to pick up? The gift card is shipped to you from BB, so I figured this would avoid any unnecessary hassle. Would this work?[/QUOTE]

The worker at bb said no b&m stores cant pricematch bestbuy.com orders and I confirmed this by calling bb customer service so I guess all the people price matching are people who bought in store or both people were lying. With best buys customer service I wouldn't doubt it.

bread's done
Back