Won an eBay Auction from Germany

kiwixstyle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Ok, so I won an auction for some gaming accessories from Germany. Problem is, the guy does not accept Paypal or International Money Orders. He has requested that I do a money transfer to his bank account in Euros from here (US).

Now I know my bank charges a 'rape-me-in-the-goat-ass-just-a-little-bit-harder' fee for this sort of thing, and I was wondering if any of you fellow CAG'ers have ever had an experience like this and/or know of any cheaper alternatives? I have his bank routing information, but is my bank really the only way to convert/transfer money to his bank? Thanks a bunch in advance!! :)

The seller has 94 positive feedback (100%). I'm not really weary about sending him the money so much as getting jacked by the fees. ;)

The auction was all in German. I asked the seller if he shipped to the US, and he quoted me 12.90 Euros. In my haste, I think I overlooked the 'no-Paypal' part of the auction. I kind of realize I'm gettin' screwed on this deal no matter what, however, I believe strongly in having positive feedback as a reflection of reputational integrity which is why I haven't even thought twice about not paying. I was just hoping somebody would know a cheaper way to transfer money domestically to international bank accounts. Oh wellz..

Well if you're willing to part with approximately 20 bucks US, then go for it. You may or may not get your item.

Then again, you can always take the negative and save those 20 bucks for something productive.

Like taxes.

Never in a million years do would I do bank transfers with ID theft and the blatant exploit loopholes in banking today. Once anyone has any access to your routing number and account, they can wipe out your account, without your approval. And banks are VERY un-cooperative in fighting to get your money back, if you approved an intial transfer and/or have given the Routing/Accoun numbers out.

It stinks, but it's just the way it is. These days, bank xfers and even checks are pretty risky if you don't know that the guy recieving the money isn't 110% trustworthy.

bread's done
Back