Wonderbook: Book of Spells $9.99 Again at Amazon

Fyi, I've seen a few notes on forums/feedback saying that, when ordering Wonderbook from that seller, it came in a plain box, not the retail packaging. People are speculating that the company stripped the move bundles and sold the parts separately. Just a heads up if you care about that sort of thing or are looking to get it as a gift.

I bought this last time it was this price, and yes, it did come in a white box as opposed to the regular box it normally comes with. Which is fine, but unexpected.

Not sure if it said it last time, but this time it's described as coming in a white box. If anyone needs this in retail packaging, I'm sure you can find it at retail price somewhere.

[quote name='MR_E']Fyi, I've seen a few notes on forums/feedback saying that, when ordering Wonderbook from that seller, it came in a plain box, not the retail packaging. People are speculating that the company stripped the move bundles and sold the parts separately. Just a heads up if you care about that sort of thing or are looking to get it as a gift.[/QUOTE]

I also bought this the last time around and received the plain white box packaging. It had the "Book of Spells" and the game which was sealed. I'm wondering what else came with this (if anything else) that the seller could have sold separtely.

[quote name='Jawwaad1']I also bought this the last time around and received the plain white box packaging. It had the "Book of Spells" and the game which was sealed. I'm wondering what else came with this (if anything else) that the seller could have sold separtely.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it was the Wonderbook bundle with the move and the eye.

[quote name='Loonknight']I'm guessing it was the Wonderbook bundle with the move and the eye.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I forgot they also had that bundle. I remember December 12th when Best Buy had these Wonderbook move bundles for $39.99. This might be where this seller bought them from.

Does anyone have any feedback on the game itself. I have 3 kids between 8-13 that are harry potter fans and wonder if they would enjoy it. As I am one of the 10 people that bought a move...lol

I bought this for my 6 year old niece who likes Harry potter and loves it. Soon as she comes to visit he askes to play it. So I would recommend this if you have children.

Got mine on Tuesday and it came in a white box repackaged with the sealed game. Definately they took it from the bundle because it says "Not for resale" through the UPC.

[quote name='edub3']Does anyone have any feedback on the game itself. I have 3 kids between 8-13 that are harry potter fans and wonder if they would enjoy it. As I am one of the 10 people that bought a move...lol[/QUOTE]

Ignore the ignorant haters. :cool:

I bought it for my wife, who is NOT a gamer, over Christmas. She's a big HP fan. She was skeptical at first, so she let one of the kids play it first. About 10 minutes in, and there was a crowd of kids jostling for a turn at the Christmas party. And the wifey started giving me the "I want a turn, too!" look. LOL.

The motion control handles pretty well. And if you have the camera and lighting set up properly, the augmented reality stuff works wonderfully. You really feel like you are entering the book. Personally, I enjoyed the puppet theater presentations that explained each spell. Even those are interactive to a degree, which was a pleasant surprise. Your three kids will enjoy it.

It's a nice tech demo, but ultimately, there's not much game here. There's not even much interaction going on. But, if you like pointing at things to initiate a story being read to you and simple waggle mini-"games" with different shapes but identical concepts, $10 is about what it's worth. My 7 year-old played it twice after Christmas and hasn't touched it since. I really couldn't blame her, it was boring - almost to the point of being insulting that this great PS3 technology only amounts to something like this.

Technically, these are not new and the seller has these improperly listed. By Amazon guidelines, these wouldn't even qualify as "Like New." I'm surprised a seller with such a high number of feedback is pulling a stunt like this, since they set themselves up for A-Z claims since the item is not new in retail packaging.

"New: Unless specified in the product title, all new video game items are assumed to be in full retail packaging. Bulk, plain white box, or other types of packaging are not allowed unless specifically called out in the product title."

Condition notes =/= product title...

Bought the bundle version last time it was on sale at Best Buy so I could get the move and the camera for a good price. The game itself was probably entertaining for an hour then I just became dull. This is something a young child could get hours of enjoyment from but if your an adult interested in this you might want to skip out on it.

[quote name='zeldaking']The seller lists this as Brand New White Box on the page below, as mentioned these really are not new

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0050SX89W/ref=dp_olp_new_map?ie=UTF8&condition=new[/QUOTE]

Yep, these are listed in clear violation of Amazon's policies. If anyone was so inclined, they could file an A-to-Z on the seller for selling an item not as described and would have a god chance of winning. Not that I'm condoning such actions...

[quote name='Jawwaad1']I also bought this the last time around and received the plain white box packaging. It had the "Book of Spells" and the game which was sealed. I'm wondering what else came with this (if anything else) that the seller could have sold separtely.[/QUOTE]

There's a more expensive bundle that comes with the Playstation Eye and Move Controller. The seller probably got some of those bundles at a discount, sold the PS Eye and Move Controller separately for profit, and dumped off the Wonderbook contents, reboxed, to make an extra $10.

Sort of confirmed by the fact that the seller also has listings for "Playstation Move Controller (bulk packaging)" for $35 and "Playstation Eye (bulk packaging)" for $20.

bread's done
Back