Woman Arrested For Not Paying Library Fees

Link927

CAGiversary!
Feedback
55 (100%)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080822/ap_on_re_us/odd_library_arrest

GRAFTON, Wis. - A Wisconsin woman has been arrested and booked for failing to pay her library fines.
b

Twenty-year-old Heidi Dalibor told the News Graphic in Cedarburg that she ignored the library's calls and letters as well as a notice to appear in court.
Still, she was surprised when officers with a warrant knocked on her door, cuffed her and took her to the police station to be fingerprinted and photographed.
Police Capt. Joe Gabrish says officers follow the same procedure with every warrant.
Library director John Hanson says a couple of dozen people are cited each year for failure to return materials or pay fines.
The incident cost Dalibor about $30 for the two overdue paperbacks. It cost her mother $172 to free her.

Cant escape the wrath of those librarians!

Who the fuck gets called to court over library fees?

I bet this cost the state more money than just doing nothing too. What a fucking waste of time and resources.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Who the fuck gets called to court over library fees?

I bet this cost the state more money than just doing nothing too. What a fucking waste of time and resources.[/quote]
Wisconsin.

'nuff said.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Who the fuck gets called to court over library fees?

I bet this cost the state more money than just doing nothing too. What a fucking waste of time and resources.[/QUOTE]

Don't you get it? It was all worth it to help keep the sheep in line.

[/sarcasm]

Over two overdue paperback books? That's just silly.

Still if you get a court summons you don't ignore it.

Originally Posted by Ugamer_X
Wisconsin.

'nuff said.
Originally Posted by Squall835
Ugamer is right; people in this state are fucking stupid. Mostly.
I take great offense to these quotes. Yes their are some stupid people in Wisconsin but I can think of a few other states that are much worse, and yes I am originally from Wisconsin but that's not the point.

The point is that a 20 year old girl thought that she could ignore multiple calls and mail about her late books from the library without any consequences. I mean do you think a notice to appear in court would just go away if you ignored it? Heidi Dalibor is the irresponsible one and deserved what she got. The police were just doing their job and maybe next time Heidi Dalibor will return her books on time, which I know is a hard concept for some.

[quote name='Strell']
bookman.jpg

I got a flash for ya, joy-boy: Party time is over.[/quote]

Good call, another example of life imitating art.

Ever get the feeling that America is becoming more like it's parodies, instead of the other way around.

Sites like the Onion are meant for a laugh, not a crystal ball.

[quote name='Ramza394']Yes their are some stupid people in Wisconsin[/QUOTE]

:D

Sorry I know this is a low blow.

[quote name='camoor']
Sites like the Onion are meant for a laugh, not a crystal ball.[/QUOTE]

Dood, go check out their video section.

Specifically the ones about the fat astronaut and how the Supreme Court finds the death penalty "totally badass."

Re: Wisconsin

I don't know much about you people outside of the fact that you are some of the drinkin'est mofos ever, and Lewis Black agrees. I saw people getting nicely toasted at 4 PM on a Wednesday. A Wednesday!

You gotta wait until at least Thursday in most places, but not Wisconsin.

[quote name='Ramza394']I take great offense to these quotes. Yes their are some stupid people in Wisconsin but I can think of a few other states that are much worse, and yes I am originally from Wisconsin but that's not the point.

The point is that a 20 year old girl thought that she could ignore multiple calls and mail about her late books from the library without any consequences. I mean do you think a notice to appear in court would just go away if you ignored it? Heidi Dalibor is the irresponsible one and deserved what she got. The police were just doing their job and maybe next time Heidi Dalibor will return her books on time, which I know is a hard concept for some.[/quote]

I could understand if she was hauling out with a pickup truck full of rare editions - but two paperbacks? Really?

I mean, we can't even get the cops to go after scammers that bilk online traders out of hundreds of dollars of stuff. I hate how they always go for the easy targets.

[quote name='Gentlegamer']She probably drew pee-pees and wee-wees on the books, too.[/quote]

LOL.

Hey that happened to me twice!

Except mine were for two unpaid seat belt tickets and me not gong to court for them.

The first was in my hometown which is tiny and even though they hated me (crazy skateboarder tearing up the downtown sidewalk with the skateboards and ripped up jeans!). They just let me me pay my bail which was like 25 bucks plus the 70 dollar ticket, and go after finger prints and mugshots.

The second time, I actually had to go the city I live in real time prison (well the group cell for transfer inmates and one's going to court soon). It was awesome even though I paid my bail before I got arrested, they still had to "process" it and I sat there with 8 other dudes for over 2 hours.

They were going to make me wear a jump suit, and I told them that my bail was already paid and I didn't think I would be there long....

Big mistake! Everyone in the cell was all like "why the hell ain't ya wearing a jumpsuit!"

After their initial jealousy of my stylish not-bright orange clothing and no sandals just socks (which would have bee hell for me I hate sandals), they were pretty nice.

If you ever go to jail, just remember no matter what are inmates said, did, or sold...the reason they are their is complete Bullsh*t. (are we aloud to swear on here?)

Random 19 year old

"Yeah I was going like 15 over down the Ave; ran a stoplight, and this pig so me, so I dipped into the gas station parking lot, and then 30 seconds later the cop pulls up and turns on his light. Tells me I was speeding and ran a light, found an ounce under my seat, and about 500 fake X pills....they were fake and I was parked.....It was some bullsh*t!"

Me

"Yup, that sure is some grade-A BS"
They few inmates paying attention nod in agreement

Kid

"hell ya man, I mean they was fake. He ain't got no reason to search my car, and plus I wasn' even driving..."

Me

"yea, I forgot to pay a seat belt ticket, it's not even a moving validation...it is some BullShh......"

Random drunk beat-up eye patch guy

"HAHA your hard man real hard!"

Except mine was actually bullsh*t....jerks.

[quote name='gareman']Hey that happened to me twice!

Except mine were for two unpaid seat belt tickets and me not gong to court for them.[/QUOTE]

So you got arrested for not going to court? What happened when you got arrested?

[quote name='Strell']Dood, go check out their video section.

Specifically the ones about the fat astronaut and how the Supreme Court finds the death penalty "totally badass."

I don't know much about you people outside of the fact that you are some of the drinkin'est mofos ever, and Lewis Black agrees. I saw people getting nicely toasted at 4 PM on a Wednesday. A Wednesday!

You gotta wait until at least Thursday in most places, but not Wisconsin.[/quote]

That's nothing. I work at a gas station in the northern part of Wisconsin and routinely see people come in lit up on a Sunday afternoon.

[quote name='Strell']Dood, go check out their video section.

You gotta wait until at least Thursday in most places, but not Wisconsin.[/QUOTE]

In Wisconsin, every night is drinking night. I went out on Tuesday last week and it was packed. Live band and everything.

As for Sunday afternoon, why the hell not? You don't drink while you watch football?

bread's done
Back