Woman, 'I survived an abortion attempt'

At least the mother is consistent? That also seems a little late to decide to want to abort a baby. I'm not sure if that means she was pregnant for 7 months or the bay was supposed go come out in 7 months, though.

I was almost aborted, but I am pro-choice. Actually, I should have been aborted since it ruined my mom's high school and college, and stopped my dad from going into the Air Force. They are still not very financially comfortable......They should have aborted me, I wouldn't of cared because I wouldn't have been able to.

Hey look I just realized it's my Birthday.

[quote name='gareman']I was almost aborted, but I am pro-choice. Actually, I should have been aborted since it ruined my mom's high school and college, and stopped my dad from going into the Air Force. They are still not very financially comfortable......They should have aborted me, I wouldn't of cared because I wouldn't have been able to.

Hey look I just realized it's my Birthday.[/quote]

:cry:

[quote name='gareman']I was almost aborted, but I am pro-choice. Actually, I should have been aborted since it ruined my mom's high school and college, and stopped my dad from going into the Air Force. They are still not very financially comfortable......They should have aborted me, I wouldn't of cared because I wouldn't have been able to.

If that's not the most depressing post I've ever seen...

its not meant to be sad, its just logical. I have a great life now though...so they can't go back on their decision.....I would be all NO WAY MOM!

'remember the time, when we went to see an abortionist, and the abortionist had only one arm, and I said 'whoa, Louis, you arent letting this guy give you an abortion? are you?

So anyway, a few months later my daughter Meg was born'

[quote name='StinkyCheese']'remember the time, when we went to see an abortionist, and the abortionist had only one arm, and I said 'whoa, Louis, you arent letting this guy give you an abortion? are you?

So anyway, a few months later my daughter Meg was born'[/quote]

And we got halfway home with the afterbirth before we noticed it wasnt Meg?

I think it takes a throughly disciplined and rational mind to see the world the way you do. Bravo!

Sadly, this will never get as much attention as the sensationalistic antics of the Jesus freaks.

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, look. Using emotional appeals instead of rationality to make a persuasive argument.[/quote]

Yes! That you mmkyevermin. I always agree/enjoy your posts.

Happy birthday.

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, look. Using emotional appeals instead of rationality to make a persuasive argument.[/quote]

You do realize that not all emotional appeals are logical fallacies, right?

[quote name='help1']You do realize that not all emotional appeals are logical fallacies, right?[/QUOTE]

I think you missed it.

I love how - apparently, according to some - that only Jesus freak fundamentalists can be ones who are pro-life.

That's a hilarious statement coming from people who pride themselves on their own rationality, which they further contend is based upon nothing but logical arguments.

I mean really. At least wait a whole minute before contradicting yourself. By then some of us might have forgotten due to our diminished attention spans.

There's probably more to debate here, but I really hate this topic, having seen it argued a million times with the same premises and it never progressing anywhere.

[quote name='Strell']I love how - apparently, according to some - that only Jesus freak fundamentalists can be ones who are pro-life.

That's a hilarious statement coming from people who pride themselves on their own rationality, which they further contend is based upon nothing but logical arguments.

I mean really. At least wait a whole minute before contradicting yourself. By then some of us might have forgotten due to our diminished attention spans.

There's probably more to debate here, but I really hate this topic, having seen it argued a million times with the same premises and it never progressing anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Probably not a point to bring up when the topic of discussion is a fervent Christian as well as a self-described "Christian recording artist."

Just sayin'.

[quote name='mykevermin']Probably not a point to bring up when the topic of discussion is a fervent Christian as well as a self-described "Christian recording artist."

Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]Very true, but I think if anyone deserves to have an opinion on the topic she does.

So does this fall into the off-topic part of this forum, or the CAG Lifestyle?

Because if it's lifestyle, maybe we should have an abortion deals thread.

[quote name='hohez']Because if it's lifestyle, maybe we should have an abortion deals thread.[/quote]

I could have sworn I saw a deal on "Lair" in the deals forum just the other week

[quote name='camoor']I could have sworn I saw a deal on "Lair" in the deals forum just the other week[/quote]
/thread

I honestly just think the whole situation was funny.
What people decide for themselves on this issue is their own business.

