WOAH! Don't buy the GOTY of Uncharted 2

Viper187

CAG Newbie
I just got my copy from the Amazon sale ($35?) and opened it. Has anyone ever looked at that voucher with the code on it? It says "Code expires 10/12/2010". WTF!?!?!? Now that's lame. and People wonder why I don't want these stupid vouchers.

am I missing something? is the voucher for something that only lasts a certain amount of time? such as double xp for 48 hours or something? I thought it was just extra modes, maps, skins, stuff like that. you could redeem the code now, play Reach, then come back to Uncharted 2

Even if its true, Im sure its something that can be fixed with a simple CS phone call.

Trust me, the world isnt ending.

I didn't think the extras for this sounded like anything great anyway, but nobody had the regular edition cheap. lol

It definitely says 2010 though. I will scan the voucher if you want to see the date.

[quote name='Will']Even if its true, Im sure its something that can be fixed with a simple CS phone call. [/QUOTE]

Nothing simple about a CS call, it's a waste of time and annoying.

[quote name='Will']Trust me, the world isnt ending.[/QUOTE]

Did anyone say it was?

[quote name='Viper187']I didn't plan on using it for while. I'm busy playing Halo Reach. Can you say "backlog?"[/QUOTE]Regardless of the size of your backlog, it's still DLC sitting on your PS3's HDD, so it's not game time you're playing.

Wouldn't it make sense to spend the 3 minutes putting in the code and setting it up to download before you assume that there's an issue with the code?

I bought a copy of DA:Origins off gamefly a while back, and it came with the Dragon Armor/Shale dlc code. The expiration date for that code was in April or something, but I was still able to download the dlc without any issues -- hopefully that's also the case with the GOTY codes.

According to the date on the Amazon product page, this version was released on 10/12/2010, so if true that date cannot be correct.

On the other hand, the concept of the DLC expiring in the first place is a bad idea since this version of the game costs more because of it.

[quote name='shrike4242']Regardless of the size of your backlog, it's still DLC sitting on your PS3's HDD, so it's not game time you're playing.

Wouldn't it make sense to spend the 3 minutes putting in the code and setting it up to download before you assume that there's an issue with the code?[/QUOTE]

Seriously. All this talk of fraud and shit is dumb. The code probably works as it's most likely just a misprint on the voucher. Would've been smart to actually, ya' know, try the code before automatically assuming it doesn't work.

[quote name='SEH']Seriously. All this talk of fraud and shit is dumb. The code probably works as it's most likely just a misprint on the voucher. Would've been smart to actually, ya' know, try the code before automatically assuming it doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

What's dumb is letting such an obvious misprint thru QC.

What is also dumb is having an expiration date on content you are charging extra for.

'nuff said.

Why can the OP not, you know, start the ps3, enter the code, and be done with it? I bought mine 2 weeks after the game came out, came home, entered the code, and still have yet to download the content. But guess what? No worries. Tear yourself away from halo long enough for that maybe?

Im pretty sure it means nothing. I know for my xbox stuff I have redeemed live cards, games and various other things months of not years after their expiration date. I think I redeemed robotron or something that was like a year or two past date. Im sure you will be fine, but it also doesnt hurt to just activate it and see.

So the code is expired so you're mad you can't put it on your shelf and ignore it until long after it would have expired in the first place?

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Why can the OP not, you know, start the ps3, enter the code, and be done with it? I bought mine 2 weeks after the game came out, came home, entered the code, and still have yet to download the content. But guess what? No worries. Tear yourself away from halo long enough for that maybe?[/QUOTE]

I don't even have the PS3 hooked up to the DSL yet, and it will require a longer cable to do so when the time comes. Believe it or not, we didn't get DSL in this area til just recently.

[quote name='porieux']Sounds like fraud on Sony's part if true.[/QUOTE]
:rofl: Fraud? Sounds like a misprint on the voucher to me.

Let's learn something today. The definition of fraud.

