Witcher 2 Xbox 360 ver $48 - expired 3/28 11:59PM PDT

flatbush

CAGiversary!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874119027&Tpk=74-119-027
Promo Code 24HRSALE328B
for an additional $12 off
orig page:
http://promotions.newegg.com/nepro/...32812-_-index-_-bottomBanner-_-24HourSale-EB2

just to let ppl know, on my recent preorder (ME3 and RE:ORC) Newegg manage to ship them a day ahead and I received on day one.
There's warehouse in NJ and I live in NY.
Wonder if this gonna be a norm or not but hopefully is. Great stuff for ppl in NY that can get discount and tax free

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryuukishi']Awesome. With no tax this actually works out to slightly cheaper than the $44.99 TRU preorder I already had.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. And speaking from my own experience, I've received all my pre-orders from Newegg on Thursday whereas I've heard people tell me Toys R Us pre-orders could take as long as 5-7 days.

I never did receive this e-mail, this is the one Newegg sent me this morning http://promotions.newegg.com/neemail/guerrilla/LP/index-landing032812.html?nm_mc=EMC-GD032812&cm_mmc=EMC-GD032812-_-index-_-Header-_-SeeAll
Thanks OP, I would have missed out on this deal otherwise.

O.T. I love denying my state tax dollars that they can mishandle and waste.

You could buy 3 copies online from the Target B2G1 sale, return 2 of them, and get the game for $39.99 + tax if you really wanted the best deal on this.

Sounds like too big of a hassle to save 2 bucks (maybe not even 2 bucks, since you have to pay to ship the other 2 games back - if Target even allows that). I'll stick with NewEgg :)

I'm completely torn right now. I want this game, Skyrim, and MLB The Show 12. However, the Amazon B2G1 deal only offers The Show, and thats where I have a bunch of credit. So do I pre-order this game fro newegg now, or bite on the Target B2G1 which has all 3 games I want, or simply wait for Amazon to have good deals on all 3 games individually...I'm really at a loss. It's too bad Amazon sucks so much right now.

[quote name='Bosamba']Same for me. And speaking from my own experience, I've received all my pre-orders from Newegg on Thursday whereas I've heard people tell me Toys R Us pre-orders could take as long as 5-7 days.

O.T. I love denying my state tax dollars that they can mishandle and waste.[/QUOTE]

Same here. $48.72 in Washington (after taxes) at ToysRUs, or $47.99 at NewEgg with 3-day delivery. Its a no-brainer decision.

Been waiting on this from NewEgg - three weeks out from release tends to be their magic date for the $12 off. Thanks, OP. :D

$47.80 for me after tax at TRU. Might be worth the extra 19 cents to get Neweggs super fast 3 day shipping which is actually next day for me.

Damnit I hate being the guy to ask this because this question gets asked on every preorder thread. But I gotta be that guy. I can't remember, does newegg charge upon order placement or shipment?

[quote name='donbaloo']Damnit I hate being the guy to ask this because this question gets asked on every preorder thread. But I gotta be that guy. I can't remember, does newegg charge upon order placement or shipment?[/QUOTE]
when it ships

Better than Amazon, even if I gotta wait an extra day to get it (Newegg gets games to me on Wed after release usually, but obviously worth saving $12). Thank you.

just to let ppl know, on my recent preorder (ME3 and RE:ORC) Newegg manage to ship them a day ahead and I received on day one.
There's warehouse in NJ and I live in NY.
Wonder if this gonna be a norm or not but hopefully is. Great stuff for ppl in NY that can get discount and tax free

Bought Witcher 2 on steam, never got a chance to play it due to backlog/less than stellar gaming PC. Looking forward to picking it up on 360, but will wait for a price drop.

Will newegg bill me before it ships? I want to place an order now to lock in and decide later but I don't want to be billed now.

Nermind, saw the answer to my question, should have more thoroughly read the thread.

i recommend people buy this day 1. u get a free upgrade including map, handbook, soundtrack plus new content not in the original pc game, all for the price of a standard new release- even cheaper with the newegg/tru preorder price. cdprojektred -the devs- should be rewarded for even putting this game on 360 when they clearly didn't have to. if initial sales fail for the 360 release, then they would be unlikely to do a ps3 version.

[quote name='RollingSkull']My recommendation is wait for a price drop on this one, but I just dropped Witcher 2 out of boredom so what do I know.[/QUOTE]

I disagree completely. If any of you have any remote interest in this game, purchase it new and near launch. CD Projekt Red is an extremely consumer friendly developer and they deserve all the support they can get.

bread's done
Back