[quote name='SeanAmI']I honestly just think the whole situation was funny.
What people decide for themselves on this issue is their own business.[/QUOTE]
Fetus burning alive for 18 hours= epic lols

[quote name='SeanAmI']I honestly just think the whole situation was funny.
What people decide for themselves on this issue is their own business.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like when she chose to have cerebral palsy ... but I guess you're saying that she wouldn't have had it if they just finished the job?

It's admittedly convenient to only consider one side of the equation when the other side only is given a chance to speak when things are botched. woo, rationality!

[quote name='gareman']its not meant to be sad, its just logical. I have a great life now though...so they can't go back on their decision.....I would be all NO WAY MOM![/quote]

In all honesty the logical thing to do was for them not to have vaginal intercourse if they couldn't financially deal with the possible outcome. No one gets pregnant from a handjob.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']In all honesty the logical thing to do was for them not to have vaginal intercourse if they couldn't financially deal with the possible outcome. No one gets pregnant from a handjob.[/quote]

that what I said to my parents. But they were drunk and horny and it was the first night they had ever talked to each other. My Mom is very anti-abortion, but apparently not too anti-unprotected sex.

Actually they were at my Dad's parents house and played a game of HORSE and if my Dad won he got laid. Well, thanks to my Dad sweet lay up...he got laid.

Some people are conceived for love, passion, politics, economy, etc....I was conceived from basketball.

Also

And actually an appeal to emotion is always a logical fallacy. You can change people's minds with it, but as far as a logical argument in and of itself it's a fallacy, as its using someone's personal feelings/opinion rather than using an "objective" assertion/s to arrive at an "objective" conclusion.

[quote name='gareman']that what I said to my parents. But they were drunk and horny and it was the first night they had ever talked to each other. My Mom is very anti-abortion, but apparently not too anti-unprotected sex.

Actually they were at my Dad's parents house and played a game of HORSE and if my Dad won he got laid. Well, thanks to my Dad sweet lay up...he got laid.

Some people are conceived for love, passion, politics, economy, etc....I was conceived from basketball.

Also

And actually an appeal to emotion is always a logical fallacy. You can change people's minds with it, but as far as a logical argument in and of itself it's a fallacy, as its using someone's personal feelings/opinion rather than using an "objective" assertion/s to arrive at an "objective" conclusion.[/quote]

When the fuck did your parents get around to telling you this?

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I mean, all I know about my conception is that my parents started trying in the mid-seventies but there were issues and I didn't get made/born until '79. I do not want any further details.

[quote name='Unickuta']When the fuck did your parents get around to telling you this?[/quote]

They didn't straight out tell me, but I pieced it together. My Dad is pretty honest and loves to antagonize.

Things like:

"Well, I knew your mom for a couples hours, before you came around..."

"No wonder you love basketball" (I used to really love basketball)

"I don't think you [my mom] should play HORSE with us...remember what happened last time.."

and there's more.

[quote name='Strell']Did your parents outright say you should have been aborted, or were almost aborted?[/quote]

My Mom told me that she gave it "serious thought", which was always followed by that would have been the biggest mistake (But that's when we are arguing about abortion laws) and my Dad has joked about it (if you knew my Dad you would realize its not offensive) , but no never straight up said "We on our way to the clinic and had a change of heart".

[quote name='GuilewasNK']In all honesty the logical thing to do was for them not to have vaginal intercourse if they couldn't financially deal with the possible outcome. No one gets pregnant from a handjob.[/QUOTE]
I was about to post this too. But gareman the quotes from your dad are pretty funny.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']In all honesty the logical thing to do was for them not to have vaginal intercourse if they couldn't financially deal with the possible outcome. No one gets pregnant from a handjob.[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true virgin.

[quote name='rickonker']...or they could use protection.[/quote]

Abstinence only policies. The feds are actively trying to keep condoms out of the hands of kids.

[quote name='rickonker']...or they could use protection.[/QUOTE]
Yes, but he specifically said vaginal intercourse.

I guess you can still put it in her butt!

[quote name='camoor']Abstinence only policies. [/QUOTE]

Even 20-30 years ago?

I confess I don't know. I doubt you do either though.

[quote name='Strell']Even 20-30 years ago?

I confess I don't know. I doubt you do either though.[/quote]

Oh no. They were passing out condoms in the 80s. The govt was TOTALLY HIP.

For two guys who think they've got the answer to everything, you're both dodging the question.

For all I know they didn't even have sex ed in the 80s and before.

bread's done
Back