1. deliberate deception, trickery, or cheating intended to gain an advantage
2. an act or instance of such deception

Printing the date a game released on the DLC voucher does not sound like a deliberate act of deception to me, but rather as I said above a simple misprint. Had the OP actually TRIED the code before coming on here to go 'omg this is sooooooo not worth it' I'm sure they would've found out that the code works 100% and not even made this thread.
[quote name='porieux']Nothing simple about a CS call, it's a waste of time and annoying.[/QUOTE]
I suppose you're one of the people who e-mail places like GoHastings and Amazon and expect a response(even a 'canned' one) five minutes after emailing them, right? Unless a place has their customer service center open 24/7 you're likely NOT the only person waiting to talk to a rep, so be calm, be patient and take a deep breath cuz it's not all about you.;)

When I worked customer service I was more inclined to wanna help people who were nice and calm as opposed to demanding assholes who expect us to drop everything we're doing and rush through our other 60+ calls an hour just to help their 'deserving' asses.
[quote name='Viper187']I don't even have the PS3 hooked up to the DSL yet, and it will require a longer cable to do so when the time comes. Believe it or not, we didn't get DSL in this area til just recently.[/QUOTE]
Wireless works wonders. ;) Either that or just take the PS3 to where the DSL cable is hooked up already and TRY THE CODE. Let us know how that works out for you.:razz:

^Wow all those words to say basically nothing. Diarrhea of the keyboard?

Bottom line is if the code was expired it would be fraud. If not, then it's a stupid mistake on their part. Looks like most likely the latter at this point.

Now that you are up to speed try posting something constructive.

[quote name='porieux']^Wow all those words to say basically nothing. Diarrhea of the keyboard?

Bottom line is if the code was expired it would be fraud. If not, then it's a stupid mistake on their part. Looks like most likely the latter at this point.

Now that you are up to speed try posting something constructive.[/QUOTE]
Typos happen you know. As for 'diarrhea of the keyboard', I was trying to enlighten you to the definition of fraud, since apparently a typo=fraud to you when it is NOT.

It's like the people who say that a company 'bait and switched' them when they really didn't and simply ran out of stock of an item legitimately. Running out of an item that's on sale and then simply refunding people while continuing to process the rest of an order is NOT bait and switch.

As for expired codes, a ton of games from the original Xbox that had Xbox Live codes in the case still work when entered and they've been expired for YEARS now. So even though something has an expiration date, that doesn't mean it IS expired. People just need to actually TRY the codes or whatever before making a thread to bitch about it.

[quote name='porieux']What's dumb is letting such an obvious misprint thru QC.

What is also dumb is having an expiration date on content you are charging extra for.

'nuff said.[/QUOTE]

You go about this as if youve never eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever fucked up in life. Treating this like its a big deal is just dumb and pointless...a thread informing vs whining is just as useless as everyone replying in this thread...yes, including me...

Is it dumb letting the misprint on the exp date slide through? Sure. Its just as dumb as those getting on saying its "fraud" and its too much trouble to call or email and tell Sony whats going on, when chances are theyd be more than happy to fix it.

LOL at the histrionics. I will assume I am dealing with the Sony fanboys here, because otherwise nobody would give a shit about an offhand factual comment. FYI I would say the same thing if it was MS or anyone else....and I had already made subsequent posts in the thread you are ignoring. I have no other comments for this nonsense.

[quote name='SEH']Seriously. All this talk of fraud and shit is dumb. The code probably works as it's most likely just a misprint on the voucher. Would've been smart to actually, ya' know, try the code before automatically assuming it doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. There's really no reason at all not to try the code, especially before you come on here to ask about it and get snippy because people suggested that you actually est it. And anyone who is talking about fraud, I seriously don't even know how to respond to that. And I just love that anyone who thinks fraud talk is insane is automatically a Sony fanboy. Sorry, I own a 360, love it, and you sound like an idiot for suggesting there was fraud here.

