Wondering Where I Can Find The Value of Some PS2 Imports

DomLando

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I have a bunch of imported Japanese PS2 games. I am trimming down my collection and I want to get rid of a bunch of these. Is there any good way to get a round about value for these games? Some I don't see on Ebay at all. If I list them on Amazon or Ebay, I want to make sure I am listing them for the correct prices. I don't want to list to high or to low. If anyone can help please let me know. I can post a list of games if that is necessary. Thanks in advance.

King of Fighters Maximum Impact Maniax
King of Fighters Neowave
King of Fighters Maximum Impact w/ Bonus DVD
King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2 w/KOF: Another Day DVD
Street Fighter Zero Fighter's Generation
Guilty Gear XX The Midnight Carnival
Guilty Gear XX #Reload (Robo-Ky Metallic Edition) (Korean Version)
Capcom Fighting Jam
Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi Kenkakuten
Last Blade 1 & 2

I'd try listing them at $20 (+ $4 shipping) a pop, and if they don't sell lower them down to $15, 12, 10, etc. I've noticed with fighters the value you're going to get in some ways depends on the popularity of the U.S. version, for instance I don't think there's going to be a lot of demand for KOF: Maximum Impact which can be found (U.S. Version) at Gamestop for $5 or less.

The good news is that Import fighters do sell individually, I'm assuming it helps that the games don't have a lot of wordage you need to know to enjoy the title. However the bad news is that imports can be irregular; you'll have some that will sell for more than you thought and others that will never sell.

On Amazon, there's a

Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi Kenkakuten listed for $34
Guilty Gear X2 : #Reload : The Midnight Carnival (PC) listed with no copies available, maybe try $50 on Amazon for the heck of it?
The Last Blade 2: Heart of the Samurai (Dreamcast) for $19
Street Fighter Zero Fighter's Generation listed for $45

who knows if they'll pull in that much, but it gives you an idea of what might be more valuable / will be easier to sell.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']On Amazon, there's a

Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi Kenkakuten listed for $34
Guilty Gear X2 : #Reload : The Midnight Carnival (PC) listed with no copies available, maybe try $50 on Amazon for the heck of it?
The Last Blade 2: Heart of the Samurai (Dreamcast) for $19
Street Fighter Zero Fighter's Generation listed for $45

who knows if they'll pull in that much, but it gives you an idea of what might be more valuable / will be easier to sell.[/QUOTE]

I forgot to check amazon. Thanks.

I sold a pile of import games during a lowball sale here and they all sold for $1 each. A few were sealed as well... Granted, they weren't spectacular titles, but I think the market for import games is starting to dwindle. Of course you'll find some people really hunting them down, but in the end, I just think the value has gone down unfortunately.

[quote name='Vulgarism']I sold a pile of import games during a lowball sale here and they all sold for $1 each. A few were sealed as well... Granted, they weren't spectacular titles, but I think the market for import games is starting to dwindle. Of course you'll find some people really hunting them down, but in the end, I just think the value has gone down unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Import games are not the sort of thing you want to start at 99 cents or offer to a small pond like CAG--you have to take them to a larger market and nurture your listings carefully. It's a crazy thing, but sometimes you can have game lots that fail to make minimum bid, but if you break them up and list them as BINs they'll sell for 50% more.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Import games are not the sort of thing you want to start at 99 cents or offer to a small pond like CAG--you have to take them to a larger market and nurture your listings carefully. It's a crazy thing, but sometimes you can have game lots that fail to make minimum bid, but if you break them up and list them as BINs they'll sell for 50% more.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is a good point. My market wasn't really people who specifically were looking to pick up imports, so you do counter me. I did get all eight of em for right around $17 shipped when all was said and done too, off of eBay, but like I mentioned... They weren't really hard to find titles that people would scour for.

bread's done
Back