[quote name='porieux']LOL at the histrionics. I will assume I am dealing with the Sony fanboys here, because otherwise nobody would give a shit about an offhand factual comment. FYI I would say the same thing if it was MS or anyone else....and I had already made subsequent posts in the thread you are ignoring. I have no other comments for this nonsense.[/QUOTE]
Sony fanboy? Me? Hardly. I can't stand the route they've taken this gen, although their hardware reliability compared with last gen's DRE fiasco is admirable.

Although they may be a Sony subsidiary it is Naughty Dog's responsibility to inform consumers of the misprint. But the only people who seem to need this warning are idiots who can't think for themselves and realize that maybe this is just an error in the printing.

As I(and at least 1-2 others) said above, there have been other 'expired' codes that still worked right after expiration date. All people need to do is take a chance and TRY them.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Exactly. There's really no reason at all not to try the code, especially before you come on here to ask about it and get snippy because people suggested that you actually est it. And anyone who is talking about fraud, I seriously don't even know how to respond to that. And I just love that anyone who thinks fraud talk is insane is automatically a Sony fanboy. Sorry, I own a 360, love it, and you sound like an idiot for suggesting there was fraud here.[/QUOTE]

There is a reason. If you have not opened the game yet (as in my case) you can still return it without hassle if it doesn't include the content that makes it more expensive than the standard edition.

Reread my post in this thread where I use the word IF. IF it was intentionally expired, yet they were still charging extra for it, that would be fraudulent. I later posted about the release date on Amazon being the same as the supposed expiry date, and put forth that it was more likely an error. There is nothing insane about what I posted, too many people in this thread are simply trying to have an argument.

Sucks if it's not a mistake. I know 360 codes tend to still be good after the expiration date, but my experience with PS3 codes is that if it says it's expired then it's expired. I've even had some expire before the expiration date printed on the insert.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']uncharted 1.5 is better than halo 3.5 anyway.

GoTY or not.[/QUOTE]
uncharted 1.5?! UC2 Blows UC1 out of the water in every aspect.

[quote name='porieux']There is a reason. If you have not opened the game yet (as in my case) you can still return it without hassle if it doesn't include the content that makes it more expensive than the standard edition.

Reread my post in this thread where I use the word IF. IF it was intentionally expired, yet they were still charging extra for it, that would be fraudulent. I later posted about the release date on Amazon being the same as the supposed expiry date, and put forth that it was more likely an error. There is nothing insane about what I posted, too many people in this thread are simply trying to have an argument.[/QUOTE]

Wtf? So you were actually implying that Sony would actually print expired DLC codes on purpose, throw them in a game and then charge extra for it? You know what? I bet as soon as they did that, they tied a lady to the railroad tracks and then ran for the hills whilst twirling their moustaches and laughing maniacally. Those damned swindlers!

[quote name='Mixer236']Wtf? So you were actually implying that Sony would actually print expired DLC codes on purpose, throw them in a game and then charge extra for it? You know what? I bet as soon as they did that, they tied a lady to the railroad tracks and then ran for the hills whilst twirling their moustaches and laughing maniacally. Those damned swindlers![/QUOTE]

No idea, Sony has done plenty of wacky crap and I didn't know how long this edition of the game has been out.

Another person posting stupid bullshit. What is it today?

[quote name='Mixer236']Wtf? So you were actually implying that Sony would actually print expired DLC codes on purpose, throw them in a game and then charge extra for it? You know what? I bet as soon as they did that, they tied a lady to the railroad tracks and then ran for the hills whilst twirling their moustaches and laughing maniacally. Those damned swindlers![/QUOTE]
:rofl: Classic. :applause:

Don't underestimate corporate stupidity. Usually caused by incompetence rather than 'evil'.

Anyway, for the people who are actually interested in the question in the OP, I will open up my game and try the code a bit later tonight.

Real information, imagine that.

OK, just to confirm, the expiration date on my voucher also said 10/12/2010 but the download does in fact work. So there you have it.

[quote name='porieux']OK, just to confirm, the expiration date on my voucher also said 10/12/2010 but the download does in fact work. So there you have it.[/QUOTE]

Damn it, I wanted to hear people bicker more about nonsense, too. You had to ruin things by confirming that the code works.

bread's done